Spaced Out

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Spaced Out

Post by Intrinsic »

Space x has now sold two tickets for a moon sling shot.

"We are excited to announce that SpaceX has been approached to fly two private citizens on a trip around the moon late next year"
http://www.spacex.com/news/2017/02/27/s ... -next-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next year? yeah right, :roflmao:
They never even got out of Earth's orbit yet, Not to mention of the unsolved radiation problem found past low orbit.
this would be less of a publicity stunt when they successfully launch any unmanned moon mission first.

Yet, i love it.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Spaced Out

Post by Intrinsic »

SpaceX to blast sat into orbit with used rocket
Make-or-break launch this month for Elon's upstart
9 Mar 2017 at 21:02, Iain Thomson

March is going to be a crunch month for SpaceX: it hopes to, for the first time ever, launch a commercial satellite into orbit using a previously used rocket.

One of the Falcon 9 boosters Elon Musk's upstart has successfully blasted off and landed has been extensively refurbished for the mission. SpaceX's president Gwynne Shotwell confirmed to the Satellite 2017 conference on Wednesday that a reused Falcon 9 will loft a communications bird from satellite operator SES some time in the next three weeks.

Crucially, that Falcon 9 has to return back to Earth in one piece so it can be reused again and again for other payloads.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/09 ... te_launch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Spaced Out

Post by MadMoonMan »

Its like that joke about 2 drunks walking down a railroad track and one drunk says "This sure is a long stairway" and the other drunk says "Yeah but its the low handrails that get to me!"

Except its in 4th dimension Munchys spaceships work. Its defying the antigravity.

I've by lots of smoking and meditation is down to pressure.

like pressure from a water faucet... forces water to defy gravity.

so in the Munchy spaceships mentioned they must have a "pressure vacuumn generator" to eliminate any force resulting in going from 0 to 50 million hours per sec instantaneously.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Spaced Out

Post by MadMoonMan »

Munchy wrote:when Elon gets around to exploring Mars,
he's going to feel pretty stupid to learn that we've been there for decades,
and that our flying saucers make those rockets look like dinosaurs.
I'm reporting you to the Mars Agreement Not To Mention Members on Mars!

Which you signed to before your brainwashing

Your in big trouble buddy.

Merna ain't gonna like this.
Attachments
Sneer.jpg
Sneer.jpg (7.45 KiB) Viewed 4254 times

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Spaced Out

Post by deran »

forget google - look at this masterpiece of info from nasa .. im really floored by this mega "toy" :O

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

enjoy!
awoken the right way

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Spaced Out

Post by MadMoonMan »

WHOA

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Spaced Out

Post by Intrinsic »

whoa indeed.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Spaced Out

Post by deran »

its close - very close - really close - close close

https://www.space.com/37973-asteroid-ma ... er-12.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2012 TC4 will fly by Earth on Oct. 12 at a distance of about 27,000 miles (43,500 kilometers), or about one-eighth the distance to the moon. Previous observations suggested the space rock might come to within 4,200 miles (6,800 kilometers), according to a statement from NASA.[Enormous Asteroid 'Florence' Will Safely Fly by Earth Sept. 1]
This animation depicts the Earth flyby of asteroid 2012 TC4 on Oct. 12, 2017. While scientists cannot yet predict exactly how close the space rock will approach, they are sure it won’t get closer than 4,200 miles (6,800 kilometers) from Earth's surface.
:loony:

:woohoo:

hope they are right, i mean the calculations "borders" are 27000 and 4200 ... do the math for yourselves ... :facepalm:
awoken the right way

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Spaced Out

Post by MadMoonMan »

So your saying we are all going to die and there aint shit we can do about it? Grab your emergency bottle of Jack Black and emergency stored cola. Rock on your porch awaiting the FIREBALL ?

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Spaced Out

Post by deran »

MadMoonMan wrote:So your saying we are all going to die and there aint shit we can do about it? Grab your emergency bottle of Jack Black and emergency stored cola. Rock on your porch awaiting the FIREBALL ?

assuming the best possible comeout/end - yes - thats what we are waiting for :rollitiup:

it was an honor for me standing in your rows which became mine, so called our rows !

every end is a new beginning - so dont worry, as part of my emergency kit includes also some seeds/beans for a post apocalyptic radiation scenario

after all : thats why we are here - thats why we were here - thats why we will be here

:nutkick:
awoken the right way