So Much for Legalization.

Know of anything interesting to share with your fellow cannabis crusaders?
Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

We allow local jurisdictions to ban alcohol sales--in significant areas of the Bible Belt, prohibition never ended. I can remember driving across Western Arkansas and East Texas for hours through such places. I really have no problem with localizing cannabis prohibition in more culturally backward and conservative areas. These areas will, like dry counties, become backwoods curiosities, the locals will learn to work around the wording of the laws to enjoy their putatively illegal hobbies, corruption and bribes will protect those who can afford to pay them and a large majority of people will simply avoid these retrograde backwaters like the plague, leaving them isolated and objects of wide derision. Their economies will stagnate, their tax bases dry up, all creative types will leave as soon as they can, leaving them poor, rural and isolated, cut off from the rest of the country. Pretty much exactly the way they actually prefer it. Maybe they can even monetize their strangeness like the less devout Amish, and sell themselves as kind of an open air freak show to gawking tourists.

For the Colorado Springs case, CS is a famously extreme right wing place, so there may not be much price to pay for the local politicians here. It looks like Amendment 64 was a slight loser in El Paso county so the mayor is not out of line with the local electorate.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Why the federal government and most governments oppose legalization. Follow the money. You think the cartels don't have cash to waste ... launder?

I remember this one time a friend of mine told me about his sisters cousin in Northern .. ok I can't name the city. It was the north side. And this guy new a friend of his said that no way the cartels going to let any nation legalize drugs of any kind.. They threatened to actually possibly put hits out.

DRUGS ARE ILLEGAL

Cartel bosses laugh, "They illegal except under our control."

We lose to lose money if Marijuana is legalized.

Cuts into our profits.

We need to grease more skin.

This is our corner bitches.

GIT OFF!

(no actual beaners were questioned during this video."

*Edited later: we ran out of money for the movie but fortunately some guy gave me a quarter to post this and let you guys/girls know soO you wouldn't be sitting around all anxious.
** COUGH.. they have captured me and tore up my tape!

***Siht daer ot diputs ot era yeht dna pu deit em evah elpoep aifam yrgna.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

Feds Raid Pot Dispensaries in Washington, Where the Drug is Legal

As state laws decriminalizing marijuana begin to take effect (and grow in number), proponents of access to the drug have been holding their breaths to see how the feds would react. And in Washington State, it looks like several medical marijuana dispensaries found out the answer today as the Drug Enforcement Administration confirmed a series of raids in the Seattle area.

Colorado and Washington State have decriminalized the drug, while close to 20 states have laws on the books regulating its medical use. But marijuana is still illegal by federal law, meaning that state efforts to legalize pot have more or less moved forward with the knowledge that federal agencies might just go ahead and enforce federal law anyway. Here's NBC, explaining more:

One of the dispensaries was the Bayside Collective in Olympia, the state capital, where seven government vehicles converged Wednesday morning. Agents with guns drawn seized business records and about $2,500 worth of marijuana intended for cancer patients, Casey Lee, who works at the clinic, [said]. "It's humiliating," Lee said. "They don't get to see the cancer patients."

According to the AP, the raid on Bayside, and presumably the other clinics, was part of a two-year investigation that'll go before a grand jury in September. Washington state law allows for the possession of marijuana up to one ounce, and has state laws regulating its use medically.

And while access for patients to medical marijuana will likely drive the conversation surrounding the latest raids, there's another discussion out there challenging the way in which marijuana laws are enforced in the U.S.: earlier this year, a New York Times report, citing ACLU data, outlined the stark racial disparity in marijuana arrests nationwide, with Brooklyn, it turns out, being the epicenter of disparity in pot arrests.

Meanwhile, we're wondering how the recent raids in the Seattle area will affect former Microsoft exec Jamen Shively's plans to found the Starbucks of pot.

RELATED: The Future of Marijuana Legalization Looks... Cloudy
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... udy/59330/
Feds_Raid_Pot_Dispensaries_in-a5835d1ac2dafe9ff030092ae3b2e4e7.jpg
http://news.yahoo.com/feds-raid-pot-dis ... 42675.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

it will be shown invariably that the descrimination they showd selecting their targets benefited a clear interest the poo poo was in bed with
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

or told to invest in NOW...
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Mud Boy

Post by Mud Boy »

Like everything else nowadays, the feds need to be shamed into action. The plan ought to be to make the feds look as evil and oppressive as possible, point fingers at them, put patients out there protesting the lack of meds, follow these fuckers home and protest outside their houses, picket lines in front of the courthouse, write letters to the editor, plaster the message on billboards, be relentless, never give up. :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick:

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

Jeff Sessions personally asked Congress to let him prosecute medical-marijuana providers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... f3ff2a3c06" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1318 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Get up to speed.

Congress rejected his request.
The council he created to give him reason to go after MJ, came back with a 'stay the course' finding.
And the governors & AGs from at least 4 states have sent letters chastising him for his inaccurate portrayal of the efficacy of their MJ laws.