MyPG . Where do we go from here?

Got Ideas? Found a bug? The place to let us know what you think is here.
StillBorn
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by StillBorn »

deja not. you'd be better off starting a whole new site and not inviting some of these "members" of this group to come with you. worse than albatrosses, unless albatrosses also suck the life out of the host. by members i mean dickheads.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Dickheads is why we have the shark tank.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

StillBorn
some karma
some karma

Post by StillBorn »

no dickheads is why you have a site with no people on it.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Which begs the obvious question: if you're not a dickhead, why are you here? :rolleyes:
Prawn Connery wrote:If you really want to boost traffic, go talk to Gad and stroke his ego a bit.

Ooh, deja vu.
I may just have had my tongue ever-so-slightly in cheek when I wrote that. Once upon a time, this place (in another incarnation) had a fair bit of traffic. Then, it disappeared for apparently no reason. You can't blame anyone for not wanting to go through that again. That's not pointed at smokes and roller, BTW, but merely the fact that after PG was pulled, no-one much felt like wasting their time and energy posting grow threads etc on a site with a pot-holed history of continuity. That it still exists today is down to the dedication of the aforementioned.

I can't see MPG ever being a serious grow site - not with all the other sites around these days; and certainly not given its track record (sorry, but the momentum was lost years ago through no fault of those who continued the legacy). So I guess the $64,000 question is: what do you all want this site to be?

That's not really for me to answer, but you could start by asking Gad if the offer is still open to not just re-route planetganja.com, but hand the domain back unconditionally - I wouldn't touch it otherwise. If he still wants to help out on top of that, well that's up to smokes and roller (caveat emptor blah blah and all that).

I'd ditch the landing page and route straight to the forums. You wanna be a political pot site? Run a canna news ticker - that would at least be a start and maybe pull a few punters in from search engines and stir up a bit more debate (maybe).

Other than that, I'm really not sure what else MPG has to offer over other sites other than a bit of nostalgia for a dwindling number of OG refugees.
Licensed to Krill

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

Prawn Connery wrote:If you really want to boost traffic, go talk to Gad and stroke his ego a bit.

Ooh, deja vu.
you cant be serious :loony:
awoken the right way

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

Post by Lrus007 »

i would guess list it if you want to.
but describe it as the only free speech pot forum on the net...
hard to get new people. times have changed.
forum's and chat rooms are dwindling as face book ect.
get more popular. the forums that are doing well are on
a popular topic. like this gun forum or this rock carving forum ect.

the one thing we have to offer is a pot forum with free speech.....

just some thought's
Lrus007
ps i would like to see it grow some long live MPG
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Roots

Post by Roots »

It's like a fucking sausage party up in here....This site needs some tits and ass so I can chase them away.. :smoke:

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

deran wrote:

Ooh, deja vu.
you cant be serious :loony:
:innocent:
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Roots wrote:It's like a fucking sausage party up in here....This site needs some tits and ass so I can chase them away.. :smoke:
There's always Grinder....I'm quite sure you could handle yourself there. :whistle:

StillBorn
some karma
some karma

Post by StillBorn »

Prawn Connery wrote:Which begs the obvious question: if you're not a dickhead, why are you here? :rolleyes:
you always were better at talking than you are at listening. :roll: