Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

YOU HIPPIES!
Attachments
BangBangTheyShotMeDown.jpg
BangBangTheyShotMeDown.jpg (9.36 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Dutch Passion strains

Post by Prawn Connery »

I've never grown a "straight" BB, but I did grow out Chim's Schanzzelberry #2, which is Blue Domino (Craig's Skunk x DJ Blueberry) x DJ Blueberry, which never made the final cut in my grow room. My notes from the grow state:

Very sweet berry taste/smell. Blueberry type head high with relaxing properties, but not a very long-lasting high. Very frosty, but not very high yielding. Dark blue leaves, sativa appearance, small tight buds on long branches. Very astringent and oily. Finishes in 7-8 weeks. Seems like it would compliment my Swiss Bliss (SB2) clone, hence the cross. Very hashy flavor.

I've grown out a lot of Swiss Bliss, and there were generally three phenotypes: a fast-finishing haze type plant with long, sticky branches and that distinctive catpiss/haze smell/taste and high (at least, fast finishing for a haze at about 10 weeks and without the real soaring, heart-racing high of a Neville's or similar); a tropical type sativa with a Christmas tree structure, big yield, fruit-punch smell/taste and nasty (a bit paranoid) soaring sativa high; and what I call the "berry" phenotype - my preferred plant - which smelled/tasted of strawberries/blueberries/grape, was slightly down on yield compared to the tropical sativa, and had a cotton candy structure, with big airy buds, lots of branching and leaves, and the most uplifting, euphoric head high that could be smoked at any time of the time without any paranoia and guaranteed to accentuate any mood. It was almost like the soaring tropical sativa high tempered with a bit of blueberry, hence why I crossed it with the Schnaz (but have yet to grow it out). The other reason I crossed it with the Schnaz was due to the Swiss Bliss' propensity to bend and break stems. It was also a bugger to trim, being quite leafy.

I grew out the F13, and it was the scrawniest, hermiest, string of a plant I ever grew. It had quite a nice high - though again, not very long-lasting and not really that potent.

I only ever grew a Sweet Tooth/Sensi Star cross made by someone else, and we used to call it "Night Night", as it would put you straight to sleep. Quite potent - very indica - but not much fun to smoke!
Licensed to Krill

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Dutch Passion strains

Post by deran »

luc was left without words when i confronted him with "theft of intellectual property" and was chasing holes with his eyes around me not to look straight into my eyes ... lol ... pandorra ... was my name given to my cross , which he stole ...
the cross ... lol .. im really laughing , cause everything comes together in this small space ...
well schnazzxcalizhahr , which i got from canada if i remember correctly .. some might remember the pics i posted, as i documented it from the beginning up to F4 , so many pics in the gallery ...
was a dead end, the stuff i had wasnt special, and alsoby opening up the selected genes in further generations didnt show much improvements ... but .. of course .. thank you murphy .. there was this motherfucking exeption you could kill for ... a 4th/5th week hermie ... of 8/9 week strain , and sure .. of course, he (a hermie cant be she lol) was more potent than anything else within the tested beans, about 2 times that strong as the selected schnazzXcali parents, came up in F3, threw it away all ... didnt wanted to end in a hermie dead end, been there .. 1:20 / 1:30 aint fun (m/f), also didnt keep a backup cut, for what .. for a hermie ... that happend before i did a test smoke on those culled hermies ... there is no weight, yoiu cant even sell the leftovers week 4 / 5 , no bag-appeal, how they like to say .. and so on , and so on ...
if i had known ....
and hadnt been that "typical decadent gen asshole" ... but i got my lesson - again - lol ...

that hermie "crap" was really stellar, this 1 in a 1000 , not 1 in 100 , no sir 1 in a 1000 ... beyond all words and descriptions weed ....

thats also the reason i worked onto F4 with cousins and brothers n sisters, but without the expected results .. unfortuantely ...

thats not only my observation , the magic lies in the blueberry genes .. this lsd/mushroom dimension that opens up with the right strain, a buddy had sensis shiva2 in-crossed to Blue mystic (thats flo + bb alongside affy) , and got the same result as me further down the road, a 5th week hermie, thats easyly in my top 3 of my lifetime !!! we even traded this cut among us and it opend up a big woow over at icmag , thanks to a member here who has maybe 2 or 3 posts and never came back lol ... anyways .. they called it "blue bob", bc bob was thw grower, best descrition i can give is "hospital high" ... a strain inducing that what amnesia is trying to ... something that , with every and every and every fucking use (no built up of tollerance) wipes your memory , including all higher functions beeing responsible for intelligence, all that works is only your "shock emergancy safe mode" no thoughts , no ego, no emotions, no nothing ... absolutely nothing, resulting in situations that i got a call from my buddy, he just smoked a bowl, and while the phone was dialing he put it down the table and forgot about it, i answered my side of the line and nobody was on the other side .. i knew what happend and didnt closed the line, put him on loud and went back to firefox (surfin the net) .. 30 minutes later he took his phone again, to call me , cause thats what he wanted to do 30 minutes ago, anf forgot about it, he saw that the screen was on an lightin and minutes had passed by and said a hello into the voip stream .. lol ... he was confused when i answered the phone "hey buddy whats up" - he was even more confused, hows thats possible to call somebody, without calling him, and hows that possible that im answering before any "hardware-work" has been done ...
i was crying of all laughter at my side of the line ... lol ...
he called me to ask me , if i have figuered out this strange behavior of that weed ... lol ?
on another occasion, .. stop -- FYI ... you need to know that this weed had 2 steps ... first 30 minutes and 4 hours later ... the first 30 minutes are what you would call a relaxed giggly smooth indica high, then sets in the "switch off brain/memory/ego/emotions" part .. and all you can do litterally is to stare in 1 point ... like the whackos inside clinics in a bad movie at the psychiatrical closed up section ... huh ... my buddy scored the weed, took a fast hit from the bong said 5 minutes later, cool a nice high, i have to leave ... he was driving a rent-a-truck (which he doesnt everyday), he came to the 3rd or 4th corner at a red stop light and baaaaam he forgot what he had to do ... he got somehow paranoid about it ... opend up the truck, crawled out of his cabin down onto the ground, sat down on the concrete, started to cry , took out his mobile phone, called up his elder brother who was with him in this foreign big city for the move (therefore the truck) and who was waiting for him some 10 kms on the other side of that foreign to him town, anyways he called him up all hysterically that he needs help he cant do anything somehow explained the situation ..
his brother couldnt believe that the truck was jamming the whole street lol ... and some 10 - 20 cars have alresy piled up bc of the red lights and such, was a bigger corner with 3 or 4 lanes in each direction ... , was afternoon ... his brother was fuckin mad, thought its a bad april the 1st joke , but it was autum time .. lol, thought he would screw him just for fun ..brothers .. aint it .. lol
about 15-20 later his brother somehow instructed him to park not there bc the police will come and so on ...
bad bad bad bad mothefucking bb genes ... can be so special
too bad that they are often linked to hermies
this was so special, another one you dont want to smoke if you dont have to / must ! ... the 2 cuts i "flowerd out" lol .. to 5th week, before sacks open up, was about 15 - 20 grams , i didnt weight it wither, as why would i .. fucking crap hermie, i will stash it up for later days ...
a few days later i got visit, and only bc of curiosity i opend up this jar .. i didnt knew until then ... man man man... what a mistake ... lol .. 4 hours later i was happy to function again

this jar was my suprise jar for buddies ... somehow i love to destroys someones day whis way :D

this got longer than intended
awoken the right way

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Dutch Passion strains

Post by Prawn Connery »

Awesome post! Wish I was high now, but I'm sitting on a bullet train in Japan on my way to the airport . . .

First thing first: the only time I ever came across that type of high was in my early days, smoking Thai buddha sticks in the early 80s, and then - occasionally - smoking certain local-grown weed which was all from Thai seed from those same buddha sticks grown outdoors in the Aussie sun. That Thai weed always went hermie, and all the weed we ever smoked in those days had seed. It was only after reading "The Sinsemilla Technique" (remember that book?) that we started to understand the importance of trying to produce unseeded bud - easier said than done with the genetics of the time.

Secondly, my Schnazz #2 was from Chimera stock - as are the Mental Floss, C4 etc I have in the fridge. The only thing I know about your Pandora is what you've mentioned in the past - I've never spoken to Luc about it and never grown/smoked it. I've never, ever considered growing autos.

Lastly, the only Blue strain I ever kept for any length of time was a C99 x NL/Flo bred by an Aussie grower and given to me maybe 15 years ago. It was OK - one of the better strains I had grown at the time - but I guess it just got replaced over time by other clones as I grew more and more strains.

OK, that wasn't the last thing I wanted to mention . . . The last thing I was going to say is that arguably the strongest indica I ever grew was in a batch of SOL Adventure Mix, circa 2002/3. I never cloned it and never crossed it, but it was so oily and "fuelly" that I nick-named it "Mr Diesel" (even though it was obviously a girl!) and it was like buds dipped in hash oil and truck fuel. No other way to describe it: short, squat, oily fucking golf-ball buds that were prone to mould and destroyed everyone who smoked it. I have a Canadian friend who, to this day, still talks about the time he smoked half a joint before getting in his car and having to pull over 10 minutes later, sitting in the front seat going "fuck, fuck, fuck" while his wife asked "What's wrong?" and all he could reply was "Mr Diesel - can't drive". Luckily his wife managed to drive them both home. We were living in Korea at the time and I had a little 250w HPS cupboard and a few fluoros I used to grow in soil and supply a small group of foreigners I knew. Mr Diesel was just one plant of many, all grown from seed, and to this day I obviously have no idea what it was. I bought and grew out other SOL Adventure Mixes after that, but never found anything even remotely resembling it. That's why I hogged out on Chimera genes a while back. But, to be honest, I didn't really find anything int the Schnazz #2 that floated my boat. C'est la vie.
Licensed to Krill

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

I grew out some sativa blueberrys in my early years. in a closet under a stairs.

Fulffy buds tall.... hey I learned bending and training on those babys.

I think I used a 150w hps and maybe a 90 watt?

Don't remember any heat issues

Sativa plants can be grown.

high... clear buzz...

sorta head in cloud

but that was probably... not sure close to orignal been long time ago. Many moons maybe 12 moons times 20 suns.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

The Blueberry I grew was pure grapejuicey. Unfortunately I was a noob. Grew my first seeds from one of those shop "spolights" can't remember what they are called but you clip under hood of your car for light at late night engine work.

It lasted just long enough to flower the weidest thing.

Due my not knowing what the heck I was doing. All there was was a main stalk that grew straight up about 4 feet. I had clipped everything off growing it. BuTT there was run of small popcorn sized buds going up either side of the stalk.

Got something from it anyway?

I later grew out some more blueberrys under flourescent shop lights attached in the ceiling.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Dutch Passion strains

Post by Prawn Connery »

So Growshop Alien has some original DJ Short in stock, as well as Dutch Passion's Blue Velvet. From what I've read over the years, the "Alien" is a pretty reputable source of older strains, so I don't have any issues ordering from them.

So far I've selected F13, Flo, Vanilluna and some DP Blue Velvet fems (I figured why not) - anything else I should consider or strike from my list?

I know I wasn't impressed with F13 from my last grow, but it was one of the few strains my missus seemed to like (not too strong or paranoid etc), so I'm prepared to deal with stringy hemp weed for her sake
:toker1:

http://growshopalien.com/onlineshop/con ... /d169.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm mainly interested in the sativa (chocolate Thai) side of the Blue varieties, but not the Azure Haze/Blue Dream/Johnny Blaze etc crosses, as I have plenty of hazes in my own collection to choose from and can cross what I like if I find a decent mother or two in any of the above selections.
Licensed to Krill

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 30 times
Received Karma : 141 times

Dutch Passion strains

Post by Irwin the Troll »

Typical old men, living in the past. Get yourself a young girlfriend and grow some "Gorilla Cheese Tangerine Deisel Wreck" [image]http://myplanetganja.com/download/file.php?id=3151[/image]

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Dutch Passion strains

Post by Prawn Connery »

Done better than that: got myself a young wife, an old musclecar, and a tight pair of Levis!

OK, so the Levis don't fit and the wife ain't 21 anymore, but the car still goes like stink and - for the record - I still have a few years to go before I hit the Five-O.

Besides, let's face it, just about everything around today (strainwise) is just a mix of the old stuff. And I hate skunk.
Licensed to Krill

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

Ive been wanting to get hold of the Flo hybrid for years. Read so much about it never had chance to sample.

Its a bitch man when your pants start not fitting.