deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Just another white widow thread

Post by deran »

Prawn Connery wrote:Don't get me wrong - I can understand the appeal of a fast-finishing sativa high. And I've always read good things about JW's F2s. But I've yet to hear or read someone say C99 has a long-lasting high.

I guess my main bug-bear is the asking price of some of these genetics compared to others on the market. Is original C99 better than original SSH, for example? SSH retails for less than C99 in all shops and you get at least 15 (usually 18) seeds in a pack. SSH is a proper hybrid made from a large selection of genetics. C99 is - let's face it - bagseed (now backcrossed to a few left-over packs of old stock).

If a firm believer in a good plant being a good plant - no matter what the name. But these days, with so much choice and everything being crossed with everything else, how does anyone get away with asking $150+ for 10 regular seeds?!?

One of the strongest indicas I ever grew - and I was an absolute idiot for not cloning it - came from a $15 packet of SOL Adventure Mix. At the other end of the spectrum, I once paid $150 for 10 DJ Short F13 seeds and they were the scrawniest, hermiest, slowest-growing plants I ever grew. I will say the smoke was very unique and for some reason all the girls loved it (I don't know why it particularly appealed to women), but it wasn't strong, nor long-lasting. I will concede it probably has medicinal value, but . . .

. . . I'm starting to rant.

lol i couldnt tell if c99 has a long or short lasting high, even if you would put a gun to my head ... as at that time i had plenty (to choose from), seldomly a quarter hour or a half hour passed away without me blazin, but i do remember that she had this high ceiling with low tollerance build up, which compensates for much things, like lower potency and short lasting high

of course you cant compare are 50% + haze with cindy in terms of raw power, but i have to say that smoking a girly joint (1 1/4 paper) pure cindy was comparable to a lung or two full of titans haze or a good ssh, i got a few samples from sensis silver haze and their marley collie , and those samples were ridiculously lousy compared to cindy, she was 2 or 3 "generations" ahead in the potency department, tho the grower did a great job, as he did with all other things he has grown, those 2 were the selections out of a 15 seed pack ... and were "strong" like a skunk ... nah ... i really lost interest in those 2 haze descendants bc of those samples , dont worry, im aware that the genetic make up (on paper) is promising great possibilities....
you know those good old times, when you got a big envelope in the mail with a dozen or more samples, and 2 weeks later the clones you have chosen via the samples were also in the mail ... ahhh ... where is my bulb ... lol

speaking of WW to low-jack back on train ;)

mrnice has an auction site attached to its forum, where you can bid , like on ebay .. or cbay (for all others lol) ... , and you dont have to be registres at the forums, its enough to be registred at the auction site alone, bc of seeds ...

and now, plz

D R U M R O L L :::::::::::::

GRAIL WIDOW
and
WidowAC

both have "haze" and widow genes in their pedigree, and both are also different to mango(haze) widow, i wouldnt be surprised that AC has nevils background , while i dont know, im guessing its the number 122 , other parent than ssh, mum from mango within the grail
to exactly know whats going on, one would have to grow out 5 different strains .... lol ... and while different, all so "related" lol
awoken the right way

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Well I will temper what I have said with the caveat I have not grown out the original C99 and have not grown out an F2 or cross for some time. So it would be churlish of me to criticise (other than the price) any further until I've actually tried the original.

I do recall I had an original C99x original Flo hybrid I kept around for a while, but the fact I can't remember much about it, nor that I missed it when it was gone, leads me to believe it was just OK and was probably something different at the time.

All moot now, as I haven't grown for a while and it might be some time before I start growing again.
Licensed to Krill

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

there is a rumor that mark surf still has some beans of : dalat X c99 .... this makes my fingers itchy :D
awoken the right way

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

It's just too damn easy to buy here to make growing an attractive proposition for me. It's technically illegal still to grow without qualifying medical paperwork (although they don't seem to care much either), and I can probably get, I don't know, probably close to a hundred different named varieties, not to mention edibles and concentrates. When rec cannabis first became legal here, the quality of the growers was uneven and frequently not great. The situation seems to have shaken out now, and the surviving growers are pretty much all capable ones. Unlike in Amsterdam/NL where the growing is done clandestinely, even for tolerated coffee shops, the grows here are larger, licensed, and done by full-time pros. The difference is better variety and quality vs. the NL I think.

I clearly remember when WW came on the scene and the obscene trich coverage even on the big bud fans in the photos people were posting. Yeah most of the people sharpened and cranked up contrast and highlights to exaggerate the visual effect, but still when you saw it first hand it was still pretty damn visually impressive. I wasn't that wild about either the flavor or the stone on early WW, but it did have a good kick. The stuff sold under that name today here just doesn't have the crazy snow covered trich look of the original and one grower here* even markets their version as a high CBD type.

* http://www.phatpanda.com/about-phat-panda.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

[quote="Prawn Connery" as I haven't grown for a while and it might be some time before I start growing again.[/quote]

remember when it was all we could think about?!?!?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

What are you talking about? How can it not be all you think about? You get married? Turned into um.. "padlocked" um "decocked" um what's that word? um ... ah.. g33 man whats that word? I'm trying to remember... not .. pussified.. .. g ee

I think it might be a dirty word since I keep it blocked in the back of my mind.

Cocked like a trigger should I remember it.

Blocked from all thought whatsoever.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

I still do. I loved growing. I still love smoking. Unfortunately, change of profession means I've had to give everything up the past couple of years, except for when I'm on holiday. I'm considering another career change, lol.
Licensed to Krill

Butters
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: unofficial curvature

Post by Butters »

I still love it too, more now than ever. It's about all I have left at this point, can't afford to do anything else.
Hell, I'm miserable and kinda freaking out because I've been too sick to get the spring seedlings started, it's that time here...getting behind every day.
mean people suck :smoke:

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

I'm pushing my self... a little at a time.. No need to do it all at once. It's the journey.

Doing some seed in dixie cups tonight and got light set up.. had to climb ladder and move chains around.

Going for more climate control this time.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

You can't just lay down and die. We have to push ourselves. Up and until we are truly ready to just lay down and die. Say... you have no food and your surrounded by wolves.

What do you do?

What do YOU! do?

I'd personally punch the nearest alaskan wolverine in the nose the go for under throat of closest next one to grab by trachaya and expect and brace for being jumped and pulled from all sides.

Considering all situations beforehand. I'm im dragged down I'm dead

Remaining on feet narrative.

How fast can you kill a dog to live thru a wollve pack attack?