a new plan for breeding straight f1s a plant marriage if u w

The place to throw about unorthodox ideas related to gardening.
MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

a new plan for breeding straight f1s a plant marriage if

Post by MadMoonMan »

bentech wrote:you tell em!

Gag and vomit! man.. everytime someone reclicks and brings up that pic I feel like cutting my dick off or something!

Seeing that ugly redheaded short pantsed mofo more than once is beginning to scare me!

WTF?

Sorry, maybe its me and I'm going insane from worm virus implanted and eating my brain out? I think the next person who clicks on the guys ugly ass pic and doesn't meme it should be banned for life.

or at least till the next calender lineup of of releasing all sharktank upon request on that date ... next one is .. 2020 i think have to check to be sure.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

I crossed a UBC Chemo male stout stocky and stinky with a female one year. Kept the seeds smoked up all the other 9 foot monsters..... no brag... just fact. Some were bent over with ten foot ceiling on greenhouse.

Was arrested for DUI that year went to party with an ounce in my pocket to share. After a few screwdrivers left and ran into a non moving sign in the middle of the road. Serious.

It had a black arrow pointing <-- that way with a yellow background. hic.

I was apparently headed straight. I say apparently because when I woke up the sign smashed down on my windshield and my radiator smoking and a cop tapping on my window to open it.

I don't remember anything else.

I wanted to go right man....... but missed the bridge.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

Roots wrote:Double crosses arnt F1's.....People only think that because pollen chuckers don't have standards they follow and cash rules.

yes they are:
http://passel.unl.edu/pages/information ... =9&minto=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

F = filial one, the first offspring of said parents
awoken the right way

Roots

Post by Roots »

It's two stable parents that breed true.....Chimera has wrote a bunch on this topic.

Roots

Post by Roots »

The terminology for breeding a Coon Cat and Corn might use all the same words but how they're used might be slightly different.
The industry standards for cannabis have been defined over the last 10-15 years by a bunch of pollen chuckers....When I have some time I'll find some good post over at ICmag about this exact topic.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

if needed i can pull up somewhere mendel :wink:

in the meantime, here is what wiki is saying:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_hybrid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An F1 hybrid (or filial 1 hybrid) is the first filial generation of offspring of distinctly different parental types....
In agronomy, the term “F1 hybrid” is usually reserved for agricultural cultivars derived from two parent cultivars.
no word is lost, that the parent cant consist of a cross itself, our question here between you and me seems to be kinda off terminology, due to our understanding beyond chuckers ... ;)
if im interpreting what i understood between the lines , then you think like this way
(inserting strain "great white shark" to exemplify it) :

great white shark = super skunk x white widdow
super skunk = skunk x afghani
white widdow = brazil x south indian

you say that this isnt a F1 (great white shark) , no matter if super skunk and white widdow have been stabilized prior or not
only super skunk is a F1 when parents were stabilized, same with WW ... if not stable, it aint even an F1

my understanding is the opposite, anything , stabilized or not, which isnt related to each other is a F1

it becomes harder when you read chief seven turtles, who is making a F1 within the same strain, just by selection and further stabilizing, with different traits tho ....
by this a cross between 2 skunks from 2 different companys should make also a F1 hybrid, like orange bud crossed to euphoria

and taxonomy is fucking us again, as some might mix up a double hybrid with a di-hybrid , tho both means "2" ... lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihybrid_cross" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dihybrid cross is a cross between two different lines (varieties, strains) that differ in two observed traits
with our words, just a cross, a hybrid, a F1

one problem is mendel itself, as he worked exclusively with stable true breeding lines, otherwise he wouldnt been able to observe and define
awoken the right way

Roots

Post by Roots »

When I first started posting on these forums there was more of an industry standard, then people like Rez came along and called every new cross an f1 and the term f1 became a generic term for any first generation cross....most people think the f stands for first.

http://www.marijuanagrowing.com/showthr ... -F2-F3-etc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

All the talk of F1s and double crosses isn't applicable to drug cannabis which, due to its illegality and thus the impossibility of scientific selective breeding, probably completely lacks the stable lines necessary to produce either.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Roots

Post by Roots »

Before the Internet globilized the seed market things were different....Growers in the hills of Cali had stable strains they would keep to themselves for years.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

The closest we've got are old farmer's cultivars such as those you describe, but I'm pretty sure most have been lost to mail order Dutch polyhybrid contamination over the past twenty years. I've still got access to unfucked with genetics brought in from Afghanistan in the eighties that breed true--I smoked some yesterday in fact--but to be frank, the quality, while very good, is still not quite there with the top named cuttings making the rounds. Even the best stable lines are unlikely to match the best sports selected and taken as cuttings from a large number of grown polyhybrids.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow