Joined 6 years, 3 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, and 8 hours ago.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

PeacockVapor wrote:Fucking amazing.
Best thread on the internet, ever.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Jane Donut
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by Jane Donut »

More corrupt government players?

How can that be? We were told that those gentlemen in government service were just some rouge outliers.

Oh my, I missed that big clue.

The government spokesman's lips were moving, weren't they? I must have missed that.

What are the odds that Obama will pardon Hilliary so she can run for president?

The gentlemen at the FBI seem a trifle slow to indict her as compared to others charged with similar secret document indiscretions.
If you trust in yourself,
and believe in your dreams,
and follow your star,
you'll still get beat by anyone who spends their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

Moustache wrote:SOURCE: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016 ... -at-large/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Prosecutors say corrupt Silk Road agent has co-conspirators at large

Details remain scarce regarding the second arrest of corrupt Silk Road investigator Shaun Bridges, but in a new court filing, prosecutors insist that the details remain under seal—in part, because they believe he has one or more co-conspirators.

Following the trial and conviction of Silk Road mastermind Ross Ulbricht, two federal agents, Carl Force and Shaun Bridges, were charged with stealing from the Silk Road even while they were investigating it.

Bridges used admin privileges, taken from an arrested Silk Road admin, to steal $800,000 worth of bitcoins from Silk Road drug dealers. He pled guilty last year, and in December he was sentenced to nearly six years in prison.

The massive theft is what led Ulbricht, acting as the "Dread Pirate Roberts," to allegedly commission a "hit" on his former employee. The "hitman" he hired, however, turned out to be an undercover personality operated by Force, a DEA agent.

Bridges has been in custody since his re-arrest on January 28, and sought to unseal the government's evidence so that he could defend himself, as well as get his property back. "[H]e has been denied both his freedom and his property without any showing of wrongdoing by him," Bridges complained.

In their response (PDF) filed today, prosecutors urged the judge to keep it all under seal, since they're still looking into the full extent of Bridges' crimes.

While there isn't much information in the opposition, the government does state its position that Bridges committed "a series of additional crimes, including crimes that took place both before and after the date of the entry of his guilty pleas and sentencing," (emphasis in original).

Prosecutors say evidence of additional crimes was found during a search of Bridges' house just one day before he was scheduled to self-surrender to a federal prison. Among other things, police found a passport card, corporate documents for offshore companies, and documents related to Bridges' wife's attempt to gain citizenship in another country.

"Although Bridges himself is in custody on that underlying case at present, his co-conspirator(s) remain at liberty and thus, disclosure of the details contained in the search warrant could jeopardize the new investigation," prosecutors write in today's filing.

The nature of Bridges' additional crimes are still unclear, but a February 17 filing (PDF) says that investigators became aware of "additional thefts of bitcoins from Secret Service accounts," which the government believes Bridges, "working with others," was involved in.

UNITED STATES’ RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR UNSEALING: http://antilop.cc/sr/files/2016_02_22_B ... motion.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thats a gem of a post.
I'd check the lifestyle of Bridges chain of command associates.
I can't imagine that rogue agents were working independantly of each other.
Most likely their boss.

AGD
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

Question: In the case of Silk Road, “do you assume the NSA was involved in gathering evidence?” @Snowden: “Yes."

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

A judicial ruling released yesterday in the case of Brian Farrell, an alleged staffer of the defunct Dark Web drug site Silk Road 2, confirmed what many who followed that black market’s downfall have suspected for months: That the FBI was able to bypass the anonymity software Tor—the central tool used by the Silk Road 2 and its buyers and sellers to evade the cops—with information they obtained from a subpoena to Tor-focused security researchers at Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute. In a ruling, judge Richard Jones of the Western District of Seattle wrote that Farrell’s IP address was obtained through a subpoena to Carnegie Mellon while the university researchers were running an experiment on the Tor network designed to show how its anonymous users and servers could be identified.

It proves that FBI agents somehow learned of research intended to be openly shared with a community that would fix the security flaws it exposed, but instead they subpoenaed it to be used in secret to identify and arrest criminal suspects. And they could do it again.

FBI’s Tor Hack Shows the Risk of Subpoenas to Security Researchers

http://www.wired.com/2016/02/fbis-tor-h ... searchers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by bentech on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

nbrk
some karma
some karma

Post by nbrk »

Did Serrin Turner just resign? Free_Ross seems to think so...

edit: tache just confirmed: https://twitter.com/lamoustache/status/ ... 6577456129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PeacockVapor
some karma
some karma

Post by PeacockVapor »

Glad he is leaving. Self righteous asshole

Nightcrawler
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: PGP or bust

Post by Nightcrawler »

I'm not certain if this is the right place to post this, or whether it would have been better to make it a separate thread.

Some of you on here may be familiar with PlutoPete, who was the proprietor of Planet Pluto, a headshop on the Internet.

It would appear that PlutoPete is among the latest victims of the Silk Road fallout. He was raided by the UK authorities, shortly after the bust of Ross Ulbricht -- apparently they thought he was some type of major player on SR. (I remember he commented after the raid that the UK cops were on the line to the FBI the entire time, as the raid was being carried out. He seemed to feel that they were taking their direction from the Americans.)

When I last asked about how things went with a meeting with his legal team in January, this is what he said:
They've added more charges too, another 9, so i've got 18 charges now. I think the new charges, mostly selling Morphine and Meth, should get dropped as they are clearly nothing to do with me, but the conspiracy charges will sink me as they have reams of conversations between me and dozens of vendors.
He had hoped to challenge the legality of the Icelandic SR server seizure, but the authorities based their charges on another backup server, this one from Lithuania, the seizure of which did not have the same legal cloud over it as the Icelandic server did, so it was not possible to have that evidence thrown-out as improperly seized.

Accordingly, it would appear that, on the advice of his solicitors, PlutoPete plead guilty to eight charges. He was supposed to be in court on Friday to be sentenced. He told me that the authorites wanted to make an example of him; other people he spoke to reported that he was expecting a sentence of between 5 and 8 years. According to an anonymous person on the Hub, PlutoPete was remanded into custody on Friday afternoon, with the sentencing to be carried out on Monday.

Nightcrawler

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

He tweeted that his case was postponed until the afternoon and that he didn't expect to be posting any updates after court.

Hopefully someone in UK can share his sentence agreement but unless he chose to make it public, with UK privacy laws it's probably not going to be front page news.

Thankfully Moustache and Cox are still actively following the story.

There is just so much going on now between all parts of the story.

Lots of moving parts.

Part of his problem me thinks is that he was trying to sue to get his Bitcoins back. :loony:

http://upstart.bizjournals.com/money/lo ... tcoin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.