BREAKING CONCENSUS! guns dont kill people... FLAGS DO!!!

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

Post by Lrus007 »

so we get a new flag ?
Lrus007
Attachments
Offend_zpsmll6grr1.jpg
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Roots

Post by Roots »

Now if I can put my face on it it will be my facebook profile pic.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

Dick Cheese wrote:You 'intellectually challenged' guys are great :)

I point out the phrase politically correct stems from politicians and you find all sorts of things I'm going to allegedly say next.

I point out that the Confederate flag is an important historical part of what makes the US the US and suddenly I'm a racist.

just cuz you can mabe spell "intellectually" doesnt mean you can own its opperative implimentation...
Dick Cheese wrote:I wonder what you'll come up with if I say I don't like boiled peas ?

funny youd ask...

A Farmworkers Bill of Rights in New York May Finally End "Abhorrent" Treatment
Friday, 26 June 2015 11:06 By Elizabeth Grossman, In These Times | Report

font size decrease font size increase font size Print

Email

The New York State workers whose benefits most often make headlines are the Wall Streeters who took home an average bonus of $172,860 in 2014. That's almost ten times what many of New York's estimated 60,000 to 100,000 farmworkers earn annually. What's more, farmworkers in New York are not currently guaranteed a full 24-hour day off each week. They also lack the right to overtime pay, to unemployment and workers compensation insurance and are without collective bargaining rights - in an industry that's worth some $5.7 billion annually.

Legislation now being considered by the New York State Senate and Assembly aims to change this status quo. What's being called the Farmworkers Bill of Rights or Farmworkers Fair Labor Practices Act (S. 1291 and A. 4762) would effectively eliminate some key exemptions the federal Fair Labor Standards Act grants to agricultural employers. The legislation would also require employers to report workers' injuries and whether housing provided for farm or food processing workers' labor camps meet legal health and safety requirements, no matter how many people those facilities house.

"Farmworkers labor under hard conditions for hours to feed all of us, yet they lack basic protections and rights afforded to just about every single employee in our state. The treatment of farmworkers is abhorrent and unacceptable," said New York State Senator Adriano Espaillat (D-Manhattan/Bronx), the legislation's lead sponsor, via email.

"It really is bewildering and shameful that in our country this exists, that we have a class of people that have no rights and are almost treated as workers would be in the 1800s or early 1900s," said Hispanic Federation president Jose Calderon.

To understand how this situation can exist in a state that is now the United States' third largest dairy producer - an industry now worth about $3 billion annually, thanks in part to the booming demand for Greek yogurt - and that ranks second nationally in apple production, and third in wine and grapes, one has to go back 77 years. When the Fair Labor Standards Act was passed in 1938, the country was in the depths of the Great Depression. To enable passage of certain New Deal reforms, compromises were struck. Among these were to exempt farm and domestic workers from some federal wage requirements. The National Labor Relations Act, passed in 1935, excluded agricultural workers from its protections, including the right to organize and bargain collectively. Yet another law - passed in 1947 - made it legal for employers not to pay employees for time traveling to and from distant job sites, as is often required of agricultural workers.

Many of the workers who bore the brunt of these policies when they were first enacted were African-American, explains Calderon. According to a recent US Department of Labor's National Agricultural Workers Survey, 78 percent of all US crop workers were born outside the US, nearly all in Mexico or Central America. The legacy of our national labor policies, says Worker Justice Center of New York legal rights advocate Carly Fox, is that "we have Jim Crow alive and well in New York state in 2015."

The New York Farm Bureau takes a different view of the situation, as does the Northeast Dairy Foods Association. The NY Farm Bureau says farms in New York pay an average agricultural wage rate of $12.15 per hour - NY Department of Labor statistics put the industry's annual entry level earnings at $17,110, which works out to substantially less. In a statement, the NYFB also says it is "supportive of employees taking a voluntary day-of-rest each week." And Northeast Dairy Foods Association executive vice president Bruce Krupke says his organization believes "employees are protected already."

Overtime "beyond an eight-hour day in a 40-hour work week, collective bargaining rights and other mandates in the proposed omnibus farm worker legislation are not reasonable work rules on a farm," the NY Farm Bureau's statement says. "Everyone who chooses to work in agriculture understands the hard work and time involved."

The proposed legislation "would simply be bad for business, bad for agriculture and ultimately bad for employees," the statement continues. Further, says Krupke, "We're not seeing mass protests. Not seeing farm workers walk off the farm. There's a big demand for farm workers. There's a shortage, so those who are working there must be being treated fairly. We think this would throw the whole thing into chaos."

Calderon disagrees. "This is not going to affect agricultural business in any significant way," he says, explaining that there are small farm exemptions in the legislation. "Almost every other employee in the state is protected, guaranteed a day off [and] overtime wage standards, but farm workers are cut out of all these benefits, including workers comp," says Jake Potent, Sen. Espaillat's director of communications.

And there's more than just pay at stake, says Fox. Agricultural labor issues, she explains, are strongly tied to immigration issues, given the background of New York's farmworkers. Many of these workers are afraid to speak up for their rights, she says. "The collective bargaining piece is the most fundamental," she says. "For me nothing else matters if they don't have ability to negotiate collectively and be protected on that."

So what are the prospects for passage of this legislation? It's been introduced for five years running now, garnering support in committees but ultimately blocked from coming to a vote. Part of the problem, says Calderon, "is that farmworkers have no political clout and are a very vulnerable population. They're out of sight, out of mind in terms of New York's power base."

The Senate bill has 28 cosponsors and is now with the Finance committee. "It needs 32 votes to pass," says Potent. Whether this will happen before the 2015 New York legislative session ends on June 17 remains unclear. Neither Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan (2nd Senate District) nor Governor Andrew Cuomo's offices responded to requests for their position on the bill by press time.

But the bill's supporters, which include New York State AFL-CIO, don't plan to give up their fight. "The struggle will not end and in fact it will intensify," says Calderon. "It's our number one priority statewide and will continue to bring our allies to the fore."

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3160 ... -treatment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

funny how when truely "big money" is threatened by its servants perchance to carry whips and lollygag around pretending their back in the day and minutes away from their hook up with that light skinned skullary girl whos moms sick and needing a dime...

all your "heritage and tradition" gets kicked to the curb faster than your wife and kids do ever time your baby needs a new engine part or set of tires

eh mr clippers former owners stirling???
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Dick Cheese you give up too easy, I threw ya a soft ball and you didn’t even swing.
Consider:
Intrinsic wrote:
Dick Cheese wrote:Once again, you saw what you wanted to see and did not read.

I said he is an ignorant person...............................................................................................go back up and read my unedited post.
I noted I did not git yer allusion the changing definition, (which is a nonsensical redefining) , go back and read the title in my previous post … nigger.

Do you often redefine words to suit yerself, to avoid understanding what you read.
I used nigger in the very context I was disparaging ya with. Ya Could’ve used that to drive yer point to the basket. A slam dunk.

(and don’t forget the mix sport metaphors)

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

the family explains it this way

they south isnt racist

"day juss got ah REAL nigga pra-bum"

FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Dick Cheese
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: chongo miqeuma mi nalgas

Post by Dick Cheese »

It seems like Uranus and Pluto, times change definitions.
Google has not updated this, but Merriam-Webster does not show this on their page any longer....
Nigger | Definition of nigger by Merriam-Webster

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nigger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merriam‑Webster

Define nigger: a black person—usage, synonyms, more. ... The original definition, is an uneducated person. not black people. Reply · Like. · 19 · April 26, 2011 at ...
It's really amazing how far the reach of media and politicians go.
Also....

Code: Select all

When did the "dictionary" remove the TRUE definition that follows:[edit]

A person of dull, ignorant, dim-witted and lazy in spirit who's activities are most noted by taking credit for other people's work. It is not exclusive of or determined by race. It is not an ethnic or racial slur in its true definition.
Do you not think that perhaps this definition was intentionally created as a deflection from the words original roots? Allowing supremacists to deny racism by saying, "It just means ignorant." This definition is fairly pervasive. I have even heard black people say it. I would say it was most likely created for this reason.It makes no difference who invented the incorrect definition. It’s not the meaning, so nobody is interested in it. It’s nonsense. —Stephen (Talk) 05:46, 7 March 2015 (UTC)Sounds like you made it up. It was never "removed". Equinox ◑ 01:13, 12 September 2014 (UTC)actualy its not made up when i was a kid thats what i read in a webster dictionary so yes it has been removed and we as representatives of the people want to know whyUnlikely. Find the exact dictionary and prove it. Equinox ◑ 17:49, 8 January 2015 (UTC)What comes to mind is... prove it. If you're so sure of yourself, it should be no trouble at all. Renard Migrant (talk) 17:52, 8 January 2015 (UTC)Funny because this is the EXACT Definition i was raised with, Nigger was defined as any person (PERSON) Showing ignorance or a lack of education. That was out of my Merriam Websters Dictionary, (removed moronic and irrelevant ranting) and yes, the original definition was removed... in the 2010 draft of the new revised edition, look at the unabridged version and you will find it Why don't you find it for us? —CodeCat 23:16, 4 February 2015 (UTC)You are correct^^^^^^ In my dictionary that I grew up using Merriam Websters Dictionary, it clearly was defined as "An ignorant person" this unsigned comment by User:32.209.76.148 21:25, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
from: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Talk:nigger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(using code tag to try and save original format (hope it works)).

If any of you has a pre 2000 dictionary laying about....take a look see for yourselves.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

HONEST "traditions and heritage" worth respect by good americans
shows it face today!!!

meet brie newsome
brie newsome.jpg
climbed the capital fasade and took THAT flag down

She was halfway up the 30-foot-pole when she was ordered to come down by State Capitol police. She obliged only after she removed the flag. While she stayed bravely on the pole she declared, “You come against me with hatred and oppression and violence. I come against you in the name of God. This flag comes down today.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-mt1P94cQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"i dont need to wait for the legislature or governor
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

they way the allowed her to eggress from the flagpoles enclosure was grossly negligent!

almost a freddie gray moment...

she should have slashed it a few times before handing it over to the "loving hands"
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

The reason I wore an American Flag sewn onto the back of my blue jean jacket in high school was to protest rules against wearing the American Flag proudly on the back of your coat too as winter comes.

The Rebel Flag was allowed not because everyone was racist. Its was nothing. It lost the war to free the slaves millions of white and black died shedding their blood for.

It was and is a sign of RED NECK REBELLION
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

buncha bull-shight mascaraiding as "I got yo all folks backs. Trust me."

Designed to divide

segregate

focus on

deligitmize

them

What is it called when you dig up a deligitimized flag and wave it as new piracy?

So excruse me the next time I see someone taking another crap at the end of my driveway right next to my mailbox. I'm gonna blow his ass away.

Least he could do is take his roll of toilet paper away with him and not strew it all over the landscape.

YOU SEE NOW WARRIORS!

YOU SEE NOW WHO YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH!

THE ORPHANS!
Attachments
you see now.jpg
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.