Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Big plants in little containers

Post by bentech »

speaking of big plants
its was reported that one of the members back then turned ff gallon drums into DWC
and grew to near 20'
each plant having a canopy i believe he would train out flat nearly a dozen feet across
and 3 thousand watt bulbs over it on one of those turning rigs

never posted pictures though
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Haze.jpg
The biggest plants I have grown in 8-litre (two gallon) pots have been up to 15oz, or just under 1lb, each of dried, trimmed bud. The Stinky Catpiss Haze above always yielded 12-15oz in the same pots, while nearly all other strains would regularly go over half a pound (8oz).

The big difference, of course, is I was growing in coco - not soil :wink:
Last edited by Prawn Connery on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

BTW, the formula I use for my grows is 1 litre (quart) per ounce. Some strains will almost double that, as in the example above.

Thinking out of the box for a moment, if I was going to enter a yoghurt container challenge, I would suspend the plant in the lid (like a DWC grow), and go aeroponic. With misters installed into the sides of the container, and a drain point (tight mesh) at the bottom, technically you could fill the entire container with aeroponically fed roots that would maximise yields. I'd then grow a Haze-type or other long-flowering variety to really max out the yields.

I guess it depends on what the rules of the grow are. But whatever they were, I'd bend those fuckers til they almost broke. The rules, that is - not the branches!
Licensed to Krill

jesus

Post by jesus »

Why you show a pic of maybe 3-4 oz plant and talk about 15oz?

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

I think the real question is: Why are you such a dumb fuck?

First plant in the original post was at five weeks.
CatpissHarvest1.jpg
Bag on the left is harvest from the plant in the second pic (bag on the right is from another plant). Note one bud = 15g dried on the scales. Because you clearly don't know what half an ounce of real bud looks like . . .
Catpiss1.jpg
Bag on left weighed 311g. That's about 11oz, not including the bag itself.

Note: I never said the above plants were 15oz, but they're the only photos I have left.
CutSS1.jpg
And for the hell of it, here's a half-pound Sensi Star in the same 8-litre pot.

Now let's see your plants.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

And just to rub it in - because I can - here's a close-up of my favourite Swiss Bliss clone. Shame you'll never get to smoke it. Luc's original clone mother died, so it will never be produced again. At least, not in it's original form. I sent Luc a couple hundred F2 seeds from three different mothers and two different fathers to see if it can be revived.
SwissClose.jpg
Licensed to Krill

jesus

Post by jesus »

Oh the swiss bliss f2 you were supposed to send me for donating to that one guy and never did?

Why did you say its the only pics you have left then post a bunch more?

Obviously I do know what 2 oz or whatever looks like since you just claimed that plant was still young and then posted up pics you claimed to not have anymore to prove what it weighed.

It was a simple question you could have just answered since I was obviously right about it.

Y so serious?

jesus

Post by jesus »

Karma I guess on losing it for never sending it?

jesus

Post by jesus »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Now let's see your plants.
My plants are up on the board here somewhere. Some of actually use the site instead of running around to every site on the internet posting the same old lame ass pics.

Dont worry all I'm doing is four 6 oz plants under a 1k in soil. All hail Prawn.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

I'll speak in simple terms so that even you understand: They're the only pix I have of my Stinky Catpiss Haze clearly showing the two-gallon pots. I don't have that haze clone any more. I don't grow anymore. And Luc losing his Swiss Bliss mother has nothing to do with you or me.

As for the seeds, I never promised you anything. You claimed Swiss Bliss was a C99 knock-off and trashed Luc's work. You then demanded I send you some Swiss Bliss seeds to prove it wasn't C99. I told you to fuck off. I'm still telling you to fuck off.

But I will give you one thing: you probably do know what two ounces looks like - because that would be the biggest plant you've ever grown ;)
Licensed to Krill