The place to ask for help is here.

The place to post your rallying cry for funding your defense.
Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Marabou Stork wrote:I am sure I saw more than two people publicly offering to help. Maybe OJ hasn't had a chance to update his thread on donations, but I hope maybe they are just waiting for their pension cheques to be deposited. That would be tonight, I believe, on the 30th of the month. :whistle:
What i have recieved so far has been posted. There should be some more donations in the mail that i havent recieved yet. As i recieve them they will be posted promptly.

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: Nightmares
Has bestowed Karma : 21 times
Received Karma : 34 times

Post by Maribou Stork »

I just checked out how the auction was going. Lots of activity over the past couple of days. :tup:
Maribou Stork

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

booboy wrote:here it is a week later and what have we done to help OJ...the seed auction is gonna help but not enough for a few hours of lawyer time...any thoughts fellas...

I've been pondering this since you posted it...short of posting on a craigslist sort of site, or on other marijuana sites, I can't think of anything more that can be done.

I'm still thinking, but I just don't know.

Take care, boo,
WHAB

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Well round 1 of the auction has been completed.

Round 2 is about to start!

PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

Oldjoints wrote:Well round 1 of the auction has been completed.

Round 2 is about to start!
1. IMHO, pg.net is one of the worst places to run a defense fund 'auction'. Might as well run it here, as after having a look over there @pg.net, it's all very, very disorganized.

2. Perhaps OJ can be given temp super mod powers to run this forum, and setup a few stickies, temp, which go off temp once the need is gone (ie. after an auction thread is finished). Smotty or smokes, not sure if they have the time to run such a forum, but someone needs to keep up on it.

3. Why isn't such an defense fund run from this site, rather than pg.net, where there seem to be even fewer members???

4. so what, you've got 10-20members who've donated, amounting to less than what the retainer the lawyer wants to represent OJ? And after that limited $3k amount is used up, as it could easily happen by the time the initial court appearance is scheduled (reason my opinion was it would be better to buy more time, but getting a continuance, even of just a few weeks...time is crucial/precious at this point).? If the need is for continuing funds, then you need to set up a bi-weekly or monthly charity drive, not necessarily in auction form only. It's like any other charity, post up some goals, need graphical representation.

5. Auction #2, is where on pg.net? I could not find it start/end dates-no idea what is up for auction either, the way that site is working.

6. Why does it need to have a quick end date?

7. Run it from *here*. Ask current members here, plenty of them are members in good standing over on TCC, even Guano/his other stealth handle; to PM other members over on TCC, link them here to this forum. What's the name of the 'elite' growers group over on TCC, I believe bigsur51 might be a member... Pacific Aire Growers Assoc...damn can't remember it now---be over a year since I visited that site, they pass on elite clones and other genetics. Maybe some of those members have something of higher value, they'd be willing to donate?

8. You need to get the word out to more people, bottom line.

9. Might be duplicating things, but even if you refuse to run the auction from here, you *should* make a duplicate list of what's up for auction, and post it *here*. Ya gotta spam a little (can't be any worse than JF's turbo posting :D, and unlike JF, it's only temporary ), that's marketing> ever seen PBS pledge drives on TV?

10. Put up a temporary full-size banner across the top of the index page, it's only temporary, but put in any deadlines/important dates...keep it in the minds of everyone, every time they visit the site...sheesh, no one here ever seen those super annoying 8sec/per ad; bright flashing LED billboards that are popping up all over Los Angeles, due to a stupid city council granting of absurd rights to big $$$ national billboard ad companies?
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

Smotty
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Cunt~

Post by Smotty »

As I stated before, there will be no sales or auctioning of seeds of any type for any reason on this server. While I understand OJ's situation is terrible, I am not willing to open smokes to the types of penalties associated with trafficking seeds.
American Woman & White Trash Dignitary

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 385 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Post by ben ttech »

lets toss minds out on his ass and see if things dont make better sense...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 385 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Post by ben ttech »

booboy wrote:here it is a week later and what have we done to help OJ...the seed auction is gonna help but not enough for a few hours of lawyer time...any thoughts fellas...

we gota whole slew of artists here...
would seem we could be auctioning much more than just seeds...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

you're onto something here ben... we don't need to auction seeds we've got many other opportunities..

stay tuned ... more excitement to come!
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

arb
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: 4/5's tarded
Has bestowed Karma : 119 times
Received Karma : 77 times

Post by arb »

I'll donate a custom forged knife for oj's auction.
Vaya con Dios HB