Bitcoin !! i dont get it !!

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

nothing is free

someone is the bank.

there is no real "dissappearance" of wealth. It's just transferred.

The 2 r's in transferred are deliberate.

*ok its 4 now.

**oops now its 16

*** multiplies

** hides bank account from prying eyes for obvious purposes

**** FBI and enquireing minds want to know .. try to decode
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

The true magician waves his hands and mesmerizes the audience out front on stage while talking and waving his hands and in back behind the building the treasury is being looted.

da dah

They be gone... good luck any one walking into dis' empty office.

mindless fool clown leaves office empty and distrewn... "my prediction"
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

bentech wrote:heres of interest,

an explaination of how terrible libetarian ideals forced into policy are
using bitcoin

i dont follow the tie-in
you?

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-r ... s-and-anti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, first we have Rand Paul, Worst he then quotes an economist. No meaningful info can be expected there. Witness:
Placing a ceiling on the value of gold is mining technology, and the prospect that if its price gets out of whack for long on the upside a great deal more of it will be created.
Oh give me a break! That tired old “we can always make more”. Implies gold is infinite. Better tech can always get more. Sheesh! :facepalm:

More important that is not what happened at all, they (everyone in the world) did not keep finding more gold to mine to compensate, they just abandoned the gold standard and are making more money out of nothing.

Wreakonimist are idiots, this one just demonstrated it again.

It near certainty Paul has no idea what he is talking about on any given subject. Bitcoins is just chic to him now and he want use it to sound as if he knows something, Damn good bet he knows nothing but sound bites.
Soooo… looking for a tie in may be futile, imho.

country boy

Post by country boy »

Last edited by country boy on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

noticed this happening over the last week

makes me wonder what could happen if we kiev'd the treasury
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

At time of this post: bitcoin = 519.9 usd
http://preev.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Password-lifting network converted to cryptocoin-thievery
By Richard Chirgwin, 25th February 2014

Another $US200,000-plus worth of Bitcoins has been lifted, according to Trustwave, which has identified a new Pony botnet targeting crypto-currencies.

News of the heist comes hard on the heels of Mt Gox withdrawing from the Bitcoin foundation and killing off its social media accounts.
“Not only did this Pony botnet steal credentials for approximately 700,000 accounts, it’s also more advanced and collected approximately $220,000 (all values in this post will be in U.S. dollars) worth, at time of writing, of virtual currencies such as BitCoin (BTC), LiteCoin (LTC), FeatherCoin (FTC) and 27 others,” write the company's Daniel Chechik and Anat Davidi.

They continue: “This instance of Pony compromised 85 wallets, a fairly low number compared to the number of compromised credentials. Despite the small number of wallets compromised, this is one of the larger caches of BitCoin wallets stolen from end-users.”
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/25 ... o_theives/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

" kiev'd the treasury" what does that mean?

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

molo.jpg
molo.jpg (307.38 KiB) Viewed 2615 times
good example for libetarians of what deregulating monetary policy will sire
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

dill786

Post by dill786 »

i guess bitcoin is a FIAT currency too....

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

'Prohibit dangerous currency from harming Americans'

Post by Intrinsic »

Bitcoin ban row latest: 'Unstable, loved by criminals' Yup, that's the US dollar – Colorado rep
By Shaun Nichols, 6 Mar 2014

Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colorado) said the American dollar bill, much like the Bitcoin cryptocurrency, was "unregulated and unstable," and had been used for illicit criminal activity.

Polis, a former web entrepreneur representing the tech-heavy Boulder area, issued an open letter Wednesday as a send-up of the letter filed last month by West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin, who asked US regulators to consider a ban on Bitcoin.

Today's letter, a deadpan parody of Democrat Manchin's proposal, suggests that like Bitcoin the dollar is a favored method of payment for criminals and can leave its users vulnerable to fraud and forgery.

"Dollar bills have gained notoriety in relation to illegal transactions; suitcases full of dollars used for illegal transactions were recently featured in popular movies such as American Hustle and Dallas Buyers Club, as well as the gangster classic, Scarface, among others," Polis wrote.

"The United States’ Dollar was present by the truck load in Saddam Hussein's compound, by the carload when Noriega was arrested for drug trafficking, and by the suitcase full in the Watergate case.

"The clear use of dollar bills for transacting in illegal goods, anonymous transactions, tax fraud, and services or speculative gambling make me wary of their use. Before the United States gets too far behind the curve on this important topic, I urge the regulators to work together, act quickly, and prohibit this dangerous currency from harming hard-working Americans."

The letter, of course, mocks Manchin's campaign against Bitcoin. Polis' comments reflect the sentiments of many Bitcoin backers, who have argued that the digital currency, properly managed, is no more dangerous or unstable than its fiat counterparts.

Last week, Manchin argued that the cryptocurrency constituted a danger to the public and as such should be reined in by the Federal Reserve and other institutions. A day after sending the letter he put forth the idea to Fed Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen, who poured cold water on the idea by pointing out that her office lacked the authority to impose any restrictions on Bitcoin