twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Is "pHing" rockwool cubes necessary ?

Post by twilson »

Thanks guys.

This is for hempy bucket and an awful lot of people are saying start your seeds or clones in rockwool but as sockx said it will give you problems so I was thinking about trying to start them some other way.

Maybe I'll go to our brand new hydro store and ask them what they suggest.

I still can't believe my town has a hydro store ( finally ).

They've only been open about a month.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

sockme

Is "pHing" rockwool cubes necessary ?

Post by sockme »

years ago the only hydro shop in Colo was in Denver and it was so damn scary to visit.....now they are everywhere.....I haveone literally 3 blocks from my house........

one thing that sucks is nutrient companies Ive used 20 years are cutting the ingredients to stretch for demand though.........Ive been suspicious for years but recently had the courage to try change my ratios based on my suspicion and I was right........both the micro nutes and bloom is weaker......I use GH nutes and castings kelp and Epsom salts in my hydro.......I barely use the salts for a supplement but they make a huge difference.....for years I used a 5/1 ratio bloom to micro and it kicked ass but the last couple seasons shits a lil weaker.......well I upped the ratio to 6/2 sorta in between my mix and Lucas' formula and bingo......that's the growth I remember from the 90s I swear though it almost takes all the organic additives and the bumped ratios to match what the original gh nutes did in the 90s.....sucks cuz they are some the better people these fly by night assholes are really cutting things down.......im startin seed for the season soon I might walk ya through the madness........id def try in your soil though brother....youll get her down pat bro keep trying...