Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Gypsy Nirvana: BUSTED in Philipinnes

Post by twilson »

SonOfPierrot wrote:I'd rather watch Bruno again than watch another large cannabis site go down, kinda like overgrow but not nearly as sad or sudden.
IC was nowhere near as fun as overgrow. God did I have fun on that site. The political forum was fairly wide open. Great debates and hilarious posts by guys that would keep you in stitches. All the freedom you would expect from a herb website populated by people who knew what kind of bad shit can happen when freedom is squashed.

Then when it went tits up I went right over to IC and it was like walking into jail. My very first post got stepped on and I got spanked by the mod.

They treated you like shit from the word go.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

With large-scale commercial farming being set up as we read this in WA and CO, some of the farmers won't be content to purchase their own working seed stock and will definitely be making their own seed to increase control over product quality and supply. We may even see cooperation in the form of associations between the smarter growers to open source the process as that way will more easily allow sufficient plant numbers to allow useful Mendelian selective pressure in a limited time frame.

Outdoor farmers in particular will need cultivars that thrive in their various locales. Eastern and Western CO or WA farmers will have very different requirements. These guys are definitely not going to be buying unstable polyhybrid seed in bulk from GN or any of the other of the old suppliers outside the legal supply chain. Those seeds are essentially useless for developing commercial cultivars. Even if they use sexed cuttings at first for the actual crop, the smarter ones will want full control over the process to assure consistency, quality and supply of genetics, and remember buying cuttings is a huge risk as a pest introduction vector the last thing a commercial farmer wants to worry about as I assume most of the outdoor production will due to demand be done to organic standards--no chemical ferts, pesticides or fungicides. Cannabis generally grows just fine outdoors organically. The indoor guys may have trouble making that standard. Seed starts don't carry the same risk of infecting a crop.

There will at some point soon have to be bulk seed available for farmers who want to grow from seed and quality and reliability will be what differentiates the successful from the unsuccessful in supplying that market. I expect outdoor grown well proven affie indica cultivars and F1s from those crossed with stable sativa parent stock to dominate the organic scene. Tropical sativas will probably have to wait until HI legalizes. Ten or twenty years down the road, look for recognized varietal standards similar to the French AOC and Italian DOC to be in place once the biz is sorted out, at which point one should be able to buy seed without having to select among the resulting plants, they will be as alike as any named cultivar bought at a nursery seed rack from a reliable seed company. Pheno hunting is what happens when the seed you buy comes from hacks or charlatans rather than pros or even knowledgeable amateurs. Nobody will want to buy the unstable "varieties" that make up the current grey market--those will quickly become extinct and forgotten. And bloody well should.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Roots wrote:I've only bought seeds one time and that was only because I was in Gypsys shop and wanted to be nice, I think I gave 99% of those seeds away....Nothing would be better for the plant in the long term if people stopped buying seeds
I thought that was where the Bubba Dutch SSH pheno came from?
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Jesús Malverde wrote:With large-scale commercial farming being set up as we read this in WA and CO, some of the farmers won't be content to purchase their own working seed stock and will definitely be making their own seed to increase control over product quality and supply. We may even see cooperation in the form of associations between the smarter growers to open source the process as that way will more easily allow sufficient plant numbers to allow useful Mendelian selective pressure in a limited time frame.

Outdoor farmers in particular will need cultivars that thrive in their various locales. Eastern and Western CO or WA farmers will have very different requirements. These guys are definitely not going to be buying unstable polyhybrid seed in bulk from GN or any of the other of the old suppliers outside the legal supply chain. Those seeds are essentially useless for developing commercial cultivars. Even if they use sexed cuttings at first for the actual crop, the smarter ones will want full control over the process to assure consistency, quality and supply of genetics, and remember buying cuttings is a huge risk as a pest introduction vector the last thing a commercial farmer wants to worry about as I assume most of the outdoor production will due to demand be done to organic standards--no chemical ferts, pesticides or fungicides. Cannabis generally grows just fine outdoors organically. The indoor guys may have trouble making that standard. Seed starts don't carry the same risk of infecting a crop.

There will at some point soon have to be bulk seed available for farmers who want to grow from seed and quality and reliability will be what differentiates the successful from the unsuccessful in supplying that market. I expect outdoor grown well proven affie indica cultivars and F1s from those crossed with stable sativa parent stock to dominate the organic scene. Tropical sativas will probably have to wait until HI legalizes. Ten or twenty years down the road, look for recognized varietal standards similar to the French AOC and Italian DOC to be in place once the biz is sorted out, at which point one should be able to buy seed without having to select among the resulting plants, they will be as alike as any named cultivar bought at a nursery seed rack from a reliable seed company. Pheno hunting is what happens when the seed you buy comes from hacks or charlatans rather than pros or even knowledgeable amateurs. Nobody will want to buy the unstable "varieties" that make up the current grey market--those will quickly become extinct and forgotten. And bloody well should.

Great post, but pollen chucking and sharing with your friends is still what makes gardening fun. The fuckers that sell that shit are what needs to stop, but if it works for getting you high and you can have fun and work with your friends there's a lot to be said for that.

Think of it as a micro brew vs. a home brew vs a mega brewed swill.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Roots

Post by Roots »

smokebreaks wrote:
Roots wrote:I've only bought seeds one time and that was only because I was in Gypsys shop and wanted to be nice, I think I gave 99% of those seeds away....Nothing would be better for the plant in the long term if people stopped buying seeds
I thought that was where the Bubba Dutch SSH pheno came from?

That came from Shantibaba in 98, I bought my seeds in 03.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Roots wrote:So it's funny when laws you don't believe in are used against a guy who let his ego and greed cloud his vision? If a Filipino lady boy beat the crap out of him and took all his money, that would be funny, this story, not so much.
I agree in sentiment. But truthfully, if you profit from it (pot, kettle, black) and owe much of your profit to the very laws that remove the competition, then you also know the score.

I don't believe anyone should have their liberty denied over a plant or seed, but realistically some of us still need to be prepared.
Licensed to Krill

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Unless he has turned his leaf knowing the Old Gypsy there's more involved than "trafficking marijuana seeds"
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Post by nobodyknew »

The main charge(s) will be money-laundering - and they have him on toast with that one.....
Apparently rezpuppers aka Mark Semple has lost his ferrari and everything else as well along with any respectability he once may have claimed
My money is on Mark for ratting on Gyppers
Good............ :bong4:
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

You can read pretty much the whole tawdry tale here: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/thr ... lla.57933/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It's pretty easy to tease out the truth from the BS.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

dill786

Post by dill786 »

thanks for the link jesus...

lots of pages to read.. some of the people on IC are migrating to TF. i hope we get some of them registering on PG as well.....