Fiddling With Filling My Filter

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Nice clean installation too I should add.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

Jesús Malverde wrote:How effective at odor control is a setup like this?
Very good indeed, at least in this case.

There's absolutely no detectable smell at the outlet end of the setup (which is my main aim), and the negative pressure in the tent doesn't allow any smell to escape into the room unless the flaps are open.

You can walk within a foot of the tent, and think nothing but "Hmmm, it's a bit warm in here".

No doubt a sniffer dog would find it in a flash, but someone on a casual walk around the house wouldn't smell a thing.

The only thing that gives it away a little is the fan noise. If you stand outside the growroom, you can hear "hotel room air conditioning" , but the noise at the outlet (thanks mostly to the acoustic ducting) is very quiet..

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

google glasses 7.0
you wont be allowed to take them off
and some doctors gonna glue them to your head before your old enought to say a word

gonna be much more than visual devices

growers with a banki account will be able to cut into the sensory perception of anyone walking with 500 feet of their place

think of it as an app
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

You Filter guys/gals are All alike. "(.)(.) oo oo look at my Filter."

Another Filter guy yells "OH YEAH? Well mines bigger than yours!"
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

done that a few times in my life ... it looks easy, but there are a few things to care of .. put more charcoal in, than place is available ... sounds un-logically, but as written above : fill it 10 - 20 cms , compress - repeat .. thats the hardest part compressing the coal, i did take a bucket to find out how many liters are originally in my filter - works better than weighing it
that said - it gets harder the bigger the filter is, i woudnt dare to change filters that are bigger than 1000m³/h (about 600 cfm) bc of the problems when compressing

but but .... if you are comfortable with it - go for it !

this is a thing, where you can save a buck or two - and you should save money - also it not a bad idea to get a friend over, whose nose isnt saturated with terpens and can detect the smell

oh what i didnt mentioned above, as far as i see this thread, new coal has been put it - i did take the chemists way, and burnt out the shit of the coal, put it in the oven on 270°C (the highest temperature you can achieve, if you got a pizza oven that can do 400°C, even better, go for it) - roast the coal until no smell is gasing out, took me about 4 hours (depending of course of the amount)
and one thing is "funny" in those 4 hours , the coal is giving off all molecules it trapped during the year(s) of use - no, it wont smell like weed or anything similiar, it will smell like the main chimney from dow jones chemicals, a totally chemical stink, very unfamiliar in everyday life - so beware of that and burn the coal with wide opened windows deep into the night, ppl will become suspicious about this stank, as ive said it already, its a totally unfamiliar scent, and therefore highly suspicious

theoretically you can re-use the coal infinite times - just theory and practice are 2 different things

try to find good coal, coal thats working also in high humidity areas, thats actually the main problem with filtering, the higher the humidity - the lower the absorption rate - the more stink - happening mostly during the night period, cts 70 or higher - thats what you want , ctc 70 is supposed to work efficiently to 85% humidity, just stay away from ctc 55
awoken the right way

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Sounds like a lot of trouble to me to grind up all that charcoal? Much less make it? Can we contract this out?

Or! If we just buy a lot of cheap coffee grinders? Then hire lots of "Guadamanian grinders."

I grew up around coal. Thats some nasty stuff to grind up. Dust masks boys and girls.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

no need to grind up anything - it comes already pre-formed as pellets ! imagine that ... WOW ! in sacks of 10 / 20 / 25 / 50 / 100 etc kgs !
awoken the right way

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

how often do you have to refill?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Post by Intrinsic »

I've used mine for 8 grows, since i don't use it until into flower when the smell is noticeable, for each grow about 600 hours per year. There wasn't a problem on my last attic grow.
Wow, I’d hadn't realized till now just how well it was holding up. Purty cool. :gadday: