VWs, Bonnevilles & Lamps.. what's the connection?

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Don't forget CPU heatsinks. Only real tools cool their chipsets with liquid coolants. Air cooled = simplicity and reliability.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by twilson »

Jesús Malverde wrote:Don't forget CPU heatsinks. Only real tools cool their chipsets with liquid coolants. Air cooled = simplicity and reliability.
THE fan on my Northbridge crapped out 2 years ago on my ancient AMD motherboard.

It's been running just as good as it ever did with no fan at all.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

country boy

Post by country boy »

Last edited by country boy on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

country boy wrote:Have you changed a carbon filter before, bloke?
It can be dusty...I too would enjoy pix of the process. :mrgreen:
No, I haven't, but the carbon I've ordered is "specially de-dusted" so I'm hoping it won't be as bad as it could be. :whistle:

I've got my overalls ready, and I'm hoping that an orbital sander clamped on a bench will be enough to do the shaking required to get it to settle nicely. :)

It's a cheapish filter, but it's run for at least three years so far, and I'm only changing the carbon now because I'm about to go into flower, and I'm worried that it'll start letting smell through before I'm finished...
I still haven't found a replacement sleeve for it, but I can wash the old one and make it last for a week or two until I do.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

had issues with compression, usin tools available at home, and i mean i slammed that damn thing really hard lots of times at the ground ...

didnt work out for me that well, ended up buyin a new one

good luck
awoken the right way

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

deran wrote:had issues with compression, usin tools available at home, and i mean i slammed that damn thing really hard lots of times at the ground ...
Were you using pelleted or granulated carbon?

I'm expecting pelleted won't be too bad, but we'll see. :)

Weather looks good tomorrow, so all other things being equal, I should have a crack at it.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

it were the same pellets, which were before in ;)

wanted to try out the burn out method, baking coal at 200 - 250 C .... in the kitchen ....

never ever do that at home, without a 2nd filter ... lol ... everything, that got trapped within 2 years in the coal, got freed within 4 hours ... it didnt smell like weed, or any other familiar smell, pure chemistry, worse than an underground drug lab ... yuk ...

anyways, i had to put the same amount of coal back in, and it didnt work out, no matter how hard i tried to compress it, there was always this 2 handful of coal wich didnt fit it, also this was the lenghty version of filters, about a meter long, it should be easier with the chunky short ones

i could imagine, that not having the before / after amount of coal could lead to the false impression that enough coal went in

atm im not at home, if needed i could up some pics, documenting the hole procedure :)
awoken the right way

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

deran wrote:wanted to try out the burn out method, baking coal at 200 - 250 C .... in the kitchen ....never ever do that at home, without a 2nd filter
No, I'd heard it can be smelly, and I didn't want to risk a stinky kitchen and oven. :)
After reading how it's reactivated "properly" with v. high temps and a CO2 atmosphere, I didn't think it would do a proper job anyway. :p
atm im not at home, if needed i could up some pics, documenting the hole procedure :)
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I know how I'm going to tackle it, and I'll be taking pix myself. ;)

country boy

Post by country boy »