Start To Finish = Seeds To Smoke

Growing in electric sunshine
BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by BAMF »

I havent read much of the thread,,, (more of a picture guy) but from the looks of it, ya may have problems sooner than ya think. Those roots growing from the bottom of yer sponges there... See how they are already turning brown? Thats a bad sign, Sir... Next thing ya know your stems will be rotten...

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Post by BAMF »

Sir Forgot-A-Lot wrote:This is a picture of the 20 of them after 1 week.
Ya may wanna peel them sponges off yer babies and try to save them now... If not, I predickt lots of rotten stems heading your way...... Again, just trying to help... PM me for further details :bong4:

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Post by BAMF »

Sir Forgot-A-Lot wrote: "stripper" program .
Stripper programs can be very exciting as well, but first lets save yer babies :mrgreen:

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

looks like you're making something that's easy, rather complicated........sorry to say... :smoke:

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

Sir Forgot-A-Lot wrote: I have a green thumb.
what a deluded idiot........ :facepalm:

:puffpass:
Last edited by FAGjack on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 523 times
Received Karma : 1016 times

Post by Munchy »

BAMF wrote:Ya may wanna peel them sponges off yer babies and try to save them now... If not, I predickt lots of rotten stems heading your way...... Again, just trying to help... PM me for further details :bong4:
please explain here how rockwool can be "peeled" off of a seedling without tearing it's roots out and killing it. that sounds totally insane to me.

i've rarely used rockwool, but i agree with countryboy... i thought it was designed for ebb & flow type systems, so it's not always wet or dry. i don't operate one of those systems myself. but i have used a wire rack as you are, to keep them just above the water line, allowing the roots to dangle through a bit of air before reaching the water. it looks to me as if your water level may be running a bit too high. but to keep the cubes from drying out, i would add water directly over them, maybe twice a day, but i doubt if i would let the water level rise to the point where they're sitting right in it & staying soaked constantly.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

Curious: they stopped making hydrocorn...
thats hard for me to believe ... europe is full of it

http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp? ... drokorrels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

either with k or c spelled, you should be able to score some

edit: hydroton gives even more results, or try clay pebbles or or or .. so many names for this product lol
awoken the right way

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

i thought it was designed for ebb & flow type systems
afaik 1st it was used with drip systems, and its still used by dutch tomato farmers, who btw drip non stop, without "air-break" cycles, because it can hold air tho totally saturated
A rockwool variant has been specially developed for horticulture which can actually absorb and retain large quantities of water. This rockwool has considerable capillary capacity, in other words, rockwool can retain large volumes of water. This type of rockwool can retain up to 80% water and still contain 15% air. The remaining 5% is the rockwool itself.
^^ from here : http://other.canna.com/inert_substrates_general_info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also intresting links:

http://other.canna.com/using_run-to-was ... substrates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

http://other.canna.com/aqua_substrate_n ... _additives" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
awoken the right way

country boy

Post by country boy »

Last edited by country boy on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Post by BAMF »

Munchy wrote:
BAMF wrote:Ya may wanna peel them sponges off yer babies and try to save them now... If not, I predickt lots of rotten stems heading your way...... Again, just trying to help... PM me for further details :bong4:
please explain here how rockwool can be "peeled" off of a seedling without tearing it's roots out and killing it. that sounds totally insane to me.

Insane is not realizing how to peel off the outside of the rockwool :stinkeye:

There is no roots growing out the sides yet and chances are the root groth has been stunted so bad there is not much going on inside the sponge to begin with... Chances are, start by peeling back 1/4 of an inch from all four sides cause there is no roots growing out that far at this point... next take a sharp razor blade and slice nice and gentle like across the top all the way around the square then peel that layer away... (I cant believe I really have to explain this its so damn easy to do even thanksman had to do it ONCE many years ago and was successfull with the process)

ok, now that the most of the sponge "should" be pealed away we MAY be getting to a root or two... but I doubt it... :facepalm:

Now we will want to genbtly peel thin layers off the sides untill we have removed at least 80% of that horrible plant rotting material...

Make sure ya have yer net pots ready and for cripes sake when ya run the feed lines up.... Wait,,, what kind of system are we going to be running here?

are we doing a DWC system here? Please say yes... :smooch: