FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Start To Finish = Seeds To Smoke

Post by FAGjack »

BAMF wrote:Hi therte sir, nice to meat you.

put it away.......before admin sees it :facepalm:

Librarian314
needs karma
Custom Title: 2New2knowIcanChangethis

Post by Librarian314 »

I have the following chemicals left over from last time:

SM-90. It says "root system and foliar spray" on it.
Superthrive. I remember this was very expensive, and for some reason we never ended up using it.
Spray N Grow. Contains Ironn and Zinc, and some other things.

General Hydroponics Flora Nova. Two different types of bottles: grow and bloom.

16 plants are doing fine. 2 plants are struggling to keep up, but just a couple days behind. One plant just had its root pop out in the last 20 hours. And the last remaining seed doesn't look dead. Something has changed to it, but I don't see any root coming out of it.

The 16 plants all have roots that are at least an inch long. The purple on some of the stems has gone from light to dark, so I thought I should get some nutes in there tonight, before I get to the store and sort these things out.

So I took a teaspoon of the GH FN Grow and diluted it into the water that the roots are reaching down into. The water did change color, but only barely. I made sure I didn't drop in any undissolved salts.

I don't have a working PH or EC meter. I figure that can wait a day until i get one after shopping tomorrow.

Here is a question: Do they still sell GH FLora Nova? Or is there something better on the market now? Last time I did this, I remember buying the best of everything, so I'm sure this was the best back then, but I wonder if anything has improved in the last several years.

I forgot the password to my Sir Forget A Lot account. So I made up this name. It was while I was at the library, which may surprise you.

Sincerely,

S.F.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

I seriously hope you aren't posting from a library computer, as they are monitored very closely.

btw, the deal with Superthrive, is that you should only use about 2 DROPS per gallon, during veg mode, but many growers have made the mistake of using too much, which causes problems. The first sign of overdose is when your leafs start twisting like pinwheels.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

Munchy wrote:I seriously hope you aren't posting from a library computer, as they are monitored very closely.
:cantlook:

Librarian314
needs karma
Custom Title: 2New2knowIcanChangethis

Post by Librarian314 »

I'm not near veg mode yet, so I'll hold off on the Superthrive. Thanks for the clue.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smallest & most effective software for erasing exifs
awoken the right way

Sir Forgot-A-Lot
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: UCP>ActStgs>EdtProf

Post by Sir Forgot-A-Lot »

My local library is run by a bunch of leftist anarchists. They take great pride in making sure that surfing is not monitored and that what books people are reading is completely untraceable. :)

I will take some pics and post them shortly. I added Hydrogen Peroxide to the water this morning. I found a big bottle of it with the other chemicals and it took me a while to realize what it was for.

The second set of normal plant leaves are starting to come out on over half of them. Even with the fluoros just an inch or so away, the leaves have all turned towards them for maximum light. I'm going to go dig out the bulbs and equipment for the 400 and 600 and make sure they are working and ready.

Half of the plants have roots that are longer than the plants at this point. I think I might be able to go straight from just the rockwool to the 6" pot with Hydroton, which would be a nice, labor saving step.

Sir Forgot-A-Lot
some karma
some karma

This is a picture of the 20 of them after 1 week.
Attachments
1 group.JPG

Sir Forgot-A-Lot
some karma
some karma

2 stems.JPG
Here you can see the stems more clearly, and how purple some of them are.

Sir Forgot-A-Lot
some karma
some karma

These are the strugglers. One of them is just short. One of them is just coming up. The third (behind) had nothing visible until later I looked in and saw a root starting!
Attachments
3 struglers.JPG