CO2 Extraction

Home of the hash & oil extraction faction.
bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

CO2 Extraction

Post by bentech »

When butane is dropped below freezing, the container holding it can be opened and the liquid can be viewed inside. Much less volatile than people think.
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

CO2 Extraction

Post by bentech »

Both are non toxic gases but one is much easier to deal with than the other. Both evaporate more cleanly. One is non flammable but to be effective requires a mixture of flammable solvent most of the time. Butane is less flammable than the propane most people use when cooking over an open flame or the gas you use to cook on in your home. When butane is dropped below freezing, the container holding it can be opened and the liquid can be viewed inside. Much less volatile than people think. Volatility meaning rate of evaporation. Butane is extremely non-reactive which accounts for a more pure tasting product when dealing with consumables. CO2 can be somewhat reactive and can alter the taste to some degree which implies some reaction and additional compounds may be present. This could be due to the high pressures involved and are unavoidable but it is more likely due to the make-up of the carbon and oxygen atoms in the CO2 molecule and the way they react to other molecules in the plant extractions or plant matter.
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

CO2 Extraction

Post by Butcher Bob »

bentech wrote:Butane is less flammable than the propane...
Most butane has a sizable percentage of propane in it.
Butane is extremely non-reactive which accounts for a more pure tasting product when dealing with consumables. CO2 can be somewhat reactive and can alter the taste to some degree which implies some reaction and additional compounds may be present. This could be due to the high pressures involved and are unavoidable but it is more likely due to the make-up of the carbon and oxygen atoms in the CO2 molecule and the way they react to other molecules in the plant extractions or plant matter.
Polar vs Non-polar solvents.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

CO2 Extraction

Post by bentech »

Butane
The term may refer to either of two structural isomers, n-butane or isobutane (or "methylpropane"), or to a mixture of these isomers. In the IUPAC nomenclature, however, "butane" It is used as a petrol component, as a feedstock for the production of base petrochemicals in steam cracking, as fuel for cigarette lighters and as a propellant in aerosol sprays such as deodorants. refers only to the n-butane isomer (which is the isomer with the unbranched structure).

Normal butane is mainly used for gasoline blending, as a fuel gas, either alone or in a mixture with propane, and as a feedstock for the manufacture of ethylene and butadiene, a key ingredient of synthetic rubber. Isobutane is primarily used by refineries to enhance the octane content of motor gasoline

When blended with propane and other hydrocarbons, it is referred to commercially as LPG, for liquified petroleum gas.

It is used as a petrol component, as a feedstock for the production of base petrochemicals in steam cracking, as fuel for cigarette lighters and as a propellant in aerosol sprays such as deodorants.

Very pure forms of butane, especially isobutane, can be used as refrigerants and have largely replaced the ozone layer-depleting halomethanes, for instance in household refrigerators and freezers.

wiki
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

sockme

CO2 Extraction

Post by sockme »

solventless hash in denver clubs has gotta be the best on earth right now.......its like the best bho shattesuper pure n clean.....dont know how they are making it mut its not just clean bubble or anything this shits amber amber like bho.....had some co2 extract its ok but kinda harsh smokin....how about hexane honey oil? not too bad! its stick as heck but ya fridge it when that happens too...I love hash but always just make froze dry sift with my lab sieve....butane n shit makes me feel like I'm making speed or something n I hate hiding shit from everyone......fuck that

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Received Karma : 1 time

CO2 Extraction

Post by BAMF »

this would be a whole lot easier to understand with pictures

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

CO2 Extraction

Post by Butcher Bob »

bentech wrote:Butane
The term may refer to either of two structural isomers, n-butane or isobutane (or "methylpropane"), or to a mixture of these isomers.
Try lookin at the MSDS fer any butane folks use fer sprayin...gonna have propane in it. :winky:
BAMF wrote:this would be a whole lot easier to understand with pictures
Folks seem hesitant to post 'em. :dunno:
Partly cuz they're a lil secretive....partly cuz they don't want some dumbass mimicking them in their shed...and partly cuz they don't want the machine to identify them, evidently they ain't real common.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

CO2 Extraction

Post by Dick Fein »

We are definitely getting some great info in this thread.
Thanks everyone.

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CO2 Extraction

Post by Sun »

The best info was by Butcher Bob, you always need to know how polar the solvent is.

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

CO2 Extraction

Post by Butcher Bob »

Not my info....I jus knew where to find it. I have very little understanding of it, but I kin tell when someone else does. :smoke: