"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Hacks
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

It all starts from a seed

Post by Hacks »

I started growing starts for outdoor planting under always on lights thinking it probably wouldn't work very well but too cheap/lazy to buy a timer and curious. It worked fine. I couldn't tell the diff between the results for always on vs. 18/6. If anything, the always on plants grew a little faster.
The next Freddie Flintoff.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Hmmm, I’m not running 24/0, Actually 17/7. Cause I’m also a cheapskate.

I only dabbled in the 24/0 thing a couple of little times. But distinctly notice the largest growth spurts (upwards and leaf size) in their mourning, not at nighty nighty. But then I’m might be prejudiced from knowing the different physiologies in a plant between light and dark, production and growth.

Well I leave the lights on the first few of days of germination til their all poking up, also adds to the to warmth needed for happy germing.

Earl
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: 3/5th Old White Man
Received Karma : 2 times

Post by Earl »

Question: There's 1 or 2 in the far back that have yellowing--is that OK? I've had many do that and I worry about them but I never know what to do. Are you feeding full strength yet? When you see yellowing on a young plant, do you add feed or what?
My name is Earl.

Hey, Crabman!

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Yellowing, what are ya talking about? So I went up in the attic to take a look and sure enough, all the ones in the back all have some yellowing on the lower leafs. Huh? Dunno if its the back location, there is slightly less light, or cause the tallest ones and/or male suspects go in the back. Or just the way it is.

Have been feeding 1tbls/gallon of fish fertz + epsom salts. But only few times so far. Well they needed water anyway so I feed ‘em, a little stronger. Thanks earl, I raise my coffee mug to yer keen eyes.

I’m not too worried <knock on wood>, it says to me the plants are rooting well, wants to grow so is drawing resources from the older leafs.
Week55A.JPG
Week 5.5
Week55.JPG
Week55.JPG (104.45 KiB) Viewed 2260 times

Earl
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: 3/5th Old White Man
Received Karma : 2 times

Post by Earl »

They all look very healthy and happy. Can you tell us about your room--lights used, area size, temps? Doing very well whatever you're doing! :rockon:
My name is Earl.

Hey, Crabman!

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Let's see ... gotta find some old pics ... here we go.

The Room:
Is built into a small attic, About 4’ x 4’ under the lights with only 30” (with the lights) of growing height. There is an oil-filled heater, a carbon filter + fan and a small 9v oscillating fan.
I burned out two 5v power supplies (from the old Zip drives) for the fan, So now it pulls 9v (faster and louder) but closer to the 12v the fan is designed to pull.

Lights: Fourteen 4’ T8 shop lights: ~256W in veg, 448W in flower.
Arranged in two banks of 8 and 6 lamps, ‘cause the room is in an attic and every two feet is a rafter.

Temps: Run from 40F at night during the freezes to 100F on rare sunny warm (+70F) days. But normally I’d say from 40F to 80F. I have little control over it, I can just keep it from freezing up there.

Soil: Is Foxfarm organic planting mix, I add dolomite.
Use to use Kellogg’s organic planting mix with more perlite added, but the foxfarm has plenty already, very canna friendly stuff. But whatever the local Feed n Seed is carrying

Fertz:
So far just 5-1-1 fish emulsion. And epsom salt for Mg when they started branching.
Don’t know yet what I’ll use for later in flowering. Last year I’d used this 4-3-3 from AGgrand. I know a lot of nitrogen, but its what I got, and it didn’t seem to be detrimental to the plant or smoke. I’ll havta to see what’s at the Feed n Seed this year.

Older pics showing the lights, big fan, panasonic whisperline, and filter.
Room04.JPG
Room03.JPG
A couple of pics shot earlier this grow.
Looking to the left again, looking to the right with the little fan suspended and the heater.
Nov04Room2.JPG
Nov04Room1.JPG
Hope that rambling answer some of the questions :)

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Week 06. Still been lazy to do much tying/training. Its just too crowded in there and I'm loath to cull any till sexed. Have noticing some alternating branching, when I have the gumption I’ll change the light timer to 12/12. Time to start looking for the infamous preflowers.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

i took the job of training 50 plants last year...
and a day later thought
jesus fuck!
ive sure made alot of work for whoevers gonna see these to finish...

anyone ever had much luck simple bending the top over and down as far as it will?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com