water temps

For the hydro-heads
Mud Boy

water temps

Post by Mud Boy »

I shoot for low 60's for the nutes and low 80's for canopy temps. Here's how I do it. :toker1:
getting ready 004 (1280x960).jpg

JIZZY
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: 2Baked2Care

water temps

Post by JIZZY »

I work naked if the rooms warm so is the water and if I am happy so is the plant. ;)

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

water temps

Post by Intrinsic »

Being reasonable ignorant of hydro I’m curious what we’re looking at in yer pic Mud Boy.

The middle bucket looks like a cooling coil, but the end bucket looks like muddy water and the box looks like it is filled with pomegranate jelly. :mrgreen:

How do you keep the canopy at the 80’s temp, with an air heater? I use oil-filled radiator style heater in my room to raise the air temps.

JIZZY
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: 2Baked2Care

water temps

Post by JIZZY »

I often get a nice man to pop round and calibrate my truncheon though.......

Mud Boy

water temps

Post by Mud Boy »

What you're looking at is a recirculating system for my waterfarms. Here's the setup.
recirculator.jpg
The rez is 5" off the floor, the waterfarms are 3 1/2" off the floor and the bucket with the pump is flat on the floor, creating gravity flow. I also changed the 1/2" lines to 3/4". I pump the solution from the bucket to the rez at one gallon per minute and the rez drains at about the same rate, so it's a balanced system.
getting ready 019.JPG
I run that for 20 minutes every 4 hours. I added the cooling coil recently and with that I can either cool with ice, frozen water bottles etc., or I can heat using an aquarium heater. Plus, the rez is outside the tent, making it easier to control temps. The red color is from the nutes.

As for canopy temps, the lights provide the heat, I just bought a fan speed controller and use different fan speeds to control temps.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

water temps

Post by rSin »

Muddy was here a bit several months ago
Where did he go now?
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

water temps

Post by Dick Fein »

Where are they now? How has Japan Freak held up, considering his fondness for crystal meth?