Sanjay Gupta comes around

The place to post all you know about the latest development in medical scene.
Mud Boy

Post by Mud Boy »

Last edited by Mud Boy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by twilson »

Jesús Malverde wrote:The powerful by and large don't really give two shits one way another about cannabis laws, just as they don't about gay marriage. Sure they've been useful to persecute specific demographics and divide the working classes, like racism and homophobia have, but at the end of the day, CCA aside, it doesn't appreciably affect their income streams one way or the other. It is still a political problem though as it may affect the electability of their stooges in elected office-- either by embarrassing them after being ordered to spout anti-scientific nonsense so long their credibility is inextricably tied to the nonsense, or past the tipping point we balance on where continuing down the prohibitionist path becomes a political liability for the political class and one wing of the uniparty, given the OK by the money shovelers, eventually flips on the issue.

You have to feed the serf classes something and legalized pot and gay marriage are good ones to cave on--albeit as slowly and grudgingly as humanly possible since the next ask may not be so painless--because they don't threaten the income streams of Wall St., military contractors, big energy, big pharma and the rest of the aristocracy's cash cows.
This really is a important point. Hedges has talked about the way the phony Dems have used some of these bullshit issues to abandon the working class while still looking like they are watching out for the little guy. Keep your eye on the ball.

The last issue the forces of darkness are going to give up on is a fair distribution of wealth.

The class war is the main issue in life. The oligarchs will let people marry animals and pass out drugs for free before they will agree to a significant redistribution of wealth
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

Mud Boy

Post by Mud Boy »

Last edited by Mud Boy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by twilson »

Mud Boy wrote:WTF does that ^^^ have to do with a doctor endorsing medical marijuana? :crazy:
Oh i see the thread police are here.

Is this going on my permanent record officer ?

I'm not saying Sanjays about face isn't good news.

I'm simply trying to point out the hierarchy of issue importance.
Last edited by twilson on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

These things don't happen in a vacuum. There is a cultural context in play, and that context has real political implications. The Federal government's--and the mainstream media's-- level of tolerance towards MMJ and recreational cannabis in states is very much affected by these cultural and political considerations. The fact that the oligarchical class doesn't really have a dog in that fight should help us get rational reform done. Any reforms have to pass the gatekeepers that control the government before they can happen.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

twilson wrote:
Mud Boy wrote:WTF does that ^^^ have to do with a doctor endorsing medical marijuana? :crazy:
Oh i see the thread police are here.

Is this going on my permanent record officer ?

I'm not saying Sanjays about face isn't good news.

I'm simply trying to point out the hierarchy of issue importance.
No need to be pissy dude. The connection between oligarchy and cannabis reform isn't an obvious one.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Mud Boy

Post by Mud Boy »

Last edited by Mud Boy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roots

Post by Roots »

...and eat a nut sack.

Roots

Post by Roots »

AKA:....a scrotum

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Mud Boy wrote:This is a medical marijuana forum. I know you two like to see conspiracies in every move the government makes, and I also know that you two also like to show off your educations in front of the 'stupid' people, but I'd appreciate it if you guys would please confine your political discussions to the Politics forum.

And Twilson, I would advise you to grow a thicker skin if you're going to continue posting here. Thank you.
MMJ is as politically charged an issue as could be imagined. It would be exceedingly difficult to have any sort of serious discussion about MMJ without it straying into political territory.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow