LEAP Seeks Drug Legalization In Oklahoma

Know of anything interesting to share with your fellow cannabis crusaders?
WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Group seeks drug legalization in Oklahoma
‘END TO PROHIBITION’ WOULD LEAD TO MORE PROBLEMS IN THE STATE, OPPONENTS SAY

BY Brian Kimball
Published: June 15, 2009

LeapBillboard2 06162009.jpg
A group of current and retired law enforcement and legal personnel claim they have the answer to ending the war on drugs.

"We’re all calling for an end to drug prohibition. We want to end it just like we ended alcohol prohibition in 1933,” said Jack Cole, executive director for Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, or LEAP.

"The day after we ended that nasty law, Al Capone and all of his smuggling buddies were out of business,” he said.

LEAP boasts roughly 13,000 members, among them 102 in Oklahoma; only 11 of the state’s members have law enforcement experience. LEAP put up a billboard at 7800 N Broadway that reads: "Drug Abuse is Bad. The Drug War is Worse.” Cole said the reason for this ad campaign is to open the public’s eyes to the true cost of the war on drugs.

However, LEAP represents a minority of the nation’s law enforcement. Mark Woodward, spokesman for the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, said legalizing and regulating drugs would cause more problems than it would solve.

"It’s frightening and reckless that a group of law enforcement officers would endorse something like that. ... Look at what happened when we legalized alcohol and prescription drugs,” Woodward said. "Now they’re the two most abused substances globally.”

According to the Office of National Drug Control Policy, President Barack Obama called for $14.1 billion to support the war on drugs for the 2009 fiscal year.

Cole, who was an undercover narcotics officer in New Jersey for 14 years, said the drug war has been going on since the early 1970s and the point was to clean up the streets, but the opposite is happening.

"The point is the government now has absolutely no control over the drugs that are used in this country,” said Wes Johnson, a Tulsa defense attorney, former narcotics officer and member of LEAP.

Johnson said if drugs were legalized, the government would be able to control the quality, quantity, production, price and distribution — much like alcohol and tobacco — and make money off of it, but "right now, the criminals control all of that.” All the current system is doing is driving up the cost of the drugs, Johnson added.

People on both sides acknowledge there’s a long way to go before legislation to change the law would come to fruition.

"I think our legislation has a great appreciation for the destruction drugs have created in the state of Oklahoma and in the families and the community they represent,” Woodward said. "I don’t see legislators supporting something that could possibly lead to more of this type of destruction.”[/size]

http://newsok.com/group-seeks-drug-lega ... tory_title

Thank you LEAP and best of luck!!!

OK is OK with me :mutley:

:wave:,
WHAB

weedy
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: SYLB

Post by weedy »

i hope so!!! me and the wife were just talking about moving to OK.!!!!! of course we all know that wont happen thought!!
DONT HIDE, IT DIVIDE IT

It Is A RED and GOLD world

RIP HELLBOY 3-28-10 GBNF

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

weedy wrote:i hope so!!! me and the wife were just talking about moving to OK.!!!!! of course we all know that wont happen thought!!

Your moving or it passing? :winky:

Good to see ya, weedy, hope you're well!

Take care man,
WHAB

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Yeah I went through that . Yes voluntarily did it the hard way. Studied the program.

Should I >> Gerardo report my findings?"

Its been long enough its still so painful

they dig at your mind. your mind your mind

probing with little needlings and testing for responses

prick here prick you there .. aha.. ahoaOO i'm only doing this to help yOU! Plus the state is paying me per subject but I'm objective to that.

Yes I fucking subjected my self to state torture. As the investigative reporter and investigator that I am. and yes I will never be the same.

I now randomly have hallucinations. from the drivel.

this is a torture program designed by people who are insane.

designed to try to brainwash you into thinking the same way they do

ok kids sit and stare at the wall your in detention for 6 weeks..... quiet no talking. and gum chewing either. no reading .. stare at the wall.

ok #1 drugs are bad

#2 drugs kill

#3 drugs are bad

#4 stupid people do drugs

#5 Marijuana is addictive

#6 drugs are bad

#7 Marijuana is bad and addictive

take your urine test now

I purposefully didn't dilute my urine.

went in with all baLLS EXPOSED.

FAILED

Foolish me.

April fool just testing

So I had to start all over plus do an additional group counseling. for the Marijuana .62 they found in my pee pee. 3 days later .

start all over again go through all the same brainwashing I'd been through before plus sit in a circle of table and talk to other stoners and assorted lovely people. I learned to love everyone of them guys and girls.

Yes the experience was worth it. Doing it the hard way. Matters.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

They expanded their State conglomerate to what used to be a Hotel chain.. Expand this .. you psychos

"LOLl we got more rooms now to care for you!

"We definitely need more commitments!"

"Reserve your space now!"

"Sorry, No refunds once we make your reservation your attendence is required."

"We have to test you to be sure your not a drug addict or something."

"How often do you beat your kids regularly?"

A. on football days only

B. when my bitch don't cook my food just right and the crackers are stale!

C. Never! No one beats up anyone around my house but me.

D. GET THAT FUCKING CAMERA OUTTA HERE FORE I KICK SOME OF YOUR ASS

E. GET OUT ! YOU CANT FUCKING FUCK WITH MY FAMILY LIKE THIS AND GET AWAY WITH IT. i ONLY HIT MY WIFE I MEAN KIDS WHEN THEY NEED IT.

Do your now or have you ever had the desire to keep your beautiful blonde haired neighbor as a sex slave in your basement?

!. Yes... every day

2. No thats disgusting but i like her shetland p0ney!

3. uh .. i don't have a blonde neighbor shes a whore and charges me way to much like $10 for a blow job

4. Fuck you bitches...
(warning/hint: this answer will get you locked up and or gets you lots of good drugs to! USE CAUTIOUSLY!"
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.