So, what is Gad up to?

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by bentech »

rubs you
dont it?

the men with enough coin in their pockett
to rub together

sure get it up their snuff

they get the idea that
just because the afford these spaces
they own them

spaces which in all honesty are public commons

agreed
we thank you for standing in place where
civil society was late it taking up its reponsibility

but your go run with that

as youve seemingly always

your heels need clipping

and at this point
id clip em short
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by Prawn Connery »

Prawn Connery wrote:. . . but it's not me you owe the truth to. It's everyone who's still here.
I don't care whether it's my business or not: our contribution to PG was a fraction of everyone else's combined.

Without members, there was no PG.

You still haven't figured that out, have you? It's still all about you and your largesse. I'm not taking anything away from you, Gad - no-one is - but all that bullshit about the server being stolen? All that false hope? You could have locked me out of PG in a heartbeat if you were that unhappy with my performance. That is, if it really was all about me - which it wasn't.

You might be surprised what my take is on the result of that recent email. That doesn't change the fact you owe people here an explanation. I'll even cover my ears and go "La! La! La!" if you don't want me to hear it. But at least give it to those who deserve it. It was their work, after all.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by Prawn Connery »

BTW, I have zero interest in owning, adminning or otherwise PG if you were to ever give it back to the community. I have other interests and hardly ever post here, as everyone knows. Recently, I was asked for an opinion. I gave it, and that's all anything has to do with me. Because - like it or not, "mate" - I used to be one of those guys who came into your home, even if it was just on the phone. I'd hope you're still savvy enough to realise that whatever has happened between us on the boards will always stay on the boards. I think you do. You've certainly had the benefit of many years to confirm it.
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by Jesús Malverde »

<butting in> Prawn, do you consider it possible that the site was shut down for valid reasons unrelated to the controversy over the direction of the site at the time and that Gad for related valid reasons cannot lay out the story publicly? I don't know, I really have no special knowledge, but couldn't that in fact be possible, even if you harbor significant doubts?
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by Prawn Connery »

What I know is that the server was never stolen and that Gad still has a back-up of PG - something Gad seems to have finally admitted after all these years.

Beyond that is really for Gad to explain. Suffice it to say, he can go into as little or much detail as he wishes. You can take with a pinch of salt some of what I've said in the past - it was all part of the ongoing saga of these boards - but I will address a point of logic: if it were a security issue, Gad would never have admitted to the server being stolen, because that's an admission of having owned it in the first place :wink:

Really, no-one would have begrudged him for prioritising his (and anyone else's) safety. But don't you think it was all rather a coincidence that it happened right when we were all negotiating for Gad to hand PG over to us? And when I say "us", you, Smokes and others know it was not just me he was planning to give the keys to. In fact, at one point (actually, probably all along!) he didn't want me to have the keys and suggested we both (Gad and I) step down and let someone else run it - to which I agreed. You guys were all there in the mod room to witness that.

There was a lot of really good grow info on that site. A lot of entertaining threads. Perhaps we all turn to dust. But that's the beauty of knowledge: it can be passed down. It doesn't have to be lost.
Licensed to Krill

Roots

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by Roots »

....and there's pics of my balls there before they started getting grey hairs.....I miss those young balls.

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

It's the lies that hurt so much. <sob> :(

Gadabout

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by Gadabout »

Prawn Connery wrote:Gad still has a back-up of PG - something Gad seems to have finally admitted after all these years.
huh? "Seems" as in saying no such thing! Frankly your working "theory" is as well thought out as Butters speculating that PG was a clandestine donation heist. According to you I'm a selfish ego maniac bent on destruction. We all know I'd be a fucking hero if PG was somehow revived... more ego soup than any man could eat! I would throw away everything... years of friendships and everyone's work, just to keep it out of your grubby little mitts. All the members were deemed acceptable collateral damage. I had access to simple yet effective tools to keep PG out of your hands, but inexplicably chose the nuclear option. Maniacally laughing while holding my backup close to my chest like Gollum caressing his precious. I'll chalk it up as another nonsense theory, but you're welcome to it.
Prawn Connery wrote:BTW, I have zero interest in owning, adminning or otherwise PG if you were to ever give it back to the community. I have other interests and hardly ever post here, as everyone knows. Recently, I was asked for an opinion. I gave it, and that's all anything has to do with me. Because - like it or not, "mate" - I used to be one of those guys who came into your home, even if it was just on the phone. I'd hope you're still savvy enough to realise that whatever has happened between us on the boards will always stay on the boards. I think you do. You've certainly had the benefit of many years to confirm it.
Ditto. I think these guys have done the best they can with the cards they were dealt. They deserve ownership of the PG domain which is something that can be revived.

No question you played a part in my life for a period of time. I said I made a mistake partnering with you. I would love to get together for a beer, but you have to admit we made a terrible team. You've never made attempts to rekindle what once was. Neither have I. PG is not the first failed partnership in this community and it certainly won't be the last. I had a great deal of fun trolling with you on the stank. "Ethical Grower's ass bought and sold to Overgrow" was the greatest thread in discussion forum history and sealed our fate. I figured two diametrically opposed nemeses working together.... it has to work right?

Your last two sentences carry a pretty heavy connotation. No kidding I'm stunned that you suddenly feel the need to remind me about being loose with your privacy. I'm not sure what that's about, but you know better.
Prawn Connery wrote: You might be surprised what my take is on the result of that recent email. That doesn't change the fact you owe people here an explanation. I'll even cover my ears and go "La! La! La!" if you don't want me to hear it. But at least give it to those who deserve it. It was their work, after all.
Probably not, the contact was on my recommendation. :whistle: It would have been easy to say that your known hushmail account is no longer valid and I couldn't get in touch with you. I tried that address first and it did bounce back. I usually take the path that has a predictably favorable outcome.

I've said all I'm saying on the topic. Accept charity or don't, either way it was fun to chat and see all the old bums. Let's do this again in 2017

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by Prawn Connery »

Gadabout wrote:I was out of the country and made the call to have the site shutdown, drives swapped between servers, and the raids rebuilt. The decision had nothing to do with you, the membership, or spite. No data was ever compromised and I would do the same if facing the same circumstances.
"Seems" pretty clear to me. I mentioned the security issue only to affirm how seriously we all take it, and how all would have been instantly forgiven if the demise of PG was, indeed, a security issue.

It's not for me to explain why you did it. It's for you.
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

So, what is Gad up to?

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Protip for Gad- tell Prawn what happened in strictest confidence and he is thereafter pretty much forever constrained from discussing the topic publicly or even privately. Being trusted with a secret you wanted to know the answer to is, it turns out, a real buzzkill.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow