ramadhan.. fasting

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 974 times
Received Karma : 765 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by dill786 »

i don't...

we get the timetable and i put it on my fridge with a magnet LOL

that's it..... gonna be weird this year though with the corona and all the masjids closed and i won't be going to my parent's house to open the fast ( iftar) had to do some last-minute Ramadhan shopping today, like dates, soft drinks, rice, some meat etc....
Kuchisabishii

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by rSin »

Earl wrote:Wow. I knew it was a food fast but didn't know you can not have water either. That is rough. Good luck, my friend!

miss you buddy!
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1794 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by Intrinsic »

Not to bother you during the fast but when you get around to it . Okay if I ask this stupid american question about your culture? I know you live in the UK but

Do the women wear colorful or decorative scarfs to be attractive if not attractive, distinct, memorable? Seems I seen quite a few colorful ones in iran when US relations were better.

I ask cuz I'm doing it now as a male. But it seemed something the women here would embrace. As Dr brix already owns it. Seems to me Muslims and Islamic culture should be way ahead on the game on that.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 974 times
Received Karma : 765 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by dill786 »

^youre not bothering me brother !!!! :)

are you talking about the hijab, the scarf the covers the head and leaves the face exposed? yeah its just decorative there so many diff styles that women wear in UK albeit its only 1% of Muslim women that actually wear them.. the jilbab is the full covering usually in black as the whole point is NOT to be noticed, but i have seen embroidery on them and diff styles i guess to make them stand out between there friends etc....

there's a " burkha" which covers the whole body and the only thing visible are the eyes.

i have seen some pics of the time when it was the Spanish influenza epidemic and lots of women were wearing the Islamic style face-covering..... i guess its not a big deal for the spanish women as 700 years rule of the moors in spain they have the hijab, jilbab, burkha in there past culture.
Kuchisabishii

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1794 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by Intrinsic »

Cool!
Thanks bro.
Nothing like a little knowledge to quench a Thirst.
I feel there's a Rumi quote here about satiating a fast with feast of knowledge.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by rSin »

Intrinsic, our avian member...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by rSin »

Is the end of Ramadon a celebration?

Oldjoints

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by Oldjoints »

Eid say yes...

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by smokebreaks »

Eid Mubarak is a time of celebration like Christmas
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1111 times
Received Karma : 1742 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by Lrus007 »

if not for this thread i would have never known.
but down the street is some fireworks going off.
must be people of that faith having fun tonight.
i would have just thought someone is lighting them off.
now i know why. best wishes to them..
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.