ramadhan.. fasting

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 955 times
Received Karma : 745 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by dill786 »

its been over 24 days since i last smoked weed or cigs and i have not coughed up any mucus infact i have not coughed at all, the only issues right now are insomnia, mood swings and lack of appetite even though i am only eating once per day coz of fasting...

i might keep it up post fasting aswell a i have not craved for weed or cigs, feel a lot better..

i noticed i can breathe a lot easier now too, overall awesome experience and i have lost over 7 pound in weight with no exercising and only eating once per day.
Kuchisabishii

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by Intrinsic »

hey, kinda reminds of the Tommy Chong's line: "I haven't done any drugs or smoked a joint or nothing for a whole week. And I feel so good, I want to get high. You know what I mean?"

Anyways .. Cool. hope ya had 7 pounds to give :grin:

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by rSin »

Excellant my friend!

But arent these short tern results
Of an unsustainable pratice?

Mw that you know what you really want
All the year round

Start think of what you can do
In between
This compulsary anual...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by dill786 »

Ramadhan starts on friday !!
Kuchisabishii

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by rSin »

how do you prepare?
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by dill786 »

i don't...

we get the timetable and i put it on my fridge with a magnet LOL

that's it..... gonna be weird this year though with the corona and all the masjids closed and i won't be going to my parent's house to open the fast ( iftar) had to do some last-minute Ramadhan shopping today, like dates, soft drinks, rice, some meat etc....
Kuchisabishii

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by rSin »

Earl wrote:Wow. I knew it was a food fast but didn't know you can not have water either. That is rough. Good luck, my friend!

miss you buddy!

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by Intrinsic »

Not to bother you during the fast but when you get around to it . Okay if I ask this stupid american question about your culture? I know you live in the UK but

Do the women wear colorful or decorative scarfs to be attractive if not attractive, distinct, memorable? Seems I seen quite a few colorful ones in iran when US relations were better.

I ask cuz I'm doing it now as a male. But it seemed something the women here would embrace. As Dr brix already owns it. Seems to me Muslims and Islamic culture should be way ahead on the game on that.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by dill786 »

^youre not bothering me brother !!!! :)

are you talking about the hijab, the scarf the covers the head and leaves the face exposed? yeah its just decorative there so many diff styles that women wear in UK albeit its only 1% of Muslim women that actually wear them.. the jilbab is the full covering usually in black as the whole point is NOT to be noticed, but i have seen embroidery on them and diff styles i guess to make them stand out between there friends etc....

there's a " burkha" which covers the whole body and the only thing visible are the eyes.

i have seen some pics of the time when it was the Spanish influenza epidemic and lots of women were wearing the Islamic style face-covering..... i guess its not a big deal for the spanish women as 700 years rule of the moors in spain they have the hijab, jilbab, burkha in there past culture.
Kuchisabishii

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ramadhan.. fasting

Post by Intrinsic »

Cool!
Thanks bro.
Nothing like a little knowledge to quench a Thirst.
I feel there's a Rumi quote here about satiating a fast with feast of knowledge.