microwaving buds

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

microwaving buds

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

FullySikMate wrote:So how bad is nuking ?? Anyone know :)
Bad in what way?
I do it all the time for "sampling" crops and as far as I know all you lose is a little of the potency and all of the taste.

JapanFreak

microwaving buds

Post by JapanFreak »

Nuking sucks. Use the toaster oven instead.

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

microwaving buds

Post by benjammin »

only time i ever did it, i vapourized the end result instead of smoking it. it was still not very good, and usually vaping does a lot to improve bad herb.

Merry
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: land

microwaving buds

Post by Merry »

I do it at desperate times... I nuke for 8 seconds blow on the bud for a minute and nuke again for 8 seconds and then blow again... OK ya'll can tease me about the blowing part now....

And before anyone (and you know who you are)starts bitching, I'm not advocating nuking just explaining how I do it when I have to....
It's all about the red sole.....

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

microwaving buds

Post by benjammin »

Merry wrote:I do it at desperate times... I nuke for 8 seconds blow on the bud for a minute and nuke again for 8 seconds and then blow again... OK ya'll can tease me about the blowing part now....
it's just not the same with an open invitation :)

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

microwaving buds

Better to do it at lower power for a longer time...
I have a 700W oven and do 5 minutes at a time at power level 1

Just pop the bud on a few layers of paper towel... 'wave for 5 mins....wait 5 mins.....repeat as necessary.

Merry
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: land

microwaving buds

Post by Merry »

It just seems like such a long time.. 5 minutes... I feel like I have more control with the 8 second thing which very well be all in my head... head ... blowing... seems to be a pattern forming..
It's all about the red sole.....

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

microwaving buds

Post by benjammin »

well, five minutes on the lowest setting on a 700w isnt that long really. its like 30 seconds or so of normal nukage on my microwave.

i think.

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

microwaving buds

Merry wrote:It just seems like such a long time.. 5 minutes... I feel like I have more control with the 8 second thing which very well be all in my head... head ... blowing... seems to be a pattern forming..
I found that high power short bursts would sometimes cause stems to burn and set fire to the paper towels. :p
The "long slow" method doesn't allow the bud to get too hot, and I suspect it keeps the potency better because the resins never get hot enough to evaporate (although I have no proof one way or the other).

Oh, and: good pattern.....stay with it. :tup:

turtle
good karma
good karma

microwaving buds

Post by turtle »

i learned to take a damp paper towel inside the micro, put the bud on and fold the towel. nuke for 15 seconds. check dryness. nuke for 10 secs at a time till desired dryness is achieved.
also known as turtletech
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension