i bought drugs

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
JapanFreak

i bought drugs

Post by JapanFreak »

I guess I'm lucky to have only live in places where it's easy to get weed. Never even thought about how people in small towns have to deal with that.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

i bought drugs

Post by twilson »

I was a part of a group that supplied a good portion of fairfield county Conn. back in the early 70's. We'd pool everybodys money together and buy 80 lbs in California then drive it back to Conn. It would all get split up and then there would be about 30 pounds left. That was what was sold in fairfield. Most of the people that went in with us were getting half pounds and quarter pounds. We sold to a lot of construction workers but we sold more to the guys that worked for swimming pool builders than anybody. We got a connection with one company and it spread like wildfire. If you were building a pool in south western Conn in the early 70's you were probably smokin our weed.

Nobody made much money doing this. If anybody had started to make too much money they would have been cut off from the weed and the group (which was pretty tight). We had no tolerence for greedheads with a mind for business. Ounces went for 20. I never saw a 10 dollar ounce in my life in the northeast and i have been smokin since 1970.

I saw a few $15 dollar ounces but that didn't last long. Ounces stayed at $20 until about 1978 when they went to $35.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

Hacks
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

i bought drugs

Post by Hacks »

And then there's the "lid".... an undefined amount (often described as 2 1/2 or 3 "fingers" in a sandwich bag) that usually sold for a tenner.
The next Freddie Flintoff.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

i bought drugs

Post by twilson »

Hacks wrote:And then there's the "lid".... an undefined amount (often described as 2 1/2 or 3 "fingers" in a sandwich bag) that usually sold for a tenner.
I never saw lids in the northeast. People would use the word but it always turned out to be a OZ.

It wasn't until i went to florida that i saw lids that were less than an OZ.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

Hacks
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

i bought drugs

Post by Hacks »

Yeah, the concept of lids seems to have mostly missed the NE US. They were well and alive from TO to BC and from the US Midwest all the way to LA though. The approximate expectation was that a lid would be around 2/3 oz, so that came to ~15 bucks an oz. About the time the term fell into disuse, ozs took over and people started becoming aware of higher quality varieties of Mexican whereas lids were just generic weed like (remember this?) BEER beer. First HQ tropical Mex like Oaxacan, Michoacán (universally mispronounced by stoners as 'mesh-mi-cahn'), AG, and Guerrero began to show along with Jamaican, then of course Columbian. It was actually a good time for sativa lovers before everything became polluted with indica.
The next Freddie Flintoff.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 389 times
Received Karma : 240 times

i bought drugs

Post by ben ttech »

back around 00 02 in san diego...
you could get OZs for 60ish bucks...
pressed and dried and full of seeds...
but some of the time they were REALLY sativa dominant...
had a guy who made sure that stuff came my way...

you never find that stuff green anymore without a card...

some local ive recently picked up...
WW and mr nice i was told...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Uncle Duke
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Res Ipsa Loquitur

i bought drugs

Post by Uncle Duke »

i've decided it's decent enough smoke. i am currently throwing a bit of it, some of last seasons stuff and some of my spring harvest popcorn buds into the grinder and finding a decent stone as the outcome. i've found a few healthy looking seeds in the bag and as soon as i clear some space in my veg cab i'll get them started to see if i can do a better job with the stuff. odds are, i can.
"Where does one go from a world of insanity? Somewhere on the other side of despair." -TS Eliot

"Misanthropy develops when without art one puts complete trust in somebody thinking the man absolutely true and sound and reliable and then a little later discovers him to be bad and unreliable...and when it happens to someone often...he ends up...hating everyone." - Socrates

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

i bought drugs

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

An OZ of Mexican for patients is $50 here, CO. I was getting QP's for $150 (but, I lost that connection a while back) I know someone else that buys the same stuff (from the street though) for $100 an OZ.

I had some the other day and I would swear it smelled and tasted like Chocolate-Thai. So maybe, most likely, they cherry picked some packages making their way North up the trail and tried to do better....like Duke said :mrgreen:

Take care :wave:,
WHAB

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

i bought drugs

Post by benjammin »

JohnLocke wrote:Honestly, for $100 / oz that is pretty good!

At the first college I attended me and 2 other guys in our fraternity would buy a QP of basically that same exact stuff and split it up into 1.5g bags for $10 and 2.5g bags for $20, and if you wanted an eighth we would give you 4.0g for $30. College kids on no to low income ate that stuff up! We didn't try and turn a profit, we just sold enough to cover the price of the QP and split the rest amongst ourselves (3 ways) for our hard work... which wasn't even work!
:lol:

you must be new at this.

in the scenario you described, you made profit, and then smoked it.

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

i bought drugs

Post by benjammin »

JohnLocke wrote:
benjammin wrote: :lol:

you must be new at this.

in the scenario you described, you made profit, and then smoked it.
I guess I should have been more clear... we didn't do it in hopes to have any sort of monetary gain, although I suppose we did three end up with extra cash in our pockets by not having to buy any weed. But my point is no one really wanted to pad their checking account at a constant basis through drug trade they just wanted free smoke. You can nit pick if you'd like, though.
if you were otherwise going to pay for the weed you smoked, then it is money in your pocket.

just sayin. having extra product left over once you've paid off the initial cost is what every (successful) drug dealer in the world does. you seem to think you were just doing community service.