Autoerotic Asphyxiation or Suicide

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

JapanFreak wrote:something tells me that the real scandal is not what he did, but who he did it with.
£10 says it was George Takei. :tup:

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Here in Japan they actually have travel sex tours to Thailand for sick fucks. I'm sure that there would still be sex crimes there even without the foreign customers but something tells me that the majority of the business and money comes from non-native people. I have an adopted cousin who was about to go down that path before our family saved her. She was from the country side and her parents thought that they were sending her to a factory to work. Any asshole that hires girls or boys there for sex deserve to have something bad happen to them. Prostitution is not a victimless crime.

Jolly Roger
good karma
good karma

Post by Jolly Roger »

Sounds pretty obvious he had a "friend" help him with the binding and the "near" asphyxiation aspect but went a bit too far, ergo the end.
Thank God for Beer, Football, and Women :pirate:

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by benjammin »

JapanFreak wrote:
benjammin wrote: the guy was a professional athlete, and all his dramatic roles were pure camp.
Bruce Lee was never a professional athlete and there was nothing camp about those roles. I think you are thinking of camp in the wrong way.
the guy wasnt a professional athlete? shit, then what do you consider someone who spent a large part of their life developing, teaching, and promoting a new style of martial arts and attending competitions? you think he didnt get paid for any of that? the amount of time and effort he put into physical training and diet/nutrition still puts most pro athletes today to shame? it was his life. he wrote a handful of instructional books about it all as well.
Prawn Connery wrote:
benjammin wrote:what makes you think bruce lee could write a good script OR act? the guy was a professional athlete, and all his dramatic roles were pure camp.
What are you talking about, dude? Bruce Lee wrote scripts and starred in lots of movies, including The Big Boss, Way of the Dragon (also directed), Game of Death (also directed) and other Hong Kong flicks. His dad was a Cantonese Opera star - Bruce Lee came from show business. He also wrote books and had a great sense of humour. You don't reckon he could write Kung Fu? And you talk about camp . . .
lol, what am i talking about? your examples of non-camp are Way of the Dragon and Game of Death? do you also think Jackie Chan is a good actor because legend of drunken master was such a dramatic masterpiece? :lol: chuck norris and abdul-jabbar should have been nominated for best supporting actors i suppose? how can youi watch Chuck Norris' chest hair blowing in the breeze wit hthe three perfect cuts on his chest and not realize that is THE definition of camp. judging from the last two sentences there, i dont think camp means what you think it does.

and i didnt say i dont think he could have written 'kung fu.' i said i dont think he would have done it any better, from a dramatic standpoint.

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by benjammin »

A Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
JapanFreak wrote:something tells me that the real scandal is not what he did, but who he did it with.
£10 says it was George Takei. :tup:
ahahaha, niccce.

that george takei is one funny guy. loved that line of his at the comedy central roast of william shatner. to farah fawcett: "Close your legs, it smells like pussy in here. (pause) i think."

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

benjammin wrote: the guy wasnt a professional athlete? shit, then what do you consider someone who spent a large part of their life developing, teaching, and promoting a new style of martial arts and attending competitions? you think he didnt get paid for any of that? the amount of time and effort he put into physical training and diet/nutrition still puts most pro athletes today to shame? it was his life. he wrote a handful of instructional books about it all as well.
I'd call him a martial artist and teacher. I wouldn't call a yoga teacher a professional athlete either. As far as I know he only did a few demonstrations and never competed in any martial arts competition. Being fit, and being a professional athlete are two different things. By your definition soldiers are professional athletes.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

benjammin wrote:lol, what am i talking about? your examples of non-camp are Way of the Dragon and Game of Death? do you also think Jackie Chan is a good actor because legend of drunken master was such a dramatic masterpiece? :lol: chuck norris and abdul-jabbar should have been nominated for best supporting actors i suppose? how can youi watch Chuck Norris' chest hair blowing in the breeze wit hthe three perfect cuts on his chest and not realize that is THE definition of camp. judging from the last two sentences there, i dont think camp means what you think it does.

and i didnt say i dont think he could have written 'kung fu.' i said i dont think he would have done it any better, from a dramatic standpoint.
And I don't think he could have done any worse - so what's your point? We're talking about Kung Fu, not some cinematic masterpiece. And Jacky Chan is a good example of a Hong Kong actor who, despite his poor English, worked hard for where he got and acted better than a lot of other Hollywood pretenders, not to mention choreographed and performed his own stunts at the same time.

I think we all know what "camp" means - Kung Fu was camp, no matter how seriously it took itself.
Licensed to Krill

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

benjammin wrote: do you also think Jackie Chan is a good actor because legend of drunken master was such a dramatic masterpiece?
Hold up I missed this. That movie is a masterpiece which he wrote, directed, stared and did the music for. And he did a damn good job acting in it as well.

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by benjammin »

JapanFreak wrote:
benjammin wrote: do you also think Jackie Chan is a good actor because legend of drunken master was such a dramatic masterpiece?
Hold up I missed this. That movie is a masterpiece which he wrote, directed, stared and did the music for. And he did a damn good job acting in it as well.
its one of my favourite kung fu flicks, but lets not kid ourselves. jackie chan is not a good actor, and he was never trying to be. his movies are more slapstick comedy than drama.
I'd call him a martial artist and teacher. I wouldn't call a yoga teacher a professional athlete either. As far as I know he only did a few demonstrations and never competed in any martial arts competition. Being fit, and being a professional athlete are two different things. By your definition soldiers are professional athletes.
i wouldnt c ompare bruce lee to a yoga teacher, either. he created something new, that was actually quite revolutionary to martial arts at the time. you could see bruce lee as the father of mixed martial arts. yoga teachers are only regurgitating what they've been taught, and i doubt evne the most dedicated yoga teacher in the world trains as hard as bruce lee did. and yes, he did fight in some competitions, beginning as a teenager in hong kong where he won an interschool tournament.