Firework season begins tomorrow

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Hanabi or fireworks are huge in Japan and all during the summer different city's hold their displays that the spent all year getting ready for. Some go for hours and I'm talking what we could call the "Finale Finally" type of fireworks constantly. First show I went to here I thought we showed up late because of the numbers going off.

Tomorrow is one of my favorites. They mix fireworks with an afternoon of live music and lasers all free of course. Going to show up early, claim my spot, pick the kids up after school and enjoy.

weedy
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: SYLB

Post by weedy »

i love fire works too!!! sounds like it is gunna be a blast!!

whats the big occasion???? i thought they had fire woprks year round!!! it is about firework season here in the states!!!! 4th of july right around the corner!!
DONT HIDE, IT DIVIDE IT

It Is A RED and GOLD world

RIP HELLBOY 3-28-10 GBNF

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

No occasion, they have it every year. I mean I know there is a holiday for schools tomorrow and I'm sure that the day has a name, they have names for days up the yahoo here such as Culture Day and Senior citizen day which I guess isn't any worse than Secretary day but it's more an excuse than anything else. There will probably be anywhere around 50 firework events around Tokyo this summer. Many times you can actually up to 3 from the same spot. Women wear their summer Yukatas and men in their Jinbeis. Japanese food stands and beer everywhere. 4 months of fireworks!!

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

What a day. My kids actually had the day off from school so I got them from the morning. I love when they don't have school. :tup: My girl was supposed to show up before the fireworks started but her asshole of a boss kept her late and she showed up right as they started. I didn't realize that her phone didn't have gps so the map with gps location to where we were didn't work and she called me up asking "Where?" After 10 minutes she finally found us.
I only took a few pics during the show and my camera is crap so they didn't come out, but this might give you an idea.
fireworks.JPG
this year they also had like 10 flame throwers in a line that would shoot huge bursts of fire into the air. lasers, flames, lights and fireworks computer programmed to music. Very cool.

Uncle Duke
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Res Ipsa Loquitur

Post by Uncle Duke »

i could do better then that with a gallon of diesel and a 5 lb bag of fertilizer.
"Where does one go from a world of insanity? Somewhere on the other side of despair." -TS Eliot

"Misanthropy develops when without art one puts complete trust in somebody thinking the man absolutely true and sound and reliable and then a little later discovers him to be bad and unreliable...and when it happens to someone often...he ends up...hating everyone." - Socrates

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

To tell the truth I couldn't be bothered to take any pics during the show and the only one that was somewhat in focus is that one.........with no fireworks going off. :p You can blame 2 kids crawling over me and a women with the world's worst sense of direction screaming into her cell, "Where? Where?"

She drives me nuts when we go somewhere new. My new used car doesn't have car-navi and she can't read maps. So she thinks she's totally off the hook but I can't read some of the roadsigns.

Uncle Duke
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Res Ipsa Loquitur

Post by Uncle Duke »

buy her one of those GPS navigation things. i don't know shit about them. i'm a man and don't need directions. :lol:
"Where does one go from a world of insanity? Somewhere on the other side of despair." -TS Eliot

"Misanthropy develops when without art one puts complete trust in somebody thinking the man absolutely true and sound and reliable and then a little later discovers him to be bad and unreliable...and when it happens to someone often...he ends up...hating everyone." - Socrates