Is anyone here

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Oldjoints

Is anyone here

Post by Oldjoints »

Good job bro, can’t beat variety...

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Is anyone here

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

dill786 wrote:reminiscing about the old uns,,,

what happened to WHAB!! he went off the radar
Ennui set in.

For one reason or another - ennui.

One reason was health related. After my second "Massive Heart Attack" (their words, not mine) I was told I needed open heart surgery and after I convinced myself I would go through with it - I was basing my reluctance of the procedure on what my Dad went through. After his triple bypass every time he'd roll over in bed, for instance, his chest bones would pop as they rubbed against each other. I didn't want that for me. He had had his bypass surgery back in the 70's and I finally reminded myself that things had changed a lot in the intervening time.

After getting myself to agree to the procedure they then told me after a "Thallium Study" a "Viability Test" I was not viable candidate for the procedure. I didn't have enough viable heart muscle to which to graft to. I was told I'd be "Medical Management Only", in other words, we'll fill you up with prescription poisons but you're on your own after that.

This last September I was introduced to a group of go-getter Cardiac Surgeons. They developed a very aggressive procedure to unblock previously blocked passages. They saw in my then blocked collateral vessels, one that the heart creates on its own trying to improve its performance, that there was a chance they could punch a hole through it. It's called a CTO PCI - Chronic Total Occlusion, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. They literally punch through the blockage and 'hope' they don't punch through the wall of the passage.

The first time the fine Dr. tried he had to quite after 3 hours. He had hit against the radiation exposure limits. About 2 weeks later, maybe 3 weeks, he and his mentor both went in. They were there for 4+ hours. They were successful. They punched through without punching through the wall of the collateral vessel and installed 2 additional stents to me collection. I now have 7 stents.

I soon got over the ennui to a degree and I've been wanting to get back over here. It's just taken me this long to get it done.

I do appreciate you asking after me, Dill!

I do hope you and yours are well and fine, my friend!

:puffpass:

*Edited to "Notify me when"*

:smoke:.
WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Is anyone here

Butcher Bob wrote:
dill786 wrote:what happened to WHAB!! he went off the radar
I've been half expecting a drive-by since October. Been almost two years now since the last one.:dunno:
You were only half-right, my friend. I've been looking for an excuse to get over here well before October! But, you were close...so there's that! :laugh:

I'm alive. I'm well (as well as one can expect - still looking at the green side of the grass, that is :wink:).

Next time I leave, me and my Dad are going to Yosemite Valley together. :wink:

:grin:

:smoke:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Is anyone here

Oldjoints wrote:So after 6 grueling hours on Xmas day here is my trichrome harvest:
4FCF44CC-41B0-4682-B1B8-C675E591610D.jpeg
89.7 grams
:drool: (can't find a drool emoji :shrug: ) :grin:

That's looking great OJ. Great thread overall, too! :toker1:

Well done, all!

:smoke:

:wave:,
WHAB

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2168 times
Received Karma : 1602 times

Is anyone here

Post by ripper5 »

1st attempt @ saving & storing pollen. Just collected it through a little handled screen strainer into a bowl. Used a paint brush to mix it with some flour to help keep it dry. Transfered it to a small half pint shroomy jars & added a silica packet. Stick it in the freezer & fergit aboutit! 3 strains Ice, Bubbalicious, & the B.S. :fly:
Attachments
IMG_20210122_130616092.jpg
IMG_20210121_140421634.jpg
IMG_20210121_140643644.jpg

Oldjoints

Is anyone here

Post by Oldjoints »

Flour won’t keep the pollen from staying dry as flour absorbs moisture as much as the pollen does. But it will stretch your pollen further. Each bud site just won’t get as many seeds. I keep my pollen in a small glass container that folks use to use for cocaine. I keep the silica packs outside of that in a larger glass container so I stop the moisture in the larger jar never to get to the little one. Use the smallest jar possible for the larger jar and still hold the silica.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Is anyone here

Post by ripper5 »

I know what you're talking about. We used to call those cocaine jars "bullets"... Purfect for eazy access bumps, on the go. :whistle:

Oldjoints

Is anyone here

Post by Oldjoints »

In my best Sgt.Schultz voice I KNOW NOOOTHING.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Is anyone here

Post by ripper5 »

Finished @ 70 days could've gone longer but I decided to reveg them, and they were getting quite yellow there .
Attachments
IMG_20210215_094107207.jpg
Bagseed
Bagseed
Ice
Ice
Bubbalicious
Bubbalicious
Bagseed
Bagseed

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Is anyone here

ripper5 wrote:Finished @ 70 days could've gone longer but I decided to reveg them, and they were getting quite yellow there .
Those look awesome, Ripper!

Thanks for the post! :tup:

Good morning!

:wave:,
WHAB