Vaccine

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Roots

Vaccine

Post by Roots »

I got my first shot on the 21st...fucking arm hurt for three days.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Vaccine

Post by Intrinsic »

Did ya have an appointment for the second shot?

Roots

Vaccine

Post by Roots »

I’m with the exact same group of people at the same time and place 28 days later.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Vaccine

Post by Intrinsic »

Signed up at myturn.ca.gov
"My Turn is not yet able to schedule your COVID-19 vaccination."
Tried my County Health Services same thing. Nothing available in my 65+ age group.

Meh Another Fresh layer of quarantine today.
quarantine2.jpg
warm.jpg
toasty inside, Whiskey in My Coffee :toker1:

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Vaccine

Post by Butcher Bob »

Butcher Bob wrote:Here in MI, we had 11,900 doses that were headed to 21 different sites get spoiled from temperature issues...

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... higan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They were Moderna. Got too cold evidently.

I hope this is not a common problem. Evidently each shipment has it's temperature monitored, which is how they found out aboot the spoilage. My understanding is that the potential pitfall would have been if it had not been discovered...people thinking they've been vaccinated, when what they were given was no longer effective.
Now, after walking that number back to 8,900...the state is saying all those doses are fine...

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... -says.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

False alarm I guess. :dunno:

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Vaccine

Post by rSin »

Start preparing for a decade of vaccine turmoil as the pathetics of our address will mean multible covid strains reach the need of different vaccines. A half dozen others over the next few years is entirely likely.
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Vaccine

Post by Intrinsic »

Right. it's part of the ecology. It didn't come from a vacuum and it's not going to nowhere anytime soon.

but we can hope to virtually eradicate this model from humans. Making the mutations moot. There is an Elegant solution, stop the spread, don't give it a host. That's it. Mask, distancing, death or vaccine; choose your poison.

For now.
We should get an international organization for viral and pathogen infections. Say a health Organization but for the world. For the next big one.

Oh, and a secretary of science in USA. 'bout time.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Vaccine

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Found the girlfriend an appointment for the Moderna vaccine. I don't qualify, probably won't get my jab until May or so. Taking no chances until then.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Vaccine

Post by Intrinsic »

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... rder-biden" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
US buys 200m Covid-19 vaccine doses as Biden says Trump ‘did not do his job’

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... -away/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“We have now purchased enough vaccine supply to vaccinate all Americans,” Biden said.

This latest order means the United States will buy a total of 600 million Pfizer and Moderna vaccine doses, split evenly between the two companies, which is enough to immunize 300 million people because both drugs require two shots.

These doses will be delivered by the end of July, Biden said, adding that Pfizer and Moderna also promised to deliver a previous order of 200 million doses by late May — one month earlier than initially expected.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Vaccine

Post by Intrinsic »

I've scheduled a my first vaccination shot. Tomorrow Thursday. The County was on top of it, sent me a mailing. Call or sign up online, I did next day, an email for appointment and a tentative schedule for the second shot.
Easy peasy,