The Truth About Corona Virus

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:On MLive I didn't see a graph for cases only.
Here is a link to World o Meter > Michigan
It's in the first link, with the 7 day running average superimposed.
Your link has the correct numbers...but with their "current cases" graph that looks quite saw toothed, it helps to know that 'recovered' figures are only updated once a week. If they were updated daily it would appear as a steady decline, rather than the up and down depiction on the graph.

We are seeing an increase in daily new cases, but when you consider that the restaurants and bars have reopened, and that we are still nowhere near our peak numbers, it paints a very different picture than CNN is painting. News should not be deceptive.

I'm almost to the point of thinking we should just let darwinism run it's course. :frown:
My folks and my brother can't quit talking aboot how Trump has fuk'd the response up...yet I have to remind them to wear their mask when we're out in public. How fuk'd up is that? :rolleyes:

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Rather

Like racists
Who're sure they arent
Because
They have that one black friend
They talk to
At the neighborhood republican meeting...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Post by Intrinsic »

deaths per million 0.jpg
North America is on the rise
optimistic, you don't want to see absolute summations No-No no no no

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

death per million 1.jpg
death per million 1.jpg (265.84 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
Opps :whistle: Added Australia, New Zealand.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

No symptoms
Home requirement
Ive got medical
But i wasnt even asked
Free

Had the worst cough for 3 weeks
Back in march
Scheduled a test
But they called back an hour later
Out of supplies
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Munchy wrote:How much did it cost?
My understanding is that both testing and treatment are covered by Medicare.

In a convo with my brother, while he was trying to chastise me for refusing to vote Biden, I pointed out that while Biden spent 40 years trying to cut Medicare/caid, Trump actually applied M4A to the covid. He countered with 'only for testing'. Again I reiterated, nope, treatment too. So he immediately grabbed his little black box to prove me wrong. After searching for a minute he says, 'huh, treatment too', and put his phone down. I'm assuming he was able to confirm my contention...as he immediately shifted the discussion to the environment/global warming.

I'm pretty sure the costs were covered in legislation early on...after the first couple billing horror stories hit the news.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 385 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Post by ben ttech »

for half of what we paid big business to line their pockets
we could have paid people to test
paid them if positive to isolate
paid the bills of whomever lost jobs

this would have allowed city by city lockdowns

and the economy to not tank

ah, but no real testing forced nation/state wide lockdowns
the collapse

and the trillions to big companies

trump KNEW this...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote: here's the facts

They or scientific consensus has not concluded hydroxychloroquine would be a viable treatment for covid-19. No one has except President Trump.

New England Journal of Medicine in April found the two primary outcomes for COVID-19 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine were death and the need for mechanical ventilation.

Well what do you know. Peer review works.
Scientific consensus has not changed.
More bad news for the anti-hydroxychloroquine/anti-Trump crowd...

Hydroxychloroquine is effective in treating COVID-19, says Henry Ford Health System study
Updated Jul 04, 2020; Posted Jul 03, 2020
By Andrew Mullin

DETROIT, MI — A new study from the Henry Ford Health System may provide more legitimacy on the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19.

Henry Ford published the peer-reviewed study on July 1, using a large-scale retrospective analysis of patients from March 10 to May 2. The study looked over 2,500 hospitalized patients from the Henry Ford’s six hospitals, said Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of infectious disease for Henry Ford Health System.

He said the health system wanted to investigate hydroxychloroquine because data showed that it had some clinical benefit and that it could reduce the inflammatory response in COVID-19 patients early in the pandemic.

“We thought that it would be important to us, or potentially important to use in our patients, (because) we didn’t have any other options that were proven,” Zervos said.

The study concluded that treatment with hydroxychloroquine significantly reduces the death rate of COVID-19 patients, Zervos said. Of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone, 13% of them died, compared to the 26.4% who died and were were not treated with the drug. There was an overall 18.1% in-hospital mortality rate and patients were over the age of 18, with a median age of 64.

Many of the fatalities involved people with underlying health diseases, according to an article from Henry Ford Health System. These diseases included chronic kidney and lung disease. Mortality of hospitalized patients ranged between 10% and 30% worldwide.

The study also considered treatment using azithromycin. It found that 20.1% patients treated with both azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine died and 22.4% of those treated only with azithromycin died — compared a death rate of 26.4% for those not treated with either drug, according to the Henry Ford health article.

However, despite the findings of the study, the article also stated people should be cautious in their reaction to the seemingly encouraging results. Randomized, controlled trials would still be required to confirm hydroxychloroquine’s effectiveness in treating COVID-19.

“Currently, the drug should be used only in hospitalized patients with appropriate monitoring, and as part of study protocols, in accordance with all relevant federal regulations,” Dr. Zervos said in the article.

Hydroxychloroquine is a drug primarily used to treat malaria and lupus. The drug recently gained notoriety when President Donald Trump touted its effectiveness in treating COVID-19, despite warnings from the FDA, according to an article from USA Today.

Use of the drug to treat COVID-19 remains controversial. Many Michigan health systems, such as Michigan Medicine, Beaumont Health and St. Joseph Mercy decided to either not use hydroxychloroquine or stopped doing so after trying it, according to an article from the Detroit News.

Zervos said the Henry Ford health study was peer-reviewed, unlike some other studies. While some studies have shown that the drug is not effective, he said studies regarding the drug use different doses.

“These studies that have been negative seem to get more attention,” Zervos said. “But there are plenty of studies that have shown benefits have not received as much attention, not just our study.”

https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/07/hydr ... study.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:whistle:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Just that one study vs Hydroxychloroquine side effects floats your boat?

Zervos even said it's results are meaningless outside a hospital setting and more research is needed.

Wait a minute are you advocating Trump was right???
Are you suggesting that we all are better off taking hydroxychloroquine as preventive, whilst covid-19 free, as Donald Trump did?
???

And Trump is an idiot for taking it JUST to prove anti-science, anti-empathy, anti-fact and anti-common-good are good things to base the decisions on. Yanno solely ego.

In fairness he was an idiot before that demonstration.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

rSin wrote:Just had my first test
Nasal swab
Unpleasant but
Was expecting worse
Thanks for sharing.
When will know the results?

Do I have this right,You asked for a test while possibly symptomatic. 3 months later no symptoms and you get the requested test?

Are you self quarantine while waiting results?