The Truth About Corona Virus

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1804 times
Received Karma : 1579 times

Post by Intrinsic »

My point munchy when I posted those articles earlier showing how science uses genetics and protein footprints. And how they concluded it couldn't be made in a lab. It is because We are just not good enough to create what nature does in a natural ecosystem. Even with viruses which technically aren't even alive, well not organisms.
Anyway a recombination would be detectable. But the boffins concluded right off the bat (pun) it was obviously natural.
Suptn' to chew on. Even if you don't accept science religiously.

My two Bitcoins

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

I thought I read it in SA but I couldn't find the article, anyway couple years ago some Canadian scientists built from scratch a variety of the smallpox virus at a ridiculously low cost
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/07 ... -order-dna" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 933 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Okay, less than 50/50....the bat lady seems pretty credible.

At least you got me to do some reading.:p

The one thing i readily noticed...the folks that claimed definitively one way or the other, did not seem credible. Consensus on this specific virus having been engineered, very unlikely...while they point out there has not been any evidence to support that claim, they also concede they do not yet have enough evidence to prove it false, just that with what they do know makes that possibility very slim. Consensus on manipulation gives that theory a little more wiggle room, but not a whole lot. Then we come to unintentional release, the lab or market question...this is where the waters start to get really murky, they really don't fukking know...and in this realm, possible ulterior motives start popping up like crazy.

So that basically leaves me in the same place...it would not surprise me that this is a completely natural occurrence, and it would not surprise me if man's grubby little hands played a role. :dunno:

Man, I am so going to volunteer for Elon's neuralink...says he hopes to start human trials within a year. :)

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Deja vu. Pretend there's a legitimate debate, sow doubt against common sense 'n science.

Just like you were doing with Trump's agenda in the global warming discussion.

And from your attaching in your earlier post political demonizing Biden, logically follows Trump is still a viable candidate.

Rambling ..
Sorry that was my earlier point I was trying to get to you befor all the red herrings and what nots. This is more Trump apologist agenda. Of course as a good scientist I needed to set the record right on the origin first. In my View it's an agenda to deflect the obvious blame of Trumps abject failure. to place the blame elsewhere China China China China Girl. They're out to get Trump anyway
Sow doubt about the origin it's in all the Wingnut newz sources, town hall for instance.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 401 times
Received Karma : 251 times

Post by ben ttech »

https://apnews.com/7a00d5fba3249e573d2ead4bd323a4d4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump administration buries detailed CDC advice on reopening

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Trump administration shelved a document created by the nation’s top disease investigators with step-by-step advice to local authorities on how and when to reopen restaurants and other public places during the still-raging coronavirus outbreak.

The 17-page report by a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention team, titled “Guidance for Implementing the Opening Up America Again Framework,” was researched and written to help faith leaders, business owners, educators and state and local officials as they begin to reopen.

It was supposed to be published last Friday, but agency scientists were told the guidance “would never see the light of day,” according to a CDC official. The official was not authorized to talk to reporters and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

The AP obtained a copy from a second federal official who was not authorized to release it. The guidance was described in AP stories last week, prior to the White House decision to shelve it.

so whats happened is
the administration allows the virus to run rampant
and thwarted the testing needed to treat the outbreaks in the spots where they were occuring
forcing the fed and states into blanket lockdown responses

which was such a shock
that congress felt compelled into giving wallstreet 4 trillion dollars

as if the didnt have enough to buy all the homes and property of the people
who only got a half months rents worth of help
when their forced into firesales of their property...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 933 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Michigan ! We're #1 ! :woohoo:

...in violating stay-at-home orders....known because they are monitoring our movements through our phones.

...in having the highest rate of depression and anxiety over the pandemic....known because they are analyzing all our tweets on Twitter.

:facepalm:

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Post by smokebreaks »

I had a conversation with a youtube educated amateur epidemiologist today...

my brain hurts from that experience.

:tokie: :bonghitter: :fubird:
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

uc-youtube...

Both the official infections and deaths
Are gross
Undercounts
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 499 times
Received Karma : 983 times

Post by Munchy »

Intrinsic wrote:...Anyway a recombination would be detectable. But the boffins concluded right off the bat (pun) it was obviously natural.
Suptn' to chew on. Even if you don't accept science religiously.
I was well aware of that the day it happened, chewed on it and spit it back out.
my feeling is that they may have been incorrect, misleading and/or under political influence.
it's not like these things have never been known to happen, or that everything said by scientists has always been correct...

just checking did you guys watch these vids, which I posted here 3 weeks ago?
I'd bet this is what Trump's talking about, and it's pretty convincing.
It's all about the science as well, so you got two sets of scientists saying two different things, and you have to ask yourself which scientist you're gonna believe.
btw, I've probably never mentioned it, and it may not count for much,
but just fyi, I was an Intelligence Analyst in the US Army.
so this first video tends to resonate with me,
like when the former CIA- trained Intelligence Officer said:
"You know I watched CNN, I watched Fox, I watched CBS, and I try to make my own assessment. a lot of the time, you can figure out what's really going on by what they're not saying. and in this case there's a lot of things not being said."
If you haven't watched these vids all the way through, please do, and if you did watch them last month, perhaps they're worth a review now:
Munchy wrote:and the following reports are very convincing regarding how the pandemic actually got started in Wuhan, not by the fall-guy meat market, but actually by the government bio-weapon lab nearby, after intentionally combining SARS with Corona and then accidentally losing containment of their result.

Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Being rural isolated I don't see much first hand. But here locally in my neighborhood the effects of the shutdown are seen. neighbor has a friend and his family moving in. Consolidating in hard times.
so they needed more storage space. we put one up yesterday. stalled waiting for roofing.
Whilst waiting and since more food will also be needed, put together 2 new raised beds in thier Garden this morning.
Shed.JPG