the study of economics...

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

ive heard it alleged that at the university level its history is no longer taught
hasn't been for about 40 years now

meaning that none of its accepted expert
have any understanding of the evolution of though and practice his field has gone through over the well documented last couple of hundred years

any cartel could explain to you what a gross exploitation this is
but their to busy taking advantage of it to bother

got into conversation recently with a fella makes his money off such things

he said i had good question but their answers required a contract them being trade secrets...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

supply and demand

Tax that!
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

the market is clearly demonstrated to responding to demand ONLY when it wants to...
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Post by Intrinsic »

What Is Economy?
An economy is a system of organizations and institutions that either facilitate or play a role in the production and distribution of goods and services in a society. Economies determine how resources are distributed among members of a society; they determine the value of goods or services; and they even determine what sorts of things can be traded or bartered for those services and goods.
https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-i ... -quiz.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Credit, debt ... Anyone who starts to talk of the economy and uses credit/debt as a resource for economy (world or locally) is trying to scam ya, or just echoing the talking points they know anything about(i.e stupid) credit/debt are at best symbolic place holder for work done or promise of work to do.
They are NOT resources to redistribute. Not part of economy.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Credit/debt affects leverage affects distribution. A basic economic principle.

You were saying?

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

Post by Lrus007 »

simple i loan you $3 on monday
then on friday when you get payed you owe me $5
prices go up from there. do not be late or it will hurt...
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

THAT isn't economics anywhere there is the rule of law...
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:Credit/debt affects leverage affects distribution. A basic economic principle.

You were saying?
I said, it is not a resource. js an abstraction, a place holder. not real. at best an imaginary resource,

Which " economic principle" the one that ignores primary resources and ONLY think economic is all about Money/finances ?
I say most self declared Economist are not about managing, optimizing resources for distribution. They're about money redistribution solely.

if ya ignore the primary resource that all other resources are derived form yer a piss poor economist that is jes out to scam peeps.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Not a resource?!?!

:facepalm:

I'm guessing you have no formal education in economics/finance.
It is very easy to google "economic principle of debt"...
https://www.google.com/search?q=economi ... irefox-b-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very, very few businesses get started without taking advantage of the economic resource known as debt.
It is the economic tool that connects people with means but no ideas, to people that have ideas but no means.

Please, I implore you, to pull your head from the MMT ass.
Those folks are completely wrong. The same as bankers who say derivatives (legalized gambling for banks) is good for the economy...or Keynesians that claim "trickle down" economics works. They sound like they're talking a good game, but it's pure bullshit that comes out of their mouths.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

No education in "economics" beyond econ101. but i do have a bachelor degree resource management (NRM). :winky:

Who or what is MMT?

Hmm i can't recall saying Credit/debt system does not have it place. jes not in economics. I'm talking about resource management. Yanno definition of Economics. not what what yer BANKERS say is economics.
Credit/debt is not a primary or secondary or even a tertiary derivative.

I did say anyone who claims to be a student of economics and says credit/debt is a resource to manage is a fool at best, a dubious source of info.

Bob FWIW i respect yer onions, 'specially on business and finance ( i assumed ya challenge my comment). That said. sooo ... what do think when you hear "economic growth" from the talking heads.
Why is it a good thing? beyond good for bankers and wealthy?

What is "economic growth"? The management of resources is growing? We doing more distribution? better distribution? We have more resources to distribute, beyond debt/credit?

Hey, maybe i'm nut, but economics should be about the optimal distribute the available resources for an better quality of life per individual. Not overall wealth for some, that would be stupid.

but if yer a banker investor/greedhead then money is the only resource that you want the public to recognizable. false info is always indicative of a scam.

Oh and about " economic resource known as debt" so a what is an economic resource???? something made up.
Not a real resource but a economic one? boy that is begging the question! :roll: