I finally got my medical exemption.

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Post by Dick Fein »

It cost me 150.00 on top of whatever my health insurance paid the doc and then the weed cost me 450.00 for 30 grams.
But according to Trudeau it's not about the money, it's about keeping kids safe.
August 24th we are supposed to have new regulations permitting home growing and it can't come quick enough for me.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

congrats! your right though, pretty spendy
Last edited by bentech on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Wow, that's a lot to pay but congratulations on getting legal. Growing your own should take the sting out of it, and as legal rec cannabis rolls out, the prices should plummet if you need to buy some.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

rodriguezsmith
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Post by rodriguezsmith »

Erm. Good for you, Dick, if you're happy.

But - without trying to be a dick or anything - does it not feel like a hollow victory? Am I presuming correctly you're only legal if you buy it expensively ffrom an approved source?

Fuck that. Have you seen some of the muppets that have posted grows on pot-sites for years and years and not been busted? If they're any indication of odds, why bloody wait? Put a bit of nouse in it and you'll probably be fine, and only need to rely on luck a little, eh?

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

No that's not correct.
I had to register with one of the approved producers for my first purchase because I receive my license with the first shipment.
The supplier I chose is a higher end supplier, but there are currently 30 others I could have selected from and I am not obligated to purchase anything else from them and probably will not.
As for taking a chance and starting early.
I could but choose not to.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

This is the company I signed up with.
https://medreleaf.com/shop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It took a week to arrive so I am just now trying it for the first time.
Stellio is what they call it and the bottle claims 25.42% THC
The taste reminds me of a Himalayan strain I used to grow called Mighty Mite.
The minimum order is 5 grams so I ordered 6 types and that must last me 2 weeks

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

The biggest upside to me of being able to legally possess and use cannabis is the selection you suddenly have access to. I grew and had good local connections when it was illegal, and I can select from ten or twenty times as many types now than I could on my best day then, and I can do this any day of the years in minutes. I'm slowly going through all the named varieties from various growers and exploring a lot of diversity. It's nice.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

rodriguezsmith
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Post by rodriguezsmith »

Yay for capitalism then, I suppose, Jez'....It's not just 3 types of the same shit marketed differently though, is it? Y'know, like bottled water purchasing being more about paying for choice than the product itself kinda-thing.

Dick Fein wrote:No that's not correct.
I had to register with one of the approved producers for my first purchase because I receive my license with the first shipment.
The supplier I chose is a higher end supplier, but there are currently 30 others I could have selected from and I am not obligated to purchase anything else from them and probably will not.
As for taking a chance and starting early.
I could but choose not to.
Ah, right. Gotcha.

Fair enough.:)

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

I really enjoyed strain #1 Stellio. Or as it is also known Kosher Kush.
I always said I would never smoke corporate dope, but evolution favors the most adaptable and that is the easiest way forward here in Canada at the moment.
Now I am on to strain #2 Alaska or Tikun Olam 23.2% w/w delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol 0% w/w cannabidiol.
The smell is slightly reminiscent of Yumboldt or Black Domina.
It went out about 10 minutes ago and I have not re-lit it.
That says something.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Andrefski wrote:Yay for capitalism then, I suppose, Jez'....It's not just 3 types of the same shit marketed differently though, is it? Y'know, like bottled water purchasing being more about paying for choice than the product itself kinda-thing.
I don't think it is three different types with several hundred names. Of course there's some of that, the naming is inevitably a marketing game. The cannabis plant like a number of other cultivated species just lends itself to a lot of different expressions. If I had to arbitrarily categorize, there are maybe 50 distinct types and some minor variations down from there. Maybe more even. I was at a party last weekend and a guy in the band gave me some bud he grew he called, Strawberry something something and my god it smells of ripe strawberries. He said it grew like a sativa--with difficulty. What other species can mimic so many other plants' fragrances? Salvias or Pelargonia perhaps.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow