Remeber Hemp Cultivation?

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Cat Jockey
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by Cat Jockey »

Anyone remember the old Hemp Cultivation forum? Dude freaked out when OG got busted, and sold it to one of the mods (I think for $30,000-$40,000) who had a bit of a meth issue, lol. There was plenty of behind the scenes drama with that site and a couple mods, lol. I got banned by St0ney after we were engaged in a political debate, lol, when it was still HC. He couldn't take it, so I fled to OG, where people could take it, lol. And proceeded to engage in no small amount of name calling with people like benny. The amount of people's dicks (republican dicks of course - and no, I am NOT political today, not one bit and do not even pay attention to any of it and haven't for years. My eye is on the Bigger Picture) he has accused me of having in my mouth, well it was a lot, lol. Now, I actually like the guy and would probably enjoy hanging out in a garden with him, smokin' a big 'ol fat bowl of some expertly grown Sweet Lady Jane, lol. Turned into Garden's Cure at some point, and I think one other name in there somewhere. Then, not too long ago, someone bought it to try to turn it into a seed selling site, and that forum DIED. Like in the span of a month or two, EVERYONE left.

HC was where LST was born, including the name, by a cat called Delta something or other. Most forum threads about LST are fuggin' wrong - people need to go to the source to understand it. His thread was in their Hall of Fame, if it still exists. It is also where the pH chart that proliferated all of the forums came from that sucks balls. It is the one with the blue and yellow type background showing vertical bars for nute uptake. It is WRONG AS FUCK. A mod named St0ney made it. He had a modest E&F garden, running BULLSHIT PBP, and couldn't figure out why he had Mg problems (PBP issue). Used epsom salts (never put this shit in yer res), consulted with an Aussie grower who had a good sized SoG op that was, umm, 'okay' I guess, and was trying to establish himself as a breeder. And then, that chart was born after his Mg 'fix'. I hate that fuggin' chart. Not because St0ney banned me, but because it is wrong as fuck, and has been posted all over the forums as THE pH CHART for weed. It ain't, lol.

I liked OG much better, anyway, and PG did a good job filling in, and there was a lot of good RDWC knowledge on the old PG that is lost. Those were the days, eh? When all of us Stoners started coming out of the closet, sharing techniques. The first time, because of the Net, that we could do that. It was cool as shit logging into OG everyday, seeing all the new threads. There was that period when the C22 cabinets became big, and you could find a new build thread everyday. And then when people like Krusty hit the boards, introducing RDWC to the growing community, well how cool was all of that kind of shit that was going on?

It is all a bit different now, isn't it? With medical and legalization, everybody fancies themselves an expert weed farmer, and the newbies of the last several years have no understanding about what it was like when that knowledge they pick up on a forum was put out for them to scoop up and consider themselves a weed farmer. No offense anyone new to this in the last few years. welcome to it, you just missed a hell of a good time that started in teh late 90's and lasted until about the time PG went down.

Those were the days, eh? My 44 year old ass is getting old, and I stared hanging out on the weeds sites when I was still in my twenties. I know I ain't the only old bastard here, lol ...
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.

-Seldom Seen Smith

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

with afew inbetweens at icmag i only ever did the overgrow and them planetganja
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Cat Jockey
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by Cat Jockey »

There is still some pretty good info on ICMag (don't know what's up with Gypsy and whether he is jail, on bail, or still on the lamb), and I drop by the Infirmary every now and again to try undo the work of the Cal/Mag cult, and explain that most of their Cal/Mag issues are pH based, and because of the stupid fuggin' chart. And then, when PBP became all the rage, Cal/Mag was necessary, because they didn't put enough of it in their shit. They even came out with their Sweet, which was nothing but Mg. Combine that with RO water on the rise (quality nutes do not need extra Cal/Mg, even with RO), and everybody thinks a bottle of Cal/Mag (which has extra N, and most users of Cal/Mag have the 'ol N burnt leaf tip and too green a leaf) ans a sack of epsom salts, and a whole bunch of pH adjuster is standard growroom supplies. If a grower has to turn to a bottle of Cal/Mag or bag of salts, they need to use a better base nute and the correct pH range, whether hydro or PPV (Perlite/Peat/Vermiculite -which is NOT dirt or soil, for it lacks clay and sand, the clay being a big part of why dirt grows want higher pH). PPV, especially if you perlite that shit up (every base PPV I have ever used I add perlite to), then you just have a handwatered, drain to waste hydro system on your hands, even if it is PPV in a Homer bucket, and should use the approrpiate pH range - that for hydro.

And look at me blathering on about all of that. Apparently I need to go smoke another bowl ...
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.

-Seldom Seen Smith

Roots

Post by Roots »

My stories about the same....DWC grower who started posting in my 20s and now in my 40s

~J

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

...even if it is PPV in a Homer bucket...
homer bucket ..... looooooooooooooooooooool

that made my day, thank you so much for this term .... hope he reads it lol
awoken the right way

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Roots wrote:My stories about the same....DWC grower who started posting in my 20s and now in my 40s

~J
Yeah, we'z old bastards now. Wouldn't go back to DWC after coco, but that's just me. It's hot here. So damned hot, I seen one of them little orange guys burst into flames! Hot I tellz ya . . . you just try growing where it's so goddamned hot your DWC roots turn into tea. Can't be fucked with rez coolers - simplicity is beauty in my old books. Simple and smart.

Simplicity = reliability = long-term average yields

And you just know krusty was my hero. Mad cunt. Arrogant fuck. Way ahead of his time. Along with everyone else he copied :wink: I mean, we all copied and added our own twist.
Licensed to Krill

Roots

Post by Roots »

I live in a place just as hot, we have week long stretchy of 110 degree days with hottest day of the year always around 115 (46.1 Celsius)
...I havn't grown inside for about 6 years, other than a clone room.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

As Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen would say: "Luxury!"

Where I used to live (and grow) was exactly like that, with week-longs above 100F in summer, tops of around 115F, and beautiful Mediterranean winters. Where I live now, the official mean average is 100F for five months of the year. For two months it's 95F. The remainder is 85-90F. Tops are around 49C - 120F. I obviously don't grow anymore :frown:

Now, "When I were a lad . . ."

:whistle:
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Jesus fuck. I can't think of anywhere but the Persian Gulf area that hot.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »