Remeber Hemp Cultivation?

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

It's true. Old Aussie homes had high roofs, shady verandahs, a stove in the middle to warm the house in winter when you cooked, and east/west, north/south etc aspect depending on the prevailing winds. They were surrounded by trees to shade the whole house, and everyone used to sleep out on the verandah in summer where it was cool.

But then of course cities evolved and we ran out of space and there was the occasional murder on the verandah, so people started sleeping inside, and then fans and aircon and it was all so much easier to build "little boxes . . . all made out of ticky-tacky" and cool them with electricity, like a refrigerator.

The most idiotic trend we have in Australia is people using black tiling on their roofs because they think it looks cool - even though it's hot as fuck. Especially inside a house where your head almost touches the ceiling.
Licensed to Krill

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1792 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Post by Intrinsic »

At lest with hot hot weather solar panels work purty good for cooling As opposed with too cold usually because of cloudy or short days.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

here is what code construction here

i toured an 19th century home in louisana that had covered porches around the whole house. inside it had a 3 story open space in the center of the house that went up to vents near the peak of the roof. just inside the house near these top vents was a series of gas burners that when lit promoted airflow up and out. very cool; cant find it on the internet now "(
Attachments
exceptional-attic-ventilation-system-2-roof-attic-ventilation-systems-515-x-377.jpg
exceptional-attic-ventilation-system-2-roof-attic-ventilation-systems-515-x-377.jpg (674.06 KiB) Viewed 778 times
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

devnull wrote:Especially mad considering how empty the place is in terms of over all population density (~3 /sq km). Image the rabbit hutches they build here, and sell for obscene money (~~250 /sq km). You shackle draggers have got it easy, or should have.
Australia is in the midst of a huge property bubble. Tax laws let you write off rental losses on investment properties, and capital gains tax is halved for real estate held more than 12 months. It's led to a ponzi scheme where punters have paid ever-increasing prices for "investment properties", not in the hope of realising high rental yields, but capital gains once they sell.

As a consequence, purchase prices are astronomical, but rents are dirt cheap. There is also the constant "housing shortage" fallacy maintained by the property spruikers to scare people (idiots) into taking out huge mortgages and buying.

In fact, the economic growth model that is western (and indeed eastern and everywhere-else-tern) capitalism is running its course because it is based on borrowing every-increasing amounts of money to pay every-increasing prices for assets.

So why are interest rates zero and most of the world now in a deflationary cycle? Because people have run out of borrowing capacity - most are mortgaged/indebted to the hilt.

Something has to give. Wages can't increase, because growth has slowed due to debt saturation leading to depreciating assets and the ever-increasing risk of defaults (bad debts). All that wealth created by borrowing is being eroded: asset prices are falling, cash is eroding (you literally have to PAY to keep money in the bank in Japan), lenders are being hit by non-repayments and those who do have money don't know what to do with it other than to chase yields by investing in stocks and property - artificially propping up these markets which are doomed to fall once people start to panic and realise they're fast running out of other punters who can afford or borrow to buy their shit for more than they paid.

Or else, they're already scared shitless and buying up bonds - which is why bond yields world-wide have plunged into almost negative territory. It's a tell-tale sign.

Most of the world's assets are also held by aging populations who are probably going to live a lot longer than they have budgeted for, leading to further sell-offs.

We are entering a period of economic stagnation - if we're lucky.

Or we could simply see a "Fight Club" style redistribution of wealth where the indebted masses simply can't or refuse to service their debts which are written off, hitting the bottom line of every private and government-backed financial institution in the world.

There are already huge problems with bad debt festering in China. Not unlike Japan's economic meltdown in the early 90s that is still dragging on today. Because the Japanese refused to write down bad debts, the nation has been in a deflationary cycle ever since...
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Intrinsic wrote:At lest with hot hot weather solar panels work purty good for cooling As opposed with too cold usually because of cloudy or short days.
Heat actually makes solar panels less efficient. It's radiation (sun's ray) that drive them. In parts of the world - especially in tropical zones - where it is often hot, humid and overcast, solar panels struggle.

You've probably heard it before: it's not the heat but humidity that's most uncomfortable. Australia's hot but mostly dry. It's actually the perfect place for solar panels. Too bad we have a fuckwit government that doesn't believe in global warming and has actually REDUCED spending on alternative energy and research rather than follow the rest of the world. We're so fucking backward in so many ways.
Licensed to Krill

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

free credit... no questions asked

Could anyone ever have imagine negative bund rates in Germany?

Not just Brexit but stocks exit for "relative" safety of paying germany to keep your assets?

the fear fleet into German Bonds.

negative equity... paid to the banks.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

Toilet paper.

Invest in toilet paper

See Venezuela

stock up on lots of toilet paper.

Trust me on this one.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

I am so convinced on the importance of Toilet Paper with the future of America and the world. After all if we had enough toilet paper the Arabs wouldn't have to use their hands. And the India Buddhists Wouldnt be spreading all them nasty river deaseases and women being raped peeing in the trees.

white toilet paper effects the mind

over comes all that dirtiness

white toilet paper for the world and all people have happy anuses

not be miserable all the time and smiling more.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

As an amateur psychological psychiatrist practictional I'd like to offer my suggestions:

#1 Leave people the fuck alone bitches!

#2 My boyfriend don't beat me cept he smoking crack so

#3 Tactical intercept ... 4 is 2 on 7 in sector 3

#4 uh? what ? Sector who?