flower garden...

The perfect place to talk fruits and veggies.
dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: skaramoosh

flower garden...

Post by dill »

i got aphids on the lupins lots and lots.. i used to scrape them of with my hands or hose them down

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

flower garden...

Post by dill »

my lupin seeds have germinated outdoors..... you have to germinate them early as they wont flower in the first season if ya dont.. they grow all green and flower in the 2nd season if you germinate them in may onwards.

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

flower garden...

Post by dill »

second season for my alliums... grew them in pots last season, still green though, but i love the fact they popped out, I get amazed every time i germinate/plant a bulb/seed and it actually grows :)

garden is still messy though.....

Seamaiden
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Banned

flower garden...

Post by Seamaiden »

I grow mostly "weeds". Seriously, ours is a new-built home, no landscaping when we moved in, ground is clay and full of rocks. So I've scratched out a few planting spots, planted mostly incense cedar (native here), a redwood and some other trees. I have tucked irises into a few places, some survive, others I chide myself for spending the money on them. I have a planter with Camellia, ferns (Japanese painted fern is my favorite), tiarella, black Mondo grass, blue fescue, Lithodora, some surviving Calibrachoa, silver or dead nettle (I can't remember what it's called exactly, just that it's a nettle) that's filling in very nicely, and apparently my Lily of the Valley bulbs were not viable. My tulips started coming up last week, and then cold, snow, rain and hail have halted their growth, though the alyssum is doing famously. Also, my Columbine are coming back up, but not all the types I planted last year so I guess I'm gonna have to have another go at them.

I have a couple of rhododendrons I want to get going, but one of them isn't looking very good at all.

A toddler at my sleeve is preventing easy upload of photos at this time. Criminy.
Theophilus Parsons in 1788 wrote:"If a juror accepts as the law that which the judge states then that juror has accepted the exercise of absolute authority of a government employee and has surrendered a power and right that once was the citizen's safeguard of liberty."

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

flower garden...

Post by dill »

made this today

iris+ roses+alium+ thistle

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

flower garden...

Post by dill »

flowers i ahve grown from seeds and bulbs...

lucifers tongue

alium ( fireworks )

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

flower garden...

Post by dill »

passion flower

dill786

flower garden...

Post by dill786 »

some tulips i planted september of last year....

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

flower garden...

Post by Intrinsic »

Dudleya cymosa (live-forever), a native species collected from the western coastal ranges.
May11Dudleya2.JPG
May11Dudleya1.JPG

dill786

flower garden...

Post by dill786 »

i am looking for (Muhlenbergia capillaris) - Pink Muhly Grass seeds !!!?

they are native to eastern america and i would like to give them a try... but cant find the seeds in UK