lets see if anyone knows !!!

The perfect place to talk fruits and veggies.
dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 955 times
Received Karma : 745 times

Post by dill786 »

no.

i didnt know that you had to, i sowed them but nothing happened...
Kuchisabishii

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Bummer.. Going 2 try to find some ! Sounds cool

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by dill786 »

cool.

whats the technique to smoke em !?!
Kuchisabishii

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

I have no clue; It is part of my search today to figure that out also haha - It's my first time ever hearing it.. These things look familiar but I couldn't really pinpoint if I had seen them or not and where.. So it's the first time seeing them also! thanks 4 the inspiration

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

I've heard of seeds needing to be digested by cows or other livestock .. I forget which in particular.

edits: I guess they make a disk you drop into water that makes a smoke like solution ** The smoke treatment is suppose 2 simulate a wildfire which is cool.

We are going to go all natur-aal ! Hopefully I don't burn anything down! (if I can find some nice seeds)
Last edited by mistergrafik on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by dill786 »

a friend of mine went to cape town south Africa for a holiday and to see family and he got them for me, i had no clue about smoking em, and neither did he. they wouldn't have grown well in the UK climate mind you unless i put it into the grow room, but are proteas photoperiod?
Kuchisabishii

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

AH man you had the legit ones... I think it would be OK to grow in the UK. Here is a bit 4 u

"The demand for Protea cut flowers in Europe peaks during the European autumn and winter, from September to February (Gerber et al., 2001a; Hettasch et al., 1997). Unlike Leucospermum (Malan and Jacobs, 1990) and Leucadendron (Hettasch and Jacobs, 2006), which are short-day plants, the underlying mechanism for floral induction in Protea has not been established."