what you gonna grow for this season !!!

The perfect place to talk fruits and veggies.
dill786

Post by dill786 »

gonna get me some butternut squash and parsley seeds on monday, i am getting itchy feet,,

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

commercial catalouges for commercial gardens

you wont find heirlooms in fancy glowing papers, id suggest youd google up some preservations projects nearby you or visit some private nurserys around your area, those can hook you up with the passionate growers
awoken the right way

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Dill, Yeah, I’ve ordered from Baker Creek before, I’m purty sure I posted some pics of their orange bell. big, not prolific but nice, I still have seeds, 2nd generation I made from ‘em. Be growing more this year.
BakerBell.JPG
BakerBell.JPG (24.52 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
SeedPackets.JPG
A couple other cool all heirloom places I use are
Seed Savers Exchange. A “non-profit seed bank” you can buy directly from them.

Sustainable Seed Co. good prices and so far good stuff.

Heirloom acres is purty good too, shipping is less then stellar. But always good germ rates and vigorous plants. Family run business.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Deran, yer right and I already done so, years ago. There are lots of little family owned nurseries in my state just now making an internet presence, usually limited choices but heirlooms not found elsewhere.
As I mention my library does a local seed bank, anyone can take seeds or leave off, all free, and has been a great way for me to get varieties proven adapted to my local climate. The cantaloupe I grow now initially came from there. And I’ve donated my chili and lettuce seeds. Its really cool. I learned other libraries doing this is not uncommon.
you wont find heirlooms in fancy glowing papers
I don’t know about that, my purple pole beans were original bought from a big commercial seed place, Burpee. A great heirloom, I love it and been growing it for many generations now.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

aloha :)

yeah, we can see strain awarness coming slowly to the end user, similiar like with ganja strains; a few years ago (maybe decades) it was hard to find those heirlooms, they are coming back, thats why you can find them today again. :)

im sure youve read that article by dj short about the sweet spots around the globe for ganja, well thats the same approach to any other kind of fruit, vegetable, bush etc ... just think about micro climates within a radius of some 20 miles / kilometers; some strains will respond better and some worse; and thats why heirlooms and local nursarys should be favored to give you a product which fits best for that area.

nothing beats the quality of homegrown (we already knew that long ago ;) ) , so im happy that those old heirlooms found a new outlook in todays world, especially the diversity and resistance that they carry along.

i learned some weeks ago, that nearly all apples found in supermarkets lack secondary nutritional values they used to have - they arent anymore that healty, aint that tragic?

i mean monsanto, terrminator genes, patenting nature, unhealty food .... where to stop ... damn world lol
awoken the right way

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Chili stash. I tried something new and froze some the hot chilies this year as opposed to drying ‘em all. I’m starting to use them up and took this pic before they’re gone. Working out ok,
Jan11Chilii.JPG
Left to right: orange habanero, Italian wax, Peruvian wax and 2 Rocotos on the bottom.
Beside the dry and frozen chilies I have butternut squash and dries herbs still eating this winter. had some pickled summer squash but eat em all already.

dill786

Post by dill786 »

^ yummy!!

i did some seed shopping, not to much just a few packs, got the inspiration for the butternut squash from intrinsics pics,, so cant wait to try them..

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

Intrinsic wrote:Chili stash. I tried something new and froze some the hot chilies this year as opposed to drying ‘em all. I’m starting to use them up and took this pic before they’re gone. Working out ok,
Jan11Chilii.JPG
Left to right: orange habanero, Italian wax, Peruvian wax and 2 Rocotos on the bottom.
Beside the dry and frozen chilies I have butternut squash and dries herbs still eating this winter. had some pickled summer squash but eat em all already.
a nice selection there of mild chillis....... :smoke:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Thanks for the back handed complement Jack. Tho you must be unfamiliar with the Peruvian wax. Jes kiddin ya, it is a very local heirloom from Peru. Milder then the habernaro. Didn’t know what to call it so I named it Peruvian wax for lack of better.

Whacha got going or planned this year? Missed yer chili lovers stuff.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

rareseeds.com publishes one of my favorite magazines!

its their catalogue
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com