Plants to fight Cancer

The perfect place to talk fruits and veggies.
FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by FAGjack »

Thought I'd do a thread with a medical slant.
Please show any plants / herbs that can help fight or prevent Cancer.
You all know I grow Chilli but here's some Rhubarb.
Attachments
Rhubarb2.jpg
Rhubarb1.jpg

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by FAGjack »

some more of it.....
Attachments
Rhubarb4.jpg
Rhubarb3.jpg

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: Have a great day!

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by Deej »

asparagus,broccoli,kale(any leafy greens)red peppers,
brightly coloured foods like butternut squash,many more
I am braindead today. :wave:

Seamaiden
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Banned

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by Seamaiden »

There is a problem with chiles, all plants from the nightshade family--solanine. It can cause some terrible problems for some people.

My tip is tomatoes. Just eat them up. Deep green leafy veggies, for your cholesterol and the properties that help fight certain cancers.

All that said, I believe we're going to learn of the role of viruses in cancer incidence soon.
Theophilus Parsons in 1788 wrote:"If a juror accepts as the law that which the judge states then that juror has accepted the exercise of absolute authority of a government employee and has surrendered a power and right that once was the citizen's safeguard of liberty."

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by Intrinsic »

Hey SeaMaiden :) Tomatoes are also in the solanaceae family along with peppers/chilies. Notice the similarities of the flowers.
Just thought to mention it.

Good idea for a thread Jack. Although I never pay too much attention to it, I just eat plenty of fresh veggies and exercise.

Seamaiden
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by Seamaiden »

Yes, and eggplants fall into that category as well. I had to give up eggplant (and a whole lotta other good veggies/legumes) during a period of time when I had a tumor that was screwing up my blood chemistry. Kidney stones (calcium oxalate crystals) exacerbated by foods high in oxalic acid.

Dark fruits are another group to be paid attention to.
Theophilus Parsons in 1788 wrote:"If a juror accepts as the law that which the judge states then that juror has accepted the exercise of absolute authority of a government employee and has surrendered a power and right that once was the citizen's safeguard of liberty."

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by FAGjack »

Intrinsic wrote: Good idea for a thread Jack. Although I never pay too much attention to it, I just eat plenty of fresh veggies and exercise.
K+ for a healthy life style but in some cases apparently its not enough.
I was recently gifted some freshly popped Money Makers......... :mrgreen:
Attachments
money maker close.jpg
money maker half dozen.jpg

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by Deej »

Yup..tomatoes/peppers etc are all in the nightshade family.
I have many ailments osteoarthitis being one & have read
I should avoid all foods from that family. But I love 'em :bigcry:

Here's some thing I found... http://www.noarthritis.com/research.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abstract
Diet appears to be a factor in the etiology of arthritis based on surveys of over 1400 volunteers during a 20-year period. Plants in the drug family, Solanaceae (nightshades) are an important causative factor in arthritis in sensitive people. This family includes potato (Solanum tuberosum L.), tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum L.), eggplant (Solanum melongena L.), tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.), and peppers (Capsicum sp.) of all kinds except the black pepper (family, Piperaceae). A buildup of cholinesterase inhibiting glycoalkaloids and steroids from consumption and/or use (tobacco) of the nightshades and from other sources such as caffeine and some pesticides (organophosphates and carbamates) may cause inflammation, muscle spasms, pain, and stiffness. Osteoarthritis appears to be a result of long-term consumption and/or use of the Solanaceae which contain naturally the active metabolite, vitamin D3, which in excess causes crippling and early disability (as seen in livestock). Rigid omission of Solanaceae, with other minor diet adjustments, has resulted in positive to marked improvement in arthritis and general health.

Have I given them up? NO! :stinkeye: I have so many food allergies that giving them up,
... would leave me w/ nothing left to eat :pullhair:

Seamaiden
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by Seamaiden »

I had to give up a lot of those foods when I still had the parathyroid tumor (killme stones, calcium oxalate, many of my favorite foods just happen to be really high in oxalic acid).

Our granddaughter is currently on a gluten-free diet with Miralax because she came to us with an undiagnosed & untreated chronic health problem (very chronic constipation with the worst rock-hard stools I have ever seen in my life). It took some sorting, but once we figured out to go wheat-free (which is much easier if you translate that into gluten-free) she's much better now and has gained a good deal of weight. Now she even has those little dimples over her butt, low on her back. She didn't have those when she came to live with us.

Sorry to read you have so many sensitivities. I suppose LEAP therapy would not suit you if you don't want to give things up. I know how hard it is, though.

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Plants to fight Cancer

Post by Deej »

I do avoid some foods..eating them is just not worth the misery :sad:

Am suppose to be tested for Celiac disease,which of course calls
for a gluten free diet.I could do that if I was told to :bannana:

The problem w/ eating the afore mentioned foods (the Nightshade family) is,
there has been no definative proof...I married an Italian & came to love almost
all Italian dishes,try to cook many of them w/o tomatoes or peppers :roll:

Basically I eat very,very healthy,always have.The foods that others are rushing out
to buy because someone told them they were good for them..I have always eaten
:lol:
Leafy greens,nuts,beans,bright fruits & veggies....my momma fed them to we kids &
I fed them to mine.My sybs & I were always healthy as were my kids.

Coming from a large family we grew a lot of our own food organically,did not know
that's what it was at the time but still... :lol: Only good old manure on the garden.

My doc once said they were the healthiest kids he had seen in his practice. :mrgreen:

I actually crave certain foods & when I do I eat what I think my body is asking for.
ie: some days I will feel real punky,kiwm? I drink a glass of V-8 & I feel better.

When pregnant I craved olives & spinache till my doc put me on iron pills :roll:
Remember those damn things ladies? :stinkeye: I'd rather eat the food. :winky:

I think most folks ,if they listen to their bodies would eat the right foods...cancer
preventing & all,I do believe that the rates for cancer have gone up due to all the
processed foods that are consumed.WE were not meant to eat that shit.

:wave: just my $.02 :toker1: