The Chilli Lovers Thread

The perfect place to talk fruits and veggies.
Seamaiden
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: Banned

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by Seamaiden »

dill wrote:they are the same seamaiden

check out the purple flower
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... purple.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i had to link it coz the forum wouldn't let me post it coz the pixels are too high lol
I can't say as I've seen the bush/tree flowering. It's on the other side of my sister's fence and grows through, that's how we got some of the peppers. Hubby tells me I took pix, but damn if I can find them anywhere on my computer.

If yours was like a bell pepper, though, then either you've got the tastebuds of my Mexican brother-in-law, or these have to be different somehow, because the ones I got definitely have heat.
Theophilus Parsons in 1788 wrote:"If a juror accepts as the law that which the judge states then that juror has accepted the exercise of absolute authority of a government employee and has surrendered a power and right that once was the citizen's safeguard of liberty."

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: skaramoosh

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by dill »

FAGjack wrote:
dill wrote:yeah i did grow the rocoto...

but there was not hotness in them atall... just tasted like a bell pepper
Maybe they're a bit like Ventura/AnchoPoblano chilli that gives more taste when dried or smoked?
Hmmmm

possibly... it tasted more like a bean than a chilli and it was not hot at all, i remember thinking that at the time LOL

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by dill »

FAGjack wrote:OK we're off again, new growth is showing on five of my top producers from last season.
I kept two Dorset Nagas, two Trinidad Scorpions and a lovely Naga Morich indoors over winter.
The bugs are still appearing too. :pullhair:
hey man..
i cant believe i missed this post and your pics LOL. my apologies..

they look great, the stem is really woody too, but yours has packed on the leaves, mine didn't have a large canopy like yours... great job !!!!

they dont grow as tall i have noticed, but you can keep that plant for a few seasons to come though if you keep on overwintering them..

chillis are perennials anyway.. just not in our climate outdoors.........

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by dill »

Seamaiden wrote: I like to use it when I make paratha (I need to figure out a gluten-free paratha recipe).
are we talking about Indian style parathas ? indian cusine !??

i eat a lot of parathas too, but they are fattening and oily but taste great with a fried egg

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by dill »

Intrinsic wrote:Dill grows some rococo peppers. Posted up some real cool pics a forum ago , Black seeds and blue flowers. His looked like it would be good growing on a trellis. :wave:
yeah, they grow better on a trellis definitely, and the leaves and stems are really thick and they are the best chilli plants to take cuttings from seriously, they root within 5 days with no peat pellets or hormone powder used, just snip it and leave cuttings submerged in a bowl of water for say 12 hours or so, and then just plant the cuttings in seedling pots and leave on the windowsill turning occasionally................

Seamaiden
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by Seamaiden »

dill wrote:
Seamaiden wrote: I like to use it when I make paratha (I need to figure out a gluten-free paratha recipe).
are we talking about Indian style parathas ? indian cusine !??

i eat a lot of parathas too, but they are fattening and oily but taste great with a fried egg
Yes, sirree we are indeed talking Indian paratha. My sister introduced me to them. Unfortunately our granddaughter can't take gluten and I'm not so good working with the substitutes just yet. JUST when I'd learned to really get them to puff up was when she moved in with us.

Wait a minute... they're fattening? :bannana:
They are awesome stoner food as far as I'm concerned. :bong4:
Theophilus Parsons in 1788 wrote:"If a juror accepts as the law that which the judge states then that juror has accepted the exercise of absolute authority of a government employee and has surrendered a power and right that once was the citizen's safeguard of liberty."

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by dill »

yeah parathas are fattening..

when i was on business in Pakistan, i used to eat two in the morning with a fried egg and this cheese like stuff called "makkan" really filling you wouldn't need to eat lunch if you had two parathas in the morning LOL.... they smear ghee on the roti ( flat bread) and that makes it oily and really tasty...... you can eat parathas with pickle too,..

the best website on the net for Indian/pakistani recipes with pics and some vids is this...

http://www.khanapakana.com/recipes.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*khanapakana means making food in urdu :)

Seamaiden
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by Seamaiden »

Why thank you, dill. :) I've been using this site: http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but I'm always down for more good tips! Once this little girl's father is back home from the navy I'll be able to start back up with the cooking and a whole bunch of other stuff that a 2yo just doesn't quite let ya do.

dill
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

The Chilli Lovers Thread

Post by dill »

rocoto taste test....

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time