1 gallon jar

Home of the hash & oil extraction faction.
bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

1 gallon jar

Post by bentech »

hey curious

anyone seen kif stick to stuff from static electricity??

like in a plastic jar?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

1 gallon jar

Post by deran »

yep

actually its sticks better - electro statically - on metal
awoken the right way

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

1 gallon jar

Post by deran »

The electrostatic collection of the resin spheres from dried marijuana plants with plenty of ripe seeds has been for hundreds of years the method indigenous people of North Africa and Lebanon have used to make hashish. Obtain a round metal can 8" or so in diameter x 3" or so in depth (the kind that cookies come in) with a smooth lid. Obtain 2 ounces of dried marijuana with plenty of ripe seeds in the tops. To remove the seeds and stems, sift the marijuana tops through a 10-hole-to-the-inch wire kitchen strainer into the can. Close the can with the lid and vigorously shake the closed can three or four times. This gives the resin spheres an excess negative charge. Let the can sit for a moment and then remove the lid. Opposites attract. The negative-charged resin spheres have been attracted to the metal surface of the can and lid which has a positive charge. Take a matchbook cover or credit card and draw the edge across the surface of the lid. Note the collected powder. Observed under 300X magnification, the collected powder from this "shake" is composed of resin spheres with an occasional non-glandular trichome. As the marijuana is shaken again and again, and more of the yellow resin spheres are removed from the plant material, the collected powder gradually becomes green-colored as the number of non-glandular trichomes increases in the collected powder. The greener the powder, the less the effect.
awoken the right way

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

1 gallon jar

Post by deran »

and this

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

come on ben, use google, dog damit :P
awoken the right way

jesus

1 gallon jar

Post by jesus »

I'm going to try and make this into shatter. So I have one more step. But I'm wary of getting my hands that sticky twice in one night.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

1 gallon jar

Post by Munchy »

what is the extra step that makes it into shatter?
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

1 gallon jar

Post by deran »

shatter is made with thc-acid

the trick is not heating / heat purging the extract, decarbed / heated extract will stay goey, acid forms crystaline structure / shatter

preassuming its a clean extraction, meaning buds will likely form easier shatter than leafs or even bigger leafs

actually its a step less
awoken the right way

jesus

1 gallon jar

Post by jesus »

deran wrote:shatter is made with thc-acid

the trick is not heating / heat purging the extract, decarbed / heated extract will stay goey, acid forms crystaline structure / shatter

preassuming its a clean extraction, meaning buds will likely form easier shatter than leafs or even bigger leafs

actually its a step less
The way I saw it done was with heat. A DeWalt heat gun.

jesus

1 gallon jar

Post by jesus »

Munchy wrote:what is the extra step that makes it into shatter?
The way I saw was parchment paper in a silicon dish, cuz it doesnt hold heat, with high heat directly applied to the top of the wax.

Right now I have a heat pad under the dish to remelt it so I can pour it onto the paper.

[image]http://i.imgur.com/XAPShVc.jpg[/image]

jesus

1 gallon jar

Post by jesus »

I have to try a slightly different method since everclear is illegal here and I dont have a heat gun, so Ill have to use a torch carefully.