CO2 Extraction

Home of the hash & oil extraction faction.
deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

CO2 Extraction

Post by deran »

yeah bob, im aware that its possible, and i know that other branches use it , like you mentioned cosmetics, food industrie and such

what i ment in the first place, i havent seen a thread or youtube video showing the hardware u need for extraction, also i didnt see that hardware producing extracts ... clubs in cali have it on their menus, but there is no online evidence how its made, therefore my best bet is that the stuff in the clubs aint real co2 oil, watchin the canna industrie getting bigger than ever (for example 200 lights warehouses for growing) it shouldnt be much of a money question (to invest) - but to make loss

and here is why

im comparing it with the alc industrie, in most countries the state has its monopol on alc production, taxing, quality control and so on - this giving us standarized products, the same bottle of the stuff bought somewhere else will be just the same, so far so good - but there are some countries where you are allowed to destill alc , its not taxed and not controlled by the state ; many would think now that this homebrew is of lower quality - but its just the opposite - those private destillers have a better technique and more knowledge and make a better product that the state-produced stuff

same as homegrowing - i use to take my own weed when i visit holland - for obvious reasons : my weed is better, and yours most likely too that stuff sold in coffeeshops

now take that coffeeshop and alc analogy to the clubs - its just about the money, no quality control, no background about its production, and so on ... that staff in the clubs arent growers or ganja freaks - those are simple salesmen, selling you anything just to fill the bill, and why should somebody sell a product for 20 bucks if it can get 60 with a "new name" .... just look at all the overhyped kushes ... kinda funny, but actually its just sad; and to my belief the same is happening with co2 extract

its still a grey / shady area, and you need to keep risks at minimum (read: its better / cheaper to invest into some gallons of butane, than to invest some 10 or 100 grand for a big "engine" which might in the worst case get confiscated or even worse destroyed by feds)

im sure there are co2 extracts out there, but those tiny litte samples are mostly done by freaks working in another buizz (not weed) and use their hi pressure fluid co2 machine at their workplace some overtime, when the boss and other employes already left the company late at nite; similiar to all those uncle festers out there who used some lab equipment for something else than just growing some bacterias
awoken the right way

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1318 times
Received Karma : 921 times

CO2 Extraction

Post by Butcher Bob »

Indeed, I getcha aboot the marketin ploy...definitely gonna find that shit goin on.

I don't think ya find much canna related stuff due to legalities & scarcity of the equipment needed...folks don't wanna jeopardize themselves, or the actual owner of the equipment.

The folks I've seen playin around with it ain't money grubbers...they tend to be folks into the medicinal aspects. The money grubbers tend to find the process too difficult and/or too expensive.

Hashcraver
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Hash lover

CO2 Extraction

Post by Hashcraver »

Yep way to expensive to just play with. I was able to meet some folks that make the equipment. Not cheap at all.

Happy New Years Bob and crew
Do unto others first, and then run.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

CO2 Extraction

Post by Dick Fein »

I see what you mean.
http://ledab.ca/extractors/co2-extractors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

CO2 Extraction

Post by bentech »

do you think those represent the smallest scale on which this is done?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

CO2 Extraction

Post by Dick Fein »

They are the first commercially available units I have seen but I suspect they are the smallest.
They look nothing like the one I visualized trying to build.
Of course that is not surprising.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

CO2 Extraction

Post by Dick Fein »

It is interesting to note that while production of oil is now permitted in Canada, you are not allowed to use volatile chemicals in the process.
Just last week an idiot with one of the dispensaries blew off all his fingers doing an extraction indoors.
An innocent pedestrian was almost struck by a couch that was ejected from the building.
https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016 ... osion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Roots

CO2 Extraction

Post by Roots »

I've smoked lots of Co2 oil and I'm no fan of it....it lacks flavor compared to other extracts made with the same material.

Rosin also lacks flavor but is what everyone is into now.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

CO2 Extraction

Post by Jesús Malverde »

The more concentrated, the less interesting past a certain point. For me that point is good hashish.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

CO2 Extraction

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Arguing with a concentrate lover can sometimes be like arguing with someone who thinks that Everclear is always twice as good as a fine whisky. You just can't talk sense to them at all.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow