Honey Oil

Home of the hash & oil extraction faction.
Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Honey Oil

Post by Dick Fein »

I finally tried something they called earwax that was processed in a vacuum chamber. I did not really notice much difference except in texture.
As to your question Ben, the brand of butane I used came with a number of different adaptors and I drilled a hole in the cap which gave a tight fit and then used silicone to cement it in place.
Prior to my using foil tape on both ends I was losing quite a bit of butane to leakage but enough was passing through as a liquid that it still worked.
I can see how threaded end caps perhaps with teflon tape would be much more efficient and perhaps safer.
Once the butane evaporated I used alcohol to get it out of the jar and a shot glass to cook off the alcohol.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Honey Oil

Post by bentech »

i like the glass piece he uses
amazing that coffee filters which rubberbands works
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Honey Oil

Post by Dick Fein »

I was only able to watch part of it so far.
Why did he put the alcohol solution in the freezer for 12 hrs. ?
That is a nice little glass tube but it is only usefull if you are using nuggets rather than trim.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Honey Oil

Post by deran »

Dick Fein wrote:I was only able to watch part of it so far.
Why did he put the alcohol solution in the freezer for 12 hrs. ?
That is a nice little glass tube but it is only usefull if you are using nuggets rather than trim.
freezing clupms together the waxes , they can be filtered off with a coffee filter within a freezing environment, thus giving you a cleaner concentrate, also called absolute

this russian guy over at icfag, jump, has a nice pictorial over there, called absolute amber from silver lady boys, or something like that

butane extracts also the waxes, which you dont want in your lungs ... and by this easy method - winterization - u r more medicinal lol
awoken the right way

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Honey Oil

Post by Dick Fein »

I don't see any evidence that freezing has any impact on the final product. But if you can show me some evidence, please do.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Honey Oil

Post by deran »

youve missunderstood me, sorry

you dont freez the final product, its a bystep, thats what you see in the video above when he pours cold alcohol into the butane concentrate mix

alcohol, helps to further wash out the butane, but it freezes the waxes too, those clump together in the alc + concentrate solution, those waxes are then filtered away
awoken the right way

Zazzas
some karma
some karma

Honey Oil

Post by Zazzas »

I haven't tried honey oil, but I recently found an article http://www.ncsm.nl/english/diy/make-bho-wax-and-shatter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on the Internet about how to cook it. I want to try to cook it. My friends told me a lot about this. I think it's a good idea to cook honey, but I know that there are many different ways. How do you cook it? How long does it take and what stain of marijuana is better to use?