what sweet cleaning technique...

Stoner ramblings. Totally made up fictional shit that nobody means at all but is exercising their imaginations.
rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

you use on the old glass?

ive seen some that just laughed at rubbing alcohol

never went further with solvents,
or buying a named product
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Oldjoints
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 23 times
Received Karma : 186 times

Post by Oldjoints »

There are several solutions that I have heard work like
Formula 420 or Orange Chronic but if you want a home solution and just doing a smaller piece take a quart and a half or 2 quart pan or whatever and fill it about half full of water put about a cup or so of isopropyl in it place your piece in and let it boil for awhile or until it boils down to the pipe. Use tongs to get it out or it will burn the hell out of you. Rinse with water, clean what little it didn’t get with a pipe cleaner or q-tips and it will sparkle like new. Cleaning it with q-tips works easier if you do it while still hot and use isopropyl.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

if it is lime scale on the glass use CLR.
was only way to get bottom of roor to look
like new.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Most of the glass folks use ISO...often.
For a built up grunge, add salt...the coarser, the better. Fill the smoking utensil aboot half way and shake, shake, shake. The ISO acts as the solvent, and the salt acts as an abrasive for heavy deposits. Some folks boil out the heavy deposits, but I always preferred the salt/ISO combo. When clean, run hot water through to get rid of the ISO smell.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

I use throttle body and carb cleaner. Hot soapy water after. Thorough rinse. I use alcohol.too Methanol ginnins from the still also work well

webeblzr
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 134 times
Received Karma : 174 times

Post by webeblzr »

When we turn some of our Montmorency Cherries into jelly, part of it, is to boil the jars. We have a well, so water hardness can make ugly spots, on the jars, or in the pot. A 1/2 cup of 5% vinegar, makes them non existent.
So when I clean glass, I add some some vinegar with isopropyl, does the trick. To much built up shit on it, throw a table spoon of chunk salt, after it soaks a while, then shaking it rubs a lot of the build off.