Anti-vaxx Chronicles

The place to share your thought provocations
User avatar
Butcher Bob
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 202 times
Posts: 2579
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:18 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:10 pm
You took that single sentence out of context from the question answered and falsely presented as an absolute, specious cherrypicking where Roots schooled you on.
Well let's just broaden that up, shall we...
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:00 am
What does the booster do? It prevents people from dying in hospitals and reduces transmission by some measure. You might still catch COVID-19, but if you’re home sick with flu-like symptoms and nothing more, that sure as hell beats being intubated in a hospital as your organs shut down. Should be pretty freakin’ obvious. 
There's the whole paragraph.....you were saying? :whistle:
"vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether..."
You know full well that fully vax'd folks are still getting covid.
Yes they're called breakout cases...
Point?

<in my best Nelson voice>
HA Ha...you were "protected", but you got it anyways. :nutkick:

User avatar
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Awesome Karma Dude
Awesome Karma Dude
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 167 times
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:32 pm
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:07 am
Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:39 pm


Yes, keep ignoring this as well...
https://c19early.com/
:facepalm:
Haha good one. Oh wait you're serious.

Are you claiming that there are reliable papers or even sources anywhere in that data base that has shown Ivermectin an effective treatment for covid-19?
Prehaps you like to go through some of those 66 "peer-reviewed" papers yourself, as I have, before answering.
Don't need to...I'm just providing evidence that your claim is incorrect...
viewtopic.php?p=172346#p172346
...again.

Pick away. :tup:


If it refutes my claim, why not answer the question? Damn your tricky Bob, or I'm clumsy. A logic trap.

Ahhh you mean the link that you put in there too attack prawn' argument about integrity and journalism? The one at the bottom that leads to a fictitious database.

If yer best woo was representative of the others you presented... hmmmmm

That old: Pesented wall of woo that takes longer to debunk then it does to create it.

User avatar
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Awesome Karma Dude
Awesome Karma Dude
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 167 times
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:52 pm
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:10 pm
You took that single sentence out of context from the question answered and falsely presented as an absolute, specious cherrypicking where Roots schooled you on.
Well let's just broaden that up, shall we...
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:00 am
What does the booster do? It prevents people from dying in hospitals and reduces transmission by some measure. You might still catch COVID-19, but if you’re home sick with flu-like symptoms and nothing more, that sure as hell beats being intubated in a hospital as your organs shut down. Should be pretty freakin’ obvious. 
There's the whole paragraph.....you were saying? :whistle:
"vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether..."
You know full well that fully vax'd folks are still getting covid.
Yes they're called breakout cases...
Point?

<in my best Nelson voice>
HA Ha...you were "protected", but you got it anyways. :nutkick:
Apples and oranges. You're confusing individuals with populations.

User avatar
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Awesome Karma Dude
Awesome Karma Dude
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 167 times
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Point?....
you tried this before, that's why I put at the bottom "in conclusion..." so you know what the point is. :popcorn: carry on.

User avatar
rSin
Awesome Karma Dude
Awesome Karma Dude
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Location: neck deep
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 104 times
Posts: 5008
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by rSin »

Scientists mystified, wary, as Africa avoids COVID disaster

Fewer than 6% of people in Africa are vaccinated. For months, the WHO has described Africa as “one of the least affected regions in the world” in its weekly pandemic reports.


Cheng reported from London. Rahim Faiez in Islamabad, Pakistan, and Chinedu Asadu in Lagos contributed to this report.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 172eb01a2f
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

User avatar
Butcher Bob
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 202 times
Posts: 2579
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:18 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:15 pm
If it refutes my claim, why not answer the question?
Your question has been answered, and the evidence laid at your feet.
Feel free to critique the various meta-analysis's cited...
...maybe you are smarter than the folks that did them. :p

Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:20 pm
Apples and oranges. You're confusing individuals with populations.
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:35 pm
you tried this before, that's why I put at the bottom "in conclusion..." so you know what the point is.
Oh really?...
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:10 pm
"vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether..."
You know full well that fully vax'd folks are still getting covid.
Conclusion your statements about equal transmission were wrong. Jes Woo woo.
COVID-19 outbreak at Connecticut nursing home kills 8, infects 89
Eight residents at a Connecticut nursing home have died in a COVID-19 outbreak at the facility in less than seven weeks...
Sixty-seven residents and 22 staffers at Geer Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in North Canaan have tested positive for the virus since Sept. 30...
Of the 89 people infected, 87 staffers and residents were fully vaccinated at the nursing home, which houses only 70 residents...
“In addition, we are proud that 99% of our staff have chosen to become vaccinated, unfortunately, none of this is a guarantee — there are reports of vaccinated individuals testing positive for Covid.”

https://nypost.com/2021/11/16/covid-19- ... sing-home/

100% Vaccinated and Christmas Canceling Surge: The Gibraltar Situation
...Gibraltar is the most protected place on the planet as 100% of its population have been immunized against COVID-19...
But in a situation that seems to play out over and over despite full vaccination, a serious surge of SARS-CoV-2 infections has Gibraltarians canceling Christmas events as residents are “strongly” discouraged from having guests over despite universal vaccination status. This is due to a government edict that started when a few breakthrough cases quickly “became even more exponential in the last few days,” leading to re-activated public health rules to stop transmission.

https://trialsitenews.com/100-vaccinate ... situation/

Whoopsie :whistle:

User avatar
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Awesome Karma Dude
Awesome Karma Dude
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 167 times
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:15 am
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:15 pm
If it refutes my claim, why not answer the question?
Your question has been answered, and the evidence laid at your feet.
Feel free to critique the various meta-analysis's cited...
...maybe you are smarter than the folks that did them. :p
Nup, not even close. You don't don`t get it.
https://c19early.com/
goes to a fictitious database. There are none, zero, zilch, nada Ivermectin reliable studies anywhere in that link/database, as a matter of fact there's a lot of fabricated "studies" and bogus graphs compiling bogus papers.
Intrinsic wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:01 pm
And I claim there are no reliable studies showing any positive effectiveness of ivermectin on coviid19.
Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:39 pm
Yes, keep ignoring this as well...
https://c19early.com/
:facepalm:
First ya use the fictitious database to make your point on ethics in journalism with Prawn. (Doesn't even see the irony in it.)
Then to make a lying claim for Ivermectin using the same fictitious database. Clearly you never checked your source. Begs the question just where did you get that link from? And why do you keep spreading fake information, enabling the anti-vaxxers?

Would you like me to provide you a list of Real and reliable scientists critiquing your "meta database"? It's all over the web. As a seeker truth yanno you could, should fact check your own.

My claim stands
Intrinsic wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:01 pm
And I claim there are no reliable studies showing any positive effectiveness of ivermectin on coviid19.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09 ... vermectin/
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... treat-cov/
https://www.sciencealert.com/ivermectin ... 19-science

User avatar
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Awesome Karma Dude
Awesome Karma Dude
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 167 times
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:15 am
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:20 pm
Apples and oranges. You're confusing individuals with populations.
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:35 pm
you tried this before, that's why I put at the bottom "in conclusion..." so you know what the point is.
Oh really?...
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:10 pm
"vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether..."
You know full well that fully vax'd folks are still getting covid.
Conclusion your statements about equal transmission were wrong. Jes Woo woo.
COVID-19 outbreak at Connecticut nursing home kills 8, infects 89
Eight residents at a Connecticut nursing home have died in a COVID-19 outbreak at the facility in less than seven weeks...
Sixty-seven residents and 22 staffers at Geer Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in North Canaan have tested positive for the virus since Sept. 30...
Of the 89 people infected, 87 staffers and residents were fully vaccinated at the nursing home, which houses only 70 residents...
“In addition, we are proud that 99% of our staff have chosen to become vaccinated, unfortunately, none of this is a guarantee — there are reports of vaccinated individuals testing positive for Covid.”

https://nypost.com/2021/11/16/covid-19- ... sing-home/

100% Vaccinated and Christmas Canceling Surge: The Gibraltar Situation
...Gibraltar is the most protected place on the planet as 100% of its population have been immunized against COVID-19...
But in a situation that seems to play out over and over despite full vaccination, a serious surge of SARS-CoV-2 infections has Gibraltarians canceling Christmas events as residents are “strongly” discouraged from having guests over despite universal vaccination status. This is due to a government edict that started when a few breakthrough cases quickly “became even more exponential in the last few days,” leading to re-activated public health rules to stop transmission.

https://trialsitenews.com/100-vaccinate ... situation/

Whoopsie :whistle:
Whoopsie what???

Damn that's tragic.
I guess I'm too stupid , you're going to have to walk me through how that shows that transmission between unvax groups and vaccinated groups are identical.
I'd be real interested to see how you do that since there are no contact tracing data anywhere in there for transmission analysis.


Edit: I just noticed you cherry-pick the quote on my conclusion to make it look like the argument was about vaxx folk getting covid, it's not it's about transmission rates between two groups in a population. Disingenuous.

User avatar
Butcher Bob
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 202 times
Posts: 2579
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:18 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:51 pm
https://c19early.com/
goes to a fictitious database.
Let's assume you are correct aboot that.
The possibility is why I reference multiple sources.
Care to take a crack at these?...
Here's a meta analysis of 18 studies:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/
"Conclusions: Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified."
So a positive conclusion.

Here's a meta analysis of 24 studies:
https://journals.lww.com/americantherap ... _of.7.aspx
"Conclusions: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally."
So another positive conclusion.

Here's a meta analysis of 49 studies:
https://kitasato-infection-control.info ... 0406_e.pdf
"Conclusion - Ivermectin is an effective treatment for COVID-19. The probability that an ineffective treatment
generated results as positive as the 49 studies to date is estimated to be 1 in 563 trillion (p =
0.000000000000002). As expected for an effective treatment, early treatment is more successful,
with an estimated reduction of 80% in the effect measured using a random effects meta-analysis,
RR 0.20 [0.09-0.41]."
So another positive conclusion.


Intrinsic wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:10 pm
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:10 pm
"vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether..."
You know full well that fully vax'd folks are still getting covid.
Conclusion your statements about equal transmission were wrong. Jes Woo woo.
I guess I'm too stupid , you're going to have to walk me through how that shows that transmission between unvax groups and vaccinated groups are identical.

Edit: I just noticed you cherry-pick the quote on my conclusion to make it look like the argument was about vaxx folk getting covid, it's not it's about transmission rates between two groups in a population. Disingenuous.
Stop twisting...this is aboot you making an absolute statement that is incorrect.

I didn't cherry pick...I critiqued your whole paragraph...
Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:39 pm
Intrinsic wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:53 pm
"the vaccines do not protect you from getting/spreading the virus, 
Vaxx don't protect one from getting the virus. vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether and thus reduce transmission. That's what efficacy means for covid19. And last i read moderna is stiill at 90 percent effectiveness from alpha 6 months in and at worst 35% against Delta.. With of course now we know the added bonus of mitigating break out cases.
Not sure what you're on aboot in this bit, but I see some problematic statements...

"vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether..."
You know full well that fully vax'd folks are still getting covid.

"...and thus reduce transmission."
The Harvard study you are refusing to acknowledge would appear to indicate otherwise.

"And last i read moderna is stiill at 90 percent effectiveness from alpha...
You state this like it means something. Last I saw, 100% of new cases in both the US and UK are delta.
You very clearly make the claim...
"vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether..."
...which those articles clearly show is false. :wink:

User avatar
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Awesome Karma Dude
Awesome Karma Dude
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 167 times
Posts: 5407
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:51 am

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Oboy you just don't learn. apples and oranges. I'm comparing populations, yer comparing individuals. the vaccines keeps a percentage of the population from getting the virus all together.
By Your logic every vaxx person that didn't get covid-19, therfor never got exposed to the virus. well me and my neighbors are the exception to that woo. We three vaxx are exposed to the virus weekly here. covid free still. The vaccine had protectesd us from getting the disease alltogether. In One of the highest Counties ,#15, in infection rates and the lowest in vaccinations % in California. (MAGA land)

But that is all deflection on your part so as to avoid defending your statement in question, that there is equal transmission among the unvax population and the vax population, which is not true ,so I understand why you keep deflecting.

Still deflecting and spreading horse paste misinformation. I debunked the single link you presented to me, presumably your best. So fuck no I don't care to waste my time on yet more of Yer proven woo. You challenged my claim, it's up to you to present one reliable study on horse paste without the woo woo links. Not me continually debunking your woo.

Post Reply