Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Sally
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 58 times
Received Karma : 54 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Sally »

The last vid rant... speaking of stupid.. I was wating for an introduction to talk about Game Theory.

The game is to survive covid19 disease and remove it's lockdown restrictions. This is defined as a simple game. That is there are a finite outcomes.

Let us suppose you don't want to take the vaccine.
Further suppose you accept a personal threat from covid-19.

Then your optimal game plan is get as many people around you vaccinated. Thus minimizing you from potential encounters with the infected. Less need for restrictions or mandates.

That is the optimal strategy for the highesy possible personal outcome of surviving the disease, removing lockdown restrictions.

It would be against your unnvaxed interest to have more unvaccinated around.
Or against your unnvaxed's interests to spread misinformation (or valid information) keeping people from getting vaccinated.

Otherwise that would be a less than optimal personal strategy (Stupid).

From a Game Theory perspective.
“a mathematician who is not also something of a poet will never be a perfect mathematician.” ~ Karl Weierstrass

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 930 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Roots wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:47 pm
When you take things literal like Bob is trying to do with Intrinsic...
It's not a difference of syntax...it's a matter of truthfulness.

"The situation is so clear, the data affirm, if you get vaccinated you are protected, even with the delta variant."
Dr. Fauci

Yet we know that not to be true...

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

So putting that idea in folks' heads is dangerous and irresponsible.
Given what we know, it would appear that Fauci is being political rather than doing his job, is putting people's lives at risk rather than saving them, and is lying repeatedly.

If you're not interested in getting at the truth, perhaps you should go back to feeding from your trough. :p

Roots

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Roots »

My toothpaste has made the claim it PROTECTS against tooth decay for the last 50 years....that doesn’t mean the guard or shield it provides is impenetrable.

Protection doesn’t imply foolproof, there is definitely levels of protection.

If my job is to PROTECT the QB and I give up 1 sack every 100 snaps, I would be considered great at my job....If someone asked me what I did this last season I’m going to say “Protected the QB” not “Protected the QB most of the time”

The vaccine protects you against Covid......the level of protection isn’t fully known yet but definitely enough to make the claim it protects.

If a simpleton thinks he means foolproof protection that’s on them because clearly Fucci has acknowledged the fact vaccinated people have died from Covid.

Waste of time...

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Mister Grafik »

260745737_1967059320131698_5767753330075656373_n.jpg
.: the underdog is my dawg :.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 930 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

You didn't watch the video did you Roots... :facepalm: ...

"If you're vaccinated, you don't have a risk, and that's the reason we say it's as simple as black and white. You're vaccinated you're safe, you're unvaccinated you're at risk, simple as that."
Dr. Fauci

Do you think it wise for the president's chief medical advisor to tell the public such things? :whistle:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1797 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Fauci: If You’re Vaccinated, You’re Safe. If You’re Not, You’re At Risk
Yup

Roots

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Roots »

Same interview

"If you look at the people who are vaccinated, they are safer, their risk is extremely low."

Sound bites and talking points are great but context matters.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1797 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Reading and reading comprehension required.
Full transcript:
https://www.msnbc.com/transcripts/trans ... 1-n1272081

ANTHONY FAUCI, DIRECTOR, NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ALLERGY AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES: I`m quite concerned at states and people who don`t get vaccinated, Chris. The situation is so clear. The data affirm. If you get vaccinated, you are protected, even with the Delta variant, which by the way, has a greater capacity to spread from person to person. And when you`re infected, it has a greater likelihood of giving you serious disease. We know that as a fact, from our own country, but particularly from the experience in the U.K.

The vaccines we have do protect well against the Delta variant. So, if ever there was a reason to get vaccinated is right now because we`re seeing this Delta variant double every two weeks. We`re up to 20.6 percent of the isolates now, or Delta variance. A few weeks ago, it was like two or three or four percent. So, we`ve got to get the job done.
I mean, it`s really unfortunate and somewhat puzzling when the data are right in front of you and you know exactly what you need to do to protect against these types of numbers, which you showed on the screen, and yet some people still not getting vaccinated. That is very frustrating.

HAYES: Yes. I mean, I guess the question is what to do about it, right? So, one of the things I think that is important in predicate terms of risk here is that there`s a kind of -- there`s two parts of the risk, right? There`s vaccination, and your -- and your health and age profile, and then there`s a rate of community transmission. But once community transmission starts going up, you know, your risk is going up. That`s true even for vaccinated people, but really true for young non-vaccinated people, I think, who a lot of have felt fairly immune from this or fairly, you know, in these places. Like, we saw in the U.K. We saw hospitalization among young people go up in a way that was really quite distinct and worrying.
FAUCI: Right. Well, first of all, you know, we are doing very well among people who are -- who are adults. I mean, if you look at 30 and over, we have greater than 70 percent of those people have at least one dose of a vaccine. So, that group were doing well.
HAYES: That`s interesting.
FAUCI: But you`re absolutely correct, Chris. Yes, you`re absolutely correct. We need to focus on the 18 to 26-year-olds because that`s the group that in England, you`re absolutely correct, if you look at the Delta variant that has now surged in England, it`s predominantly among younger people. So, you know, it`s kind of a mixed bag. If you look at the totality of the picture, the emphasis on vaccination that President Biden has made has been, quite frankly, overall very successful.

We`re almost at the 70 percent of vaccination with one dose of adults when we reach the Fourth of July. If we don`t get it by then we`re going to get it within a week or so. But we don`t want to stop there. That`s an aspirational goal. The goal line is crushing the virus with as many vaccinations as you possibly can.

HAYES: Yes. And I just think this is where there`s two worlds that spool out before us which is, look, I`ve had you on the program many times now. I`ve been covering this as a just a journalist and not a public health expert for whatever, 15, 16 months. But I know one thing. It`s either going down or going up. The virus goes in one direction. Like, it`s really growing or it`s shrinking. Everything curves.
And so, when you start to see growing, then you start to think of a future in which the thing bops around in communities of low vaccination rates, sort of keeping this community transmission, maybe further mutations. And we also know what the last winter was like. And the difference between -- right? I mean, am I wrong about that? The difference between a fully vaccinated country and not going into the winter is massive.
FAUCI: Well, it`s important if you`re not vaccinated, if you look at the people, the states, the cities, the counties that are highly vaccinated, they`re safe. Their risk is extremely low. What we worry about other states you put up on the screen, and the people in those states who are at risk for a variant that`s quite problematic. That`s the -- that`s the situation, Chris.

If you`re vaccinated, you don`t have a risk. And that`s the reason why we say it`s as simple as black and white. You`re vaccinated, you`re safe, you`re unvaccinated, you`re at risk. Simple as that.

HAYES: You know, the data you just mentioned, I hadn`t seen broken out and it might be because the I got to say, the CDC data dashboard on this has gotten very good and I just might not have gotten through it. But you said, seven -- if you just take adult 30 and over, that you`re in the -- you reached that threshold, right, 70 percent with at least one shot. So, that really speaks to me that there really is a demographic group here that there has to be some messaging focus on. I mean, I don`t know what that looks like, but that seems like pretty important.
FAUCI: And that`s what we are doing, Chris. I mean, when you talk about our famous basketball analogies that we play with each other back and forth, this is a full-court press time. I mean, this is doing things -- I`ve been on TikTok with young people. I`ve gone with Mayor Bowser at knocking on doors. I was talking to the Conference of Mayors today of getting the mayor`s out in the streets, getting their constituents vaccinated, particularly concentrating on that younger demographic between 18 and 30 -- and 26, excuse me.
HAYES: What is the -- what`s the cost look like -- I mean, this -- so, we`ve got the Delta variant bopping around. The other thing I keep thinking about is this -- you know, this variant really does seem very distinct. We`ve had other previous iterations. But just the transmission, the mutation risk as we go forward, right? The question of whether this is something that we like, suppress and kill off or in sort of snuffed out both here in the U.S. and globally or we basically end up with this unending chain of mutations bopping around all the time, which is like almost too awful to contemplate.

FAUCI: Yes, Chris, you said it well. It can be said really simply. Viruses don`t mutate if they don`t replicate. So, if you stop the transmission and the replication, you`re not going to get any more mutations. If you allow the virus to spread and replicate, then you give it an opportunity to mutate. And that`s the reason why we have to shut it down. Shut it down throughout the country, in all age groups.

HAYES: Final question kids over 12, I think, right, are under the emergency use authorization for at least one of the vaccines. Do we have any thought of that age dropping down? Any timeline for that?
FAUCI: Oh, absolutely, Chris. We`re doing studies right now in children from 12 to nine, and then from nine to six, and then from six to two. They`re called age deescalation studies. We`re in the middle of that now. We anticipate by the time we get into the fall and early winter, we will have the capability because of the knowledge that we`ve generated to vaccinate children of most any age.
HAYES: That`s fair. That`s I think the most specific and concrete I`ve heard that said so far. That`s very encouraging.