Drenched with roundup right before harvest?!??!

The place to share your thought provocations
bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

what the fuck???

Crops Are Drenched with Monsanto Roundup Pesticide Right Before Harvest

By Washington's Blog
November 17, 2014

Roundup Is Dumped On Crops Right BEFORE Harvest … to Save a Buck

Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide (technically known as “glyphosate”) has been linked to many diseases.

However, farmers appear to be dumping it on crops right before harvest.

Specifically, Monsanto International published a paper in 2010 touting the application of Roundup to kill crops right before harvest, in order to dry out the crops in advance and produce a more uniform and earlier harvest (starting on page 28):

Benefits of using glyphosate:

Uneven maturity and green tissue delays harvest. Spraying glyphosate desiccates green foliage & stems. The photograph (below left) shows the uniform dessication of sunflower by the use of glyphosate (Roundup Bioaktiv) applied by helicopter in Hungary (Czepó, 2009a). The photograph (below right) shows complete foliar desiccation of grain maize on the right side 14 days after application of glyphosate (Roundup Bioaktiv) at 0.54kg ae/ ha in 7 0L/ ha applied by helicopter using Reglojet nozzles and including Bandrift Plus at 0.1 % at 34% grain moisture in Hungary, with the untreated visible on the left-hand side.

Lower drying costs

Monsanto trials in Hungary on grain maize and sunflower clearly show the effect of the use of glyphosate on % grain moisture ….

At harvest glyphosate treated maize had moisture content some 4% lower than untreated maize. Glyphosate treated sunflower seed moisture was 10+°/0 lower than untreated sunflower. Treated grain was at 19 and 7% respectively in these trials.

The requirement to further dry the seed/ grain to 14-16% for stable storage of maize, or 8-10% for sunflower, was thus either reduced or eliminated.

Earlier harvest to get higher price

Harvest management is an important management technique enabling earlier harvest, particularly important for the ‘stay-green’ hybrids. Increased levels of ‘stay-green’ trait may result in such desiccation practice becoming ever more common in sunflowers (Larson et al, 2008). Some commercial trials on grain maize in Hungary, as above, commented on earlier harvest bringing a higher price. Work on sunflower in by North Dakota State University department of Plant Science show that glyphosate brought harvest earlier by 5-10 days (Howatt, 2007). Sunflower harvest was brought forward 2-3 weeks by glyphosate treatment in Hungary (Monsanto, 2009a).

By bringing harvest date forward 2-3 weeks growers can more often meet the optimum planting date for winter wheat establishment so maximising yield (Czepó, 2009b).

Given that enough Roundup is applied to full-grown plants to completely kill them, much higher quantities of Roundup are obviously being applied than would be required simply to keep away insects (while keeping the plants alive).

Similarly, the plants don’t have time to metabolize or otherwise get rid of the Roundup, and there is not time for rains to wash away the Roundup before harvest. Instead, Roundup is dumped on the plants to dry them out, and then they are immediately harvested … with high levels of Roundup still present.

Big agribusiness may save a buck … but we may all be paying with our health.

H/t Dr. Stephanie Seneff.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/crops-are- ... st/5414576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

jesus

Post by jesus »

bentech wrote:so, your crying because im NOT pasting a pages long article in here
or in threads where the information is pertinent?
Who is crying? I'm just pointing out that youre exactly the religious fundamentalist you keep railing against. This is just the latest example of your Jehovahs Witnesscism. I mean how many doors are you going to knock on in here?

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

hardly
your just another of our copious weaklings afraid of the conversations which follows the insertions of ALL the facts and data into the debate

a fundamentalists is insistant on control and outcome

im merely in the business of offering the REST of the story for those who would like it before they make up their minds
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

jesus

Post by jesus »

yeah ben thats it, everyone who has anything negative to say about all the drivel you post is just afraid...like always

youre a fundamentalist and you know it, stick that in your cognitive dissonance and smoke it

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

fundamentalism has an aim i decidedly do not share
and i continually evolve away from it whenever enlightened

given i was brought up and trained by fundamentalists
i use alot ot the same tools they do

but you have to really fear discussing the issues point by point to be satisfied with that as your answer to challenges

challenges i contend your "avoiding at all costs"

knowing without looking the responses actually'd demanded afterwards
would be uncomfortable

as to the roundup spraying pre harvest

the "capitalist" will inform you that their reaping machines get a higher percentage of the product to market if theyre run through fields of dead and partly dried crop, as opposed to if you did it when they where green
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

evil knows no stupidity. Save the world by flooding it with a pesticide.

Vote for me as senator and I will pass a law requiring all legislators to answer the question on their license applications. "Do you have a second head growing out of your ass?"

Paid for by the committee to elect me as senator.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.