Another spider mite question...

Insect control and prevention, plant diseases, PH issues, nutrient deficiencies and other plant problems. Problems with your plants? Ask here,share advice.
LabRat

Post by LabRat »

My last 2 grows had the Borg which I had used some spray from WalMart. The spray was supposed to be "veggie safe" after a few days (and it didn't seem to kill me) but it didn't seem to really eradicate the little bastards much in my small closet grow (4' x 4'). I know all the proper poisons to kill them but I have this question: my closet and room have not had any kind of plants close to it since December--will that time, with nothing for them to eat, kill them? I'm getting low and need to set up and new grow--do I really absolutely need to get some STUFF (I forget the stuff that will eradicate them from eBay), or will time allow the little bastards to die off?

Also-they caught my babies when I sat my plants out in my outside veggie garden so I don't think they have any way to eat inside my house without a pot grow. Just wonder if they will die off if I let them die naturally.

Thanks! :rollitiup:

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

LabRat wrote:...or will time allow the little bastards to die off?
In my experience, yes.

I had an infestation last year. Kept them down with pyrethrin sprays & high humidity until harvest then cleaned down and left the space vacant for a couple of months. They didn't come back when I started plants off in the space again.

I think as long as you've left enough time for any eggs to hatch and the mites to die of starvation, you'll be OK.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

the stuff from ebay is called FORBID... best $15 i ever spent
i used it a few times and they were all gone for months
but i think they're gettin about ready for another dose soon

a local friend who got some of my clones from a forbid treated mother growing in his garden, said it was really amazing how he had mites gettin happy on his original plants,
but they wouldn't ever touch the ones he got from me at all.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

floromite also from ebay
also flea bomb the room
not the spray kind. the ones that make smoke.
i just looked *raid fumigator* they work well.
good luck
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

You guys are great!! Thanks! :K:

Floromite was the one I was trying to remember. But I like the idea to use a pyrethrin fogger in the whole room. I was thinking the fogger would get into the eggs. I have no plants/clones (will starting from seed). So, I'll toss the little bit of soil out in the compost---drop all the nute stuff in a plastic bag--fog--after a couple days to clear the air, restart with new soil and seeds. I think that'll be my plan.
:puffpass:
:smokeweed:

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by BAMF »

LabRat wrote:My last 2 grows had the Borg which I had used some spray from WalMart. The spray was supposed to be "veggie safe" after a few days (and it didn't seem to kill me) but it didn't seem to really eradicate the little bastards much in my small closet grow (4' x 4'). I know all the proper poisons to kill them but I have this question: my closet and room have not had any kind of plants close to it since December--will that time, with nothing for them to eat, kill them? I'm getting low and need to set up and new grow--do I really absolutely need to get some STUFF (I forget the stuff that will eradicate them from eBay), or will time allow the little bastards to die off?

Also-they caught my babies when I sat my plants out in my outside veggie garden so I don't think they have any way to eat inside my house without a pot grow. Just wonder if they will die off if I let them die naturally.

Thanks! :rollitiup:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neem_oil" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ,,, without a doubt!!! Ya have to stay on them and use the NEEM OIL at very low concentrations,,, Somewhere in the parts per million range but NEEM OIL will kill em,,, ya see the NEEM enters the system and blocks the real hormones from working properly,,, kewl `eh,,,? Insects forget to eat, mateand they stop laying eggs,,, Some forget that they can fly :fly: If eggs are produced they don't hatch or the larvae don't moult and considering insects that are too confused to eat or breed wont survive,,, Well the population eventually plummets and they disappear and the cycle is broken :greenthumb:

It does work! Give it time to work. It's a much smarter way to deal with insect pests than to just kill everything,,,Keep in mind my friend,,,
For a neem garden spray 0.5% to 1% is a good general purpose solution. Depending on the purpose you may want to increase that to up to 2%.
Use your own observations and common sense. Keep in mind that neem oil insecticide does not kill insects instantly. Wait for at least a week to judge the effects. :toker1:

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Post by BAMF »

Ya can get it at yer local lowes of home depo cheep,,,

FYI
DO NOT EVER POLUTE YOUR INDOOR GARDEN BY TAKING THE LADYS OUT SIDE,,,
THATS HOW YA GOT THE LIL BUGGAS IN THE FIRST PLACE
:roflmao:

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

if your gonna make the effort may as well supplement with the organic part,to make sure your soil
isn't infested from gitgo,bake it at 300 degrees for 30 minutes
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Post by BAMF »

anu wrote:soil,,,infested,,,bake it at 300 degrees for 30 minutes :roflmao:

SOIL? omg say it aint so :roll:

SOIL... :roflmao:

Just kidding...
:roflmao:

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

potting mix ? is that ok ? or shoulod i have said,please bake yer night soil if you take antibiotics
and put yer night soil (shit) in a bucket and hide in thee neighbors rose garden.

seriously i thought i might have some flack back for bakin the bacterial life out of the mix,you can get it going again to some degree with,some liquid with mycorrhyzal and some molasses and some 10% pee of course collected 2 hours after taking vitamins,
nothings beats spiders and ladybugs and vigilence
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.